• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly don't think I care about these "performance issues" on XBX for this type of game. While I do like that Capcom will continue fix things after launch, I for one am thinking I will get this one the XBX a I feel the increased details will add to the atmosphere of the game. The better shadows for this style of game would definitely add to that experience.

Quite frankly, this kind of scrutiny for every game out there is so exhaustively annoying that I've stopped watching these kinds of DF videos.
I don't enjoy being the bearer of bad news either but I think it's unfair to brush aside the issue. For some of us, this is a real problem. It's not a trivial thing.

For me personally, I cannot deal with such an unstable frame-rate. It ruins the game as it just feels sloppy. I would much rather play with a capped 30fps over an unstable ~45-50fps. Not everyone agrees but it's an important issue for me and others so it deserves to be highlighted.

The increase in detail in this case is so minor in terms of what you perceive that it simply isn't worth it. We know Xbox One X can deliver better performance by reducing resolution. It was just a poor design decision hence the need to point it out.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think I care about these "performance issues" on XBX for this type of game. While I do like that Capcom will continue fix things after launch, I for one am thinking I will get this one the XBX a I feel the increased details will add to the atmosphere of the game. The better shadows for this style of game would definitely add to that experience.

Quite frankly, this kind of scrutiny for every game out there is so exhaustively annoying that I've stopped watching these kinds of DF videos.

Capcom did a horrible job on more powerful hardware by choosing to go with 4k instead of lowering the resolution or providing a performance option. It should rightfully, be pointed out to consumers.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Really disappointed in the Xbox One X performance. RE2 looked and ran great, really don't understand what they were thinking changing things for this.

Oct 25, 2017
The X1X version is embarrassing. It's shit like this that shows even if the PS5 is behind on raw GPU next gen, it won't matter as along as they can get ahead in install base. Japan will continue to optimize for Sony's platform, and the extra power in the Series X will go to waste.

They used the extra power here, but they tried to use more than what was available. Or rather they misused it.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't enjoy being the bearer of bad news either but I think it's unfair to brush aside the issue. For some of us, this is a real problem. It's not a trivial thing.

For me personally, I cannot deal with such an unstable frame-rate. It ruins the game as it just feels sloppy. I would much rather play with a capped 30fps over an unstable ~45-50fps. Not everyone agrees but it's an important issue for me and others so it deserves to be highlighted.

The increase in detail in this case is so minor in terms of what you perceive that it simply isn't worth it. We know Xbox One X can deliver better performance by reducing resolution. It was just a poor design decision hence the need to point it out.
Just wanted to say that Marsy is definitely in the minority and most of us here absolutely care about performance (usually far more than graphical fidelity). Keep up the great work, guys.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

I agree a hundred percent. A 30 fps cap should at least be an option and should make both parties happy.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
RE2 was an absolute joy to play on the X last year so this is such a disappointment.

As a result I'll be waiting for both a price cut and a patch before I get this and it was originally a day one purchase for me.

Dec 4, 2018
Just wanted to say that Marsy is definitely in the minority and most of us here absolutely care about performance (usually far more than graphical fidelity). Keep up the great work, guys.

Thanks for the snide remark.

I think I will not mind 45-50 on this type of game. In addition to the visual upgrades being perceptible or not, I will see on April 3rd.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019
I would prefer a game like this to prioritize resolution and graphics settings over a solid 60 fps framerate, but this poor of a framerate is just too much for me on the X.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
I played it for around 2 hours on Xbone X. I wouldn't recommend picking it up at this point if you're sensitive to fps drops, though it for sure is nice to look at. Definitely improved over RE2. Lighting is mighty impressive.

Overall it feels like a meaty DLC as opossed to a full fletched sequel but eh, I like horror so I picked it up.

Dec 7, 2017
Has anyone noticed some missing hi res textures that pop in seconds later when loading a save game? I'm playing on ps4 pro

Or is it just me?

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Developers are certainly encouraged to get to as close to 4k as possible on the X even at the expense of framerate. It was sold as a 4k console after all.
The pro was built for the same purpose and unless you have actual proof for your statement, this is tales from you know from where.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The pro was built for the same purpose and unless you have actual proof for your statement, this is tales from you know from where.

And developers are encouraged to get as close to 4k image quality as possible on the Pro aswell.

These consoles were built for 1080p+ You don't need insider info to know this. It's common sense considering the companies straight up told us why the X and Pro exist.