• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yes you do, we do it for you guys. And thanks to Digital Foundry, I am now recognized, after 15 years in the industry, for the very best in gaming. That being Bubsy, Alfred Chicken and the Philips CD-i...
It's all downhill from here, Audi. Looking forward to your Tapwave Zodiac and GAME.COM "let's plays!"

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Audi keeps bugging me about doing a Let's Play of KLAX - every version tested.
Oh man. As someone who legit loves Klax I'm not sure how much you can wring from that stone...

But if he ever wins, and he probably shouldn't, I'll be there!
No, NO I DO NOT WANT THAT. I hate KLAX, I hate it! There are no redeeming quality to be found in KLAX and its lepriotic hand.
Haha, I got trolled. But I do love Klax!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That would genuinely make a very interesting video. Kinda like the Tetris video I made - seeing all the different iterations of a puzzle game.

(I agree, KLAX is fun). ;)
And maybe even more so now that I know it doubles as mild torture! Sorry Audi!

That Tetris video was indeed fantastic and I love when you guys do the more conversational videos covering games others might consider bad. You both have a great rapport and manage to find redeeming qualities in the most surprising places.

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
What is happening here, why are we discussing KLAX?! You are making me miss my time playing the CD-i

PC98_Audi

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
You know what would make PC98_Audi happy?
Digital Foundry Tech deep dive into NEC PC-9801.
(It truly was the next-gen of computing back in the days)
That is happening sometime, but it's gonna require a lot of transport and careful packing. I already caused a security alarm crisis at the airport transporting the CD-i Peacekeeper gun to his place. Also, a video game music centered episode would be fun on a off week, focusing on underappreciated composers and highlighting their work.

PC98_Audi

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Double post, but I wrote up production notes for both the original and this week's longplay if you wanna see how the sausage is made.

twitter.com

Audi, Count Kusoge on Twitter

“So I promised I would do a production notes for the #DFRetro episode Bubsy. I'll post a few notes and trivia in this thread. This was something @dark1x and I started doing after we did this episode together so now 1 year later, let's go! https://t.co/Vw9Y71iv8n”

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful stuff, Audi. Who knew this was actually all so personal and heartfelt. You're a brilliant addition to the team.

PC98_Audi

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Beautiful stuff, Audi. Who knew this was actually all so personal and heartfelt. You're a brilliant addition to the team.
Thank you, it's always fun writing these up! I always try to pull the heartstrings when I can. I'm not officially on the team though, but I don't think they mind the close association considering how often I show up.

PC98_Audi

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
You're very much official to those of us who love DF Retro, title or not.
That is incredibly heartwarming to read, thank you so much.
I had forgotten a few notes so be sure to check the recent updates to the twitter thread. Not sure what happened to my hair during that time, but I am glad it has its volume back now.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes you do, we do it for you guys. And thanks to Digital Foundry, I am now recognized, after 15 years in the industry, for the very best in gaming. That being Bubsy, Alfred Chicken and the Philips CD-i...
Doing god's work!

But seriously, I love spending time watching your content, same goes for Dark1x and you guys make a nice pair. Keep up the good work gents! :D

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
FYI Super Bubsy works great on modern Windows using DGVoodoo 2 and setting the graphics adaptor to the simulated ATI card. Anyone who has a copy give it a try, but it looks to be running 60fps (or whatever the game was running at in this video) with no visual bugs. Definitely much more convenient than breaking out a 20 year old machine!