• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think the demo is impressive?

• Yes

Votes: 2,855 92.0%
  • No

Votes: 247 8.0%

• Total voters

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still shocked that Microsoft decided to 'reveal' next-gen how they did. What were they thinking?

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
tech demos are pretty and almost never look like the finished product.

We'll see how games look with this tech in 4-5 years...

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This demo and hellblade 2 seem to be good indicators of the visual fidelity we can expect from xsx and ps5

Oct 27, 2017
Extremely impressive. I just wish they'd chosen to showcase some of those features in a more interesting setting than an Uncharted/Tomb Raider thing.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll, this was an Unreal Engine 5 tech demo. This same tech will be utilized on Series X. This is not a "PS5 vs Series X" issue.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Its kind of funny that they partnered with sony since only like 3 of there studios use unreal were almost all of ms studios use unreal

Cant wait to see the games that come from this engine

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, everything is so crisp and lighting is better than ever. But honestly, I expected much better than this.

It reminds me of Tomb Raider too much, with all the gameplay elements (besides flying which is impressive).

Can you add a poll, OP? Like "Are impressed by the tech demo?" or something like that.
I honestly don't understand how one could possibly be much more impressed. Outside of the character model, the graphics literally looked movie-grade.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
And the ERA console wars begin. I swear Tim's just watching this forum right now.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's hilarious that an actual tech demo looked like more of a game than any actual games we've seen so far (Hellblade 2, AC: Valhalla, etc.)

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
And if you wondered why we'd still be getting plenty of 30fps games next gen: This is why.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ya'll, this was an Unreal Engine 5 tech demo. This same tech will be utilized on Series X. This is not a "PS5 vs Series X" issue.

Of course, and will probably even run better on Series X - unless something goes horribly wrong with the optimization. But marketing/messaging is so important at this stage. How both parties reveal and talk about their console is going to matter down the line.

It is a huge win for Sony that they attached themselves to this reveal.

My only problem is that I want that game.

Yeah, it looks good. I wonder how much they fleshed out the 'lore' and world/character designs when working on this. Would love a behind the scenes look.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Its kind of funny that they partnered with sony since only like 3 of there studios use unreal were almost all of ms studios use unreal

Cant wait to see the games that come from this engine

could be ps5 was simply ahead in timelines to make the demo or better fit ue5 or both.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Yes it's impressive but the "squeezing through tight spaces to mask loading" is disappointing to still see. I'd rather have that eliminated over photorealism.

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, and will probably even run better on Series X - unless something goes horribly wrong with the optimization. But marketing/messaging is so important at this stage. How both parties reveal and talk about their console is going to matter down the line.

It is a huge win for Sony that they attached themselves to this reveal.
Agreed. But there's LOTS of time until these consoles release. Microsoft's 1st party reveal is right around the corner. Sony's as well. The demo we saw last week will be forgotten about a few months from now. People are so shortsighted thinking that anything being shown right now will matter much. What will matter is what is shown in the coming months.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes it's impressive but the "squeezing through tight spaces to mask loading" is disappointing to still see. I'd rather have that eliminated over photorealism.

That did make me shudder, but at least we can be sure it is not to hide any loading.. I hope!

Agreed. But there's LOTS of time until these consoles release. Microsoft's 1st party reveal is right around the corner. Sony's as well. The demo we saw last week will be forgotten about a few months from now. People are so shortsighted thinking that anything being shown right now will matter much. What will matter is what is shown in the coming months.

Yeah, this will all be forgotten when they hold their next 'reveal'.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty hilarious that the previous video on Inside Xbox was titled "Is this next gen?" and now we have "This is next gen"

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That wasn't to hide loading I don't think, probably an aesthetic choice so we could see the textures of the walls up close.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty rocks and lighting were pretty.

Not gonna get excited about anything but real games.

Plum

May 31, 2018

In terms of brand positioning it 100% is

Sony has associated their console with 'next-gen' whilst Microsoft failed to do so quite publicly. That's going to have a ripple effect on how people view the two consoles no matter how powerful they actually are.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone know of a location I can download an uncompressed video of the demo being played? I want to see that shit in all it's glory.