• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Still getting the X version instead of Pro for the slightly better graphics. (And the hope of a small performance changing patch at least cause the potential of the console is there)
If 38 frames on X or 44 on Pro doesn't really make a difference anyway with open framerate.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Bring out the PS5 and X-Box "4."

Performance is more important the graphics ffs. Tone it down and produce a stable frame rate please.
lol PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are more than capable of running this game much better than it does. Sekiro isn't exactly a graphical powerhouse like a lot of games are this gen.

And annoyingly, it seems its always Japanese developers who keep getting this so wrong on AAA titles. Bloodborne, dark souls, final fantasy xv, kingdom hearts 3. The list goes on and on of titles that are just atrocious with not performance, but frame pacing. Do they have different tvs to us over there or what? Surely this is spotted at this point and just ignored because "the consumer will just lap it up anyway"
I just think they have different standards and maybe they've noticed that nice graphics is something people get over really quickly. If the game's fun and playable, that's all most of their audience really care about. I know Capcom tries pretty hard to keep up with graphics/performance, though.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Alright, went with the Pro over the X. Shame, poor thing hasn't had much since RDR2.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Shame they didn't cover the PC version. But I'm assuming it has better pacing and can hit 60fps?

Last edited:

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This might run at 4k 60fps on the ps5 but their next game will just run like crap anyway. They just don't prioritize good performance

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I never experienced the frame pacing of bloodborne and I am quite worried about the frame pacing because I don't know what to expect. Only option I got is the PS4 base version. I guess it is decision time.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a real shame. Still have never touched Bloodborne because of all the technical issues.
You missed out on one of the best games this gen because you heard it had technical issues? Wut. What technical issues btw? You mean the frame pacing? The only real "issue" that concerned me was near the entrance of Old Yharnam whenever I got to where the first werewolves are. There's a big performance drop there. The rest of the game is nothing like that, just typical bad frame pacing by From Software. Missing out because of that sounds absurd lol. Subpar frame rate comes with From Software territory on consoles. It has never stopped those millions of people across the world from endlessly playing the games.

MetalGear?

Nov 8, 2017
You missed out on one of the best games this gen because you heard it had technical issues? Wut. What technical issues btw? You mean the frame pacing? The only real "issue" that concerned me was near the entrance of Old Yharnam whenever I got to where the first werewolves are. There's a big performance drop there. The rest of the game is nothing like that, just typical bad frame pacing by From Software. Missing out because of that sounds absurd lol. Subpar frame rate comes with From Software territory on consoles. It has never stopped those millions of people across the world from endlessly playing the games.
I know it's idiotic, I'm just like that with games. The aliasing, framepacing, resolutiob of Bloodborne make it sadly unplayable for me. To give context, I can't replay certain Uncharted 4 levels because I can't stand the shadows in that game. Can't play assassins Creed because of the animations etc etc. I'm cursed and I hate it.

Edit: Also not just heard of the issues, I did try to play it but couldn't go longer than 10 minutes.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Same old shit, could have predicted this a mile away. It's amazing how a developer making these types of games has literally never offered anything close to smooth performance. At least there's a PC version. I bought KH3 and instantly regretted it, that game's unlocked frame rate was an absolute shitshow.

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Expected but still highly disappointed that all of these masterpieces have such bad performance. At this point, I am assuming that it's impossible for From to produce good performance in these games.

Oh well. Still getting it.

JosephMichael

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I get that the game isn't by all means "optimized" on consoles... but the way people are in here shitting on it is like the game is unplayable. I feel like some people missed the review thread where it is getting 9/10's & 9.5/10's pretty much across the board. That and it seems like everyone is bringing up Bloodborne like it wasn't also a wildly popular exclusive regardless of certain technical flaws.

I'd hate for people who are new to FromSoft games to be discouraged from buying Sekiro because of the critiques like these from people who have yet to play it first hand.

Oct 26, 2017
I get that the game isn't by all means "optimized" on consoles... but the way people are in here shitting on it is like the game is unplayable. I feel like some people missed the review thread where it is getting 9/10's & 9.5/10's pretty much across the board. That and it seems like everyone is bringing up Bloodborne like it wasn't also a wildly popular exclusive regardless of certain technical flaws.

I'd hate for people who are new to FromSoft games to be discouraged from buying Sekiro because of the critiques like these from people who have yet to play it first hand.

What do reviews have anything to do with this?

Deleted member 36749

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 24, 2017
Atlanta
Exactly. Like Ace Combat 7, this is a game with tons of alpha effects and usually japanese developers use those effects generously. It's not a surprise the XBX has problems running the game IMO.
Man that ace combat xbox 1x Port just comes off as lazy.

I beat it on there first, then got it on my pro for the vr playthrough and even then it still felt lazy. Great game but I just think they put performance on the back burner

As far as Sekiro goes I got it on my 1x preloaded and ready. I have a 120hz setup so here's to hoping it's good lol.

I took the weekend off and dont tk back to work until Wednesday! Lol

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized I can get the Xbox version for free, so I'll go with that version and double dip on the PC when I get some extra funds.

Sub 30fps and terrible frame pacing when it does run at it is basically bottom of the barrel when it comes to being nice to play.

It doesn't really drop frames on the Pro and while there are still frame pacing issues, I think it's improved a bit in boost mode.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, going to have to go PC for this one, that's pretty bad for all consoles. Haven't had a chance to check out the video though, but when I get home I will, need to make a definitive decision.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yah, reviews don't look at typical forum gamer hyperbole and they shouldn't. A lot of people here and back on GAF (mostly the same people, surprise surprise) like to throw around the word "unplayable" and not actually know what it means. Imagine major gaming websites ever decided to word their reviews the way too many forum posters do. No one would buy games and the developers would look really bad. Look how many millions of people play From Software games and we still have weird forum posters calling them unplayable. Besides that, not everyone has the same standard. Try meeting normal casual gamers in real life and see if you're going to hear them complaining about frame rate for games like this. Even most of the "hardcore" ones don't. They won't knock Sekiro for bad performance, they'll complain about how hard it is instead.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
frame pacing is a weird thing. no one ever said anything about it last gen in these type of DF threads that i can remember? did it not exist or did people just not know it was happening and described it as just stutter or dropped frames, bad framerate?

i didn't really remember it bothering me in bloodborne or ds3 despite the complaints. i remember ff15 getting a lot of complaints too in the quality mode on pro.

Astra Planeta

Jan 26, 2018
frame pacing is a weird thing. no one ever said anything about it last gen in these type of DF threads that i can remember? did it not exist or did people just not know it was happening and described it as just stutter or dropped frames, bad framerate?

i didn't really remember it bothering me in bloodborne or ds3 despite the complaints. i remember ff15 getting a lot of complaints too in the quality mode on pro.

I think people just didn't understand what was happening. I know I didn't, just never understood why some games didnt feel 'smooth'

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
While I'm sure everyone would want perfect framerates in every game, to most people it's something that just isn't that big of a deal, as these games still get top review scores, fan praise and sell really well.

I'm not sensitive to framerate issues myself so I have no issues playing a From game, despite the performance being far from perfect but it must really suck to be someone that honestly couldn't play and enjoy a game just because it judders or stutters a bit.

Jul 20, 2018
I got the impression they hid the Xbox version cause Sony got the marketing rights. They even just recently put up a Sony Underground Episode with it featured.

But yeah, I really don't know which version I want, tho I'm inclined to think the unlocked framerate is going to make PS4Pro's take off into orbit, noise wise.

The game was revealed at Microsoft's E3 conference. So many outlets have previewed the game at this point I don't think the PSU episode means anything.

I don't think they "hid" the Xbox version. They just focused on PS4 because it's more popular and possibly their preference.

MetalGear?

Nov 8, 2017
While I'm sure everyone would want perfect framerates in every game, to most people it's something that just isn't that big of a deal, as these games still get top review scores, fan praise and sell really well.

I'm not sensitive to framerate issues myself so I have no issues playing a From game, despite the performance being far from perfect but it must really suck to be someone that honestly couldn't play and enjoy a game just because it judders or stutters a bit.
It does suck.

StealthieOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dfw
Yah, reviews don't look at typical forum gamer hyperbole and they shouldn't. A lot of people here and back on GAF (mostly the same people, surprise surprise) like to throw around the word "unplayable" and not actually know what it means. Imagine major gaming websites ever decided to word their reviews the way too many forum posters do. No one would buy games and the developers would look really bad. Look how many millions of people play From Software games and we still have weird forum posters calling them unplayable. Besides that, not everyone has the same standard. Try meeting normal casual gamers in real life and see if you're going to hear them complaining about frame rate for games like this. Even most of the "hardcore" ones don't. They won't knock Sekiro for bad performance, they'll complain about how hard it is instead.
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC....KcAeW8Cs/giphy.gif&ehk=SS3rA40SJAXPjV5y/YYSQw

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
Freesync monitors will sort out the issues if you're using an xbox one x as it supports vrr.

Doubtful many use a freesync monitor with their xbox one x though.

People in the future will be able to enjoy this game with hdmi 2.1 vrr on their new TVs and whichever console they choose but I'd say stay away for now unless you buy it on pc.

From software needs to fix their games on consoles but won't unless people stop buying them.

Frame pacing and 38 to 45 fps Is garbage.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
When DMC5 runs as well is it does on console what excuse does a visually inferior game like this have?