• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Here's hoping for a bloodborne patch in the future. But Dark Souls and Sekiro will always have a place on my SSD so it's nice to see it running at 60 fps.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Looking good, seems Sony did a great job on this. I hope they do test external storage loading times like they did on xsx

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I would love for From to at least patch the frame pacing in Bloodborne. Such a disappointment that it seems they have forgotten such a wonderful game.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Oh damn Sekiro running even better on PS5 than XSX is a huge win for me. Been waiting for a second play through, and it looks like I'll be doing that on PS5. Demons Souls and Sekiro back to back in 60 fps should be a treat.

ร†nima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Great news. I will still be playing Genshin Impact when the PS5 launches, so if i can get one at lauch would be great to see that game run at solid framerates.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I'm loving this. Going from my launch base PS4 to PS5 will be a huge leap.

I can't wait to replay these games in 60fps (I'll always chose performance over resolution).

And I wish there's a future where other games like RDR2 and especially Bloodborne are playable in 60fps.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but a less impressive implementation.

John from DF was impressed so I mean I may not like it, but I would take the word of someone who uses said thing again and has a stringent eye for these things. None of us have seen it.

It's just tone mapped to a brighter image. So whites get brighter. Lots of TVs do the same thing.

It's not the same thing that the Xbox Series X is doing with it's ML Auto HDR.

And lots of TVs do Auto HDR without ML.

Damn, remind me never to comment on things people who have played with in videos because I'm only going to get bombarded from people who have never used it telling me how bad it is. I literally just repeated what DF had said. None of us have tried it but damn people like to say how bad it is compared to the other thing their favourite box does that they also have not tried....

No wonder John goes crazy sometimes I feel for him

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
John from DF was impressed so I mean I may not like it, but I would take the word of someone who uses said thing again and has a stringent eye for these things. None of us have seen it.

And lots of TVs do Auto HDR without ML.

Damn, remind me never to comment on things people who have played with in videos because I'm only going to get bombarded from people who have never used it telling me how bad it is. I literally just repeated what DF had said. None of us have tried it but damn people like to say how bad it is compared to the other thing their favourite box does that they also have not tried....

No wonder John goes crazy sometimes I feel for him
There are degrees, nuance, and subtlety to these things that you have to be careful in how you phrase things because they can sound absolute one way or the other.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be playing more PS4 than PS5 games for a long time, so this is good to hear.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man I really wish Sony confirmed this stuff months ago, then I would've properly saved up for a PS5 this year ๐Ÿ˜…

master15

Nov 28, 2017
Wish someone would test Shenmue 3. I'm pretty sure it will run now at 60FPS, but always nice to get confirmation.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Ooooooh yes, that Sekiro and Dark Souls 3 footage! *drools*

Interested to see how Darks Souls Remastered and DS2 fare as well in these scenarios. Bummer about Bloodborne, but since I just recently finished it...I can wait for a (hopefully inevitable) patch.

Jonboy

Oct 30, 2017
Probably a dumb question, but PS4 multiplyaer games should work fine between PS5 and PS4 right? As an example, if I wanted to play Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 with a buddy who's on PS4, we could play without issue, correct?

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017

Did my own testing - hopefully it's deemed worthy to compete in here!

Thanks for that! I gotto say, I laughed out loud when I saw Bloodborne still has framepacing issues, even on PS5 bc. That game is just a technical mess and I kinda feel like it will never get patched because no one in their right mind would want to touch that technical monstrosity.

Otherwise BC on PS5 seems to be fantastic with games hitting rock solid 60fps for the most part. It's interesting really: People will be able to choose between rock solid 60fps bc on ps5 vs slightly better looking bc games on Series X in the future.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I'm starting to calm down about all the bad stuff and slightly less extremely disappointed (no quick resume, slower load times on BC titles than Series X, no PS5 cold storage on external HDD, bad battery life on Dualsense, etc), I am at least back to being very happy about what they've done with the BC in terms of boosted performance. BC is pretty much perfect other than only moderately faster load times despite a 100x faster storage solution.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
I really dithink Sony wasn't going to get the full benefit on the cpu side, and would only benefit from higher clocks.

happily proven wrong. Fantasy stuff

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing news. Is the Ghost of Tsushima footage the PS5 enhanced version or just standard PS4?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have any tests been done on Monster Hunter World?

I'm REALLY hoping for a locked 60 fps.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Probably because Sony doesn't want to be seen emphasising BC or playing to the same marketing game, rather focusing on the next-gen stuff. But I agree, clarification would have been welcome, and beneficial to them.

I'd say partly that yeah, I mean Sony definitely wanted to highlight new games coming in future not the current ones as they feel new games push the hardware sales more early on at least, but I have to wonder if Microsoft was pushing so much BC in the marketing this year because so many of their new games are far off and they needed to show that the current gen games work and are a big step up on next gen too.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Thanks for that! I gotto say, I laughed out loud when I saw Bloodborne still has framepacing issues, even on PS5 bc. That game is just a technical mess and I kinda feel like it will never get patched because no one in their right mind would want to touch that technical monstrosity.

Otherwise BC on PS5 seems to be fantastic with games hitting rock solid 60fps for the most part. It's interesting really: People will be able to choose between rock solid 60fps bc on ps5 vs slightly better looking bc games on Series X in the future.

Its strange because Sekiro and Dark Souls 3 are locked 60. I wonder why its such a mess