• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Weird that the PC port does not allow to toggle v-sync. But overall, everything looks pretty good.

I am not familiar with the Nvidia Shadowplay Highlights thing, what's that about?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the LOD is apparently significantly better on PS5. There's no way to choose the higher LOD in the PC version.

The example is crazy. Enemies and some objects in the distance just entirely disappear on PC where they'd be visible on PS5.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Weird that the PC port does not allow to toggle v-sync. But overall, everything looks pretty good.

I am not familiar with the Nvidia Shadowplay Highlights thing, what's that about?
Personally speaking from what i've read impressions wise, there are visible performance problems with Nioh 2 PC and other stuff but its vastly improved from Nioh 1 PC not to mention that they added in nvidia DLSS 2.0 or plan to add it soon.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

It automatically records clips of gameplay based on certain things like achievements or wins in a multiplayer game or combos in a fighting game etc.

Some other games that use it off the top of my head, are Tekken 7, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Hitman 2

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
It automatically records clips of gameplay based on certain things like achievements or wins in a multiplayer game or combos in a fighting game etc.

Some other games that use it off the top of my head, are Tekken 7, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Hitman 2

all right thanks!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, the LOD is apparently significantly better on PS5. There's no way to choose the higher LOD in the PC version.

The example is crazy. Enemies and some objects in the distance just entirely disappear on PC where they'd be visible on PS5.

Honestly, would swap it if it means PS5 performance is improved.

PS5 does... not run good in coop. (although is more of a particles issue I guess.)

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I think it would be hugely in favour if the PS5 until RTX I/O an similiar tech comes this year to PC.

I think in many cases, there isn't really going to be a pronounced difference in load times on PS5/XSX vs a PC without DirectStorage on a fast NVMe SSD - and as far as I'm aware on multiplatform stuff there hasn't really been any significant differences between PS5/XSX vs PC load times (could be wrong though!).

Where I think the difference would be felt would be in gameplay stuff, where the high storage speed is used to load stuff in real time during actual gameplay. But that requires a fairly fundamental shift in game design so I suspect we won't see that for a little while outside of exclusives (e.g. Rachet & Clank).

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, would swap it if it means PS5 performance is improved.

PS5 does... not run good in coop.
I don't understand why they didn't just go with the higher LOD on PC, but yeah, it should be possible to manually alter LOD in both versions.

Maybe PC will get the higher LOD when DLSS is patched in.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
I don't understand why they didn't just go with the higher LOD on PC, but yeah, it should be possible to manually alter LOD in both versions.

Maybe PC will get the higher LOD when DLSS is patched in.
I think they are just not a competent studio that can do PC ports. Should've given to Qloc and they might've done better but well if KOEI plan to do more PC ports and see this as experience gathering then i guess it makes sense?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think they are just not a competent studio that can do PC ports. Should've given to Qloc and they might've done better.
It's not a great port but it's certainly not bad. Ultrawide and DLSS support is more than I'd expect from a typical bare-bones PC port.

Nioh 2 is selling pretty well on PC so I hope they get around to it.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
would this be the first game without TAA support that support DLSS if they do indeed patch in DLSS but without TAA? Also on PC you can force FXAA in the nvidia control panel.

Last edited:

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I think they are just not a competent studio that can do PC ports. Should've given to Qloc and they might've done better but well if KOEI plan to do more PC ports and see this as experience gathering then i guess it makes sense?
One would assume, but from history that's not the case. Koei Tecmo can be super inconsistent. Like they can put out a decent pc port then the ones following after can be a complete disaster. I think it's depending now how messed up their original console code is.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn since the update I can now no longer play at resolutions over my monitors native 1080p.
I have to jump through a load of annoying hoops to do it now. Manually changing my monitors resolution before starting the game.
They need to fix this. It's ridiculous.

I haven't watched the video yet. Did DF cover this issue?

Last edited:

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
It's a little sad when we are not given the options to tailor the experience to our PCs and performance desires.
Who cares if disabling LOD and increasing draw distance to hell and beyond would cost an extra 10GB of RAM and 10GB extra VRAM, just give the option "experimental" where you can disable safeguards, that's future proofing.
I am unsure if that can be modded at runtime...

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
How would you test load times with all the different nvme, ssd, or even people with old hdd's out there? Just use the fastest nvme?
Basically, using a PC that has NVME Gen 4 support. So it would mostly be to test what's the fastest that it can load on PC and you could also attach a 7200RPM HDD and test the difference between the two and most peoples speeds should fall between those two. And yeah there are slower HDD out there but 7200 is decent enough if you are playing of a HDD.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
How would you test load times with all the different nvme, ssd, or even people with old hdd's out there? Just use the fastest nvme?
Guessing the same way he tests the PC version in every video - by using the hardware he has available. He just did so in comparing loading times with Control on a 3.5gb NVME PC, for example.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I made the mistake of looking at the comments. People REALLY love their consoles. You know it's gonna be an especially spicy take when the user has PS5 in their name.

Anyway, I've been playing for 25 hours and I had no idea about the lod. I noticed it a few times but I just assumed it was bad on all platforms. Hopefully they fix that in the next patch.

Oct 28, 2017
Is Silent, Durante, or kaldaien on Era? Any chance of them being able to take a look to see if they can fix the LOD if Tecmo doesn't?