• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Andvari

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think it looks absolutely awful and I usually dont complain about graphics in 2019 games because they are at least serviceable. But this is something else.

Absolutely awful eh??? No it really isn't lol

Is it spectacular no of course not but bleh screw it not even worth it, had enough of joke posts for one day.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
dt02GIb.jpg

ss6xP6N.jpg

QjnqLXG.jpg

36WGLsx.jpg

iQGyfE8.jpg

Really? That's "absolutely awful" to you? The game looks great, and more importantly, the atmosphere is spectacular.
Absolutely awful eh??? No it really isn't lol

Is it spectacular no of course not but bleh screw it not even worth it, had enough of joke posts for one day.
My opinion. I dont like the art style. Like in the first 4 pics, the lighting looks very flat. The night shot looks okay tho.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I felt similar but once you understand the combat flow and realize even in demo how many moves Ryo has at his disposal it is really quite enjoyable. Check out this combat video it's pleasing to see many of his original moves returned.
The move list isn't my problem with the combat. It's the fact it all feels so very canned. Hate it, tbh.

Really don't know why they needed to dumb it down.
After playing the demo I have to say it's pretty fun and enjoyable.
The combat is a big part to me. And wasn't enjoyable.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Obviously given the budget of the project, I was never expecting AAA top tier visuals, and whilst I think daylight visuals are decent enough, the night time/moonlight segments in places surprisingly look absolutely beautiful, predominantly due to the gorgeous art direction. I love how dense the environments are too what with all those stunning vistas and mountainous backdrops all around.

Animations are last gen or older as hell, but in a way it's sort of charming in its own way. This game very much feels like a trip down memory lane. Shame the combat is lacking in places.

In any case, it looks far better than I expected it to, and I can't wait to finally get back in to this world. Hopefully the game is decent.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yu's team nailed the atmosphere. If the story holds up, this will be great. I'll play it on japanese tho.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
really, you didn't know about the trees being better than Dreamcast trees?
Am I missing something? What is strange about this? Foliage rendering back then was a big deal - when grass appeared in Tekken Tag is was like nothing we had seen before. Doing fields of grass and detailed trees was very difficult and rare in machines of that era but it's trivial now.

They have a tree system in Shenmue and it's neat but it's obviously limited in what it can display.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Am I missing something? What is strange about this? Foliage rendering back then was a big deal - when grass appeared in Tekken Tag is was like nothing we had seen before. Doing fields of grass and detailed trees was very difficult and rare in machines of that era but it's trivial now.

They have a tree system in Shenmue and it's neat but it's obviously limited in what it can display.
I'm obviously the strange one. Didn't realise Shenmue and tree systems had such deep roots.