• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Remember, when it shipped, the Xbox One X did not exist. That patch came much later.

It was a great use because the base machines were just 30fps while Pro exclusively had a 60fps mode!

Unfortunately, the console release of 2 definitely has some additional polish issues but I know they working on it.

You know what I dislike about this?

I've had to endure people making videos about us saying we're Pro-Sony and anti-Xbox to the point where I get abusive DMs on Twitter. When I praised Spider-Man and shut down that puddle BS, for instance, it was a nightmare. People making all sorts of accusations about us being too positive about PS4.

Then...when I was positive about Gears 5? Do you know what happened? The same thing.

Let's not even get into the Switch!

The point is - people like you make this accusations based on their own biases but it doesn't mean they are true. This stuff hurts. It's why I stepped away from all forums for about a month. I really don't need this kind of attitude. It's unfair and hurtful.
You can't really compare me to such people. I never insulted anyone in DF thread and every time I just complain. Nothing more. Maybe I used sort of sarcasm? But I never, never insulted.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you guys live in a bubble where you think that since you see the world through the lens of a console war or brand loyalty, that everyone else must also see the world that way. They actually truly don't. Most adult humans, most professionals, do not even operate on these terms. Stop being cringe.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Not difference

Fake edit: In all seriousness though, Alex and Richard kept reiterating that the texture issue was not a problem on PC for as far as they know, but I have definitely seen streamers on PC experience the same exact issue.

Norse

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Norway
I don't see why the PS fanboys are so touchy, their platform delivers the best exclusives and by far the the biggest install base. They should be confident in their own platform and not be so uncertain and see bias where there are none.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't see why the PS fanboys are so touchy, their platform delivers the best exclusives and by far the the biggest install base. They should be confident in their own platform and not be so uncertain and ses bias where there are none.
In what way I'm uncertain and touchy, excuse me? Really I can't complain of some attitude which I don't like and it's totally inadequate for a tech site?

Last edited:

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Please, just stop. You've already derailed the thread far enough.
I reply to people who quote my post. What's exactly the point to quote me if my post are so stupid and ignorant? I swear to you I haven't go so far about this matter if someone would haven't replied to me. I assure to you. I just defend my argue.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
In what way I'm uncertain and touchy, excuse me? Really I can't complain of some attitude which is inadequate for a tech site?
You think we're too pro-Xbox which is false. That was the entire complaint. That's just your perception. Others perceive the opposite. What makes you right and them wrong?

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You think we're too pro-Xbox which is false. That was the entire complaint. That's just your perception. Others perceive the opposite. What makes you right and them wrong?

There's no point trying to reason with them, it's like talking to a brick wall. Just know that the vast majority here appreciate the work you and the DF team do and we dont think you're some crazy fanboy website constantly slagging off Sony/Xbox/Nintendo/AMD/Nvidia etc.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I could swear to you I know many people which have my same exact opinion. But said that, you can continue to say I said false things because people here said otherwise.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
There's no point trying to reason with them, it's like talking to a brick wall. Just know that the vast majority here appreciate the work you and the DF team do and we dont think you're some crazy fanboy website constantly slagging off Sony/Xbox/Nintendo/AMD/Nvidia etc.
Where I said I don't appreciate their work? :/
I was very specific about my complain. Anyway I missed the count where I was named fanboy and other various insults just for this. Don't remind any insult from me.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I want to tell you to just ignore this kind of posting, Dark1x , it's great to see you shutting it down rather than being deflated by it. Just don't go on too long because trying to get someone who is in the "DF is biased" camp to wake up is like trying to get someone to believe anyone but their political party is correct.

Back to The Surge 2 though, NG+ in this game is fantastic. It really took me by surprise how different it can be from the moment I started it.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I could swear to you I know many people which have my same exact opinion. But said that, you can continue to say I said false things because people here said otherwise.
Well, that's their prerogative but it's not accurate.

Let's just shut this down right now - Sega Mega Drive and Saturn are BOTH vastly superior to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. ;)

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
I'm at work and can't watch. Do they discuss screen tearing at all? Playing on the X and it's some of the worst I've ever seen if not the worst. It's everywhere and constant.

OP
OP
chandoog

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at work and can't watch. Do they discuss screen tearing at all? Playing on the X and it's some of the worst I've ever seen if not the worst. It's everywhere and constant.

No, I don't think they went much into tearing outside of mentioning how if you look at the sky on Pro (quality mode) and base PS4, the framerate jumps to 60 and you get tearing. If I missed it, that's my bad.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it seems pretty severe right? I wish they would just use triple buffering instead as the average frame-rate is still much much higher than any Souls game by FROM...but it seems worse due to tearing.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it seems pretty severe right? I wish they would just use triple buffering instead as the average frame-rate is still much much higher than any Souls game by FROM...but it seems worse due to tearing.

Do you think next-gen consoles can overcome those hiccups without any dev intervention in any game like maintaning the highest resolution, get rid of screen tearing, highest FPS, AA, high AF, no texture popping and insta texture streaming etc... Or that will still require dev tweaking those(not talking about the extra graphical features they could add)?

Last edited:

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Do you think next-gen consoles overcome those hiccups without any dev intervention in any game like maintaning the highest resolution, get rid of screen tearing, highest FPS, AA, high AF, no texture popping and insta texture streaming etc... Or that will still require dev tweaking those(not talking about the extra graphical features they could add)?
Should be possible, yes. We've already seen it this gen with XO back compat.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Y'all piling up John, he isn't even in this video.

Meanwhile Dictator is cackling with a cat in his lap.
Hah - yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

BTW if People notice me favouring PCs in analyses, that is because I was hired to cover PC as the platform, its history etc. is my passion. It is where I have my knowledge base too. I genuinely always want the PC version of the game to be the best it can be. That is pretty normal I think for anyone who has a speciality.
It is mentioned yeah, happens in combat anywhere in Jericho as I mention, but it does that thing where it does not go full screen, it drops frames if it leaves a certain area of the screen more or less. But if the game IS dropping frames and just a bit under, it will be constant :/
#
Should be possible, yes. We've already seen it this gen with XO back compat.

Yeah this and I hope things like Xbox Scarlett enforce Vsync + then VRR for anygame, regardless of OG developer coding.

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
Thanks for the reply. I hadn't heard a whole lot about it and was starting to question if it was just me. I was thinking possibly it had something to do with the use of a ssd. I was getting ready to move it to the internal drive to see if that helped. I don't know why that would have an impact I just can't get over how bad it is.