• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Budget for those ports were probably way higher than this one, considering QD is now multiplatform. Not the first time QD makes a game for PC too.

Wait....so, Quantic Dream which is indipendent had a higher budget for porting their own games, and two of them were actually running on PS3 compared to PS4, while Sony and Horizon had a lower budget for Horizon PC version? That's a nice conclusion you are coming up.

Quantic Dream latest engines were made exclusively for PS3 and PS4 and their last PC game was released 15 years ago. Stop making excuses for a bad porting.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's sold at full price, I really expected a full quality port.

I'll buy it for $15-20 like it goes on Playstation.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Budget for those ports were probably way higher than this one, considering QD is now multiplatform. Not the first time QD makes a game for PC too.

Then it was really silly of them to build this version with pennies. How shortsighted could you be? This game has huge potential if only based on prestige.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
If it's really outsourced why did they choose Virtuos and not QLOC?
Why bother releasing the game if you are not putting an actual effort in the port?

Yeah. It's one of their biggest IP and they out sourced the port to a developer with a poor track record with doing them. That's not a good look.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea this was an outsourced project. That sucks for those who have been waiting :/

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It is a new thing for Guerrilla. They never needed to care about PC versions before.
Doesn't matter if it's a new thing or not, a lot of people at Gureilla would have had worked a modern game on a non playstation platform at some point in their time it's not like it's entirely composed of people who have never handled anything but a Playstation and no one has joined the studio since their inception in early 2000s.

Besides a studio that's supposedly the best in business when it comes to graphics is made up of people who are experts in the field, not just experts in making games for one platform only. Not to mention they made an engine that they license to other studios, that automatically means they would have had to develop the engine with more than just their studio in mind and Playstation in mind. We've had examples from the industry like Crytek only made PC games until Crysis 2 and they came out with one hell of a console port for that time, similarly Quantic Dream only made playstation games and they came out with a great port for PC.

EDIT: Looks like it was outsourced, well then.

Last edited:

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Clouds on Ultra are very demanding.
lpr5AIn.png
Going from right to left, it looks like a frog with giant lips turning towards the camera with a deadpan expression on its face. (In a, "you seeing this shit?" kind of way.)

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Sucks that this seems to just be a cash grab and no love was put into this

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Poor Port Job clearly but I have faith in Guerrilla that they'll try their best to patch it. Also I doubt there are many people here who have excuses like this but if any of you think that its okay to ask $50 for a port job like this and call us 'entitled' or 'whiny' or something similar then get your head out of your asses please. This is not acceptable regardless how less you care about it being an issue. If Sony wants PC gamers to buy their PS5s through this game then they sure as hell are doing a bad job at it.

Oct 28, 2017
Great. My motherboard runs both PCIe X16 slots at 8X so with a 2080 I'm going to be stuck with those sub 60 frame rates and hitching, right?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I still in the begininning but this bug is so weird that I'm pausing to talk here.
Alex talks that when he launched the game, even if it automatically recognizes his 4k Monitor, the game downscaled the resolution and then upscaled to 4K instead of going straight to 4K, which makes the image worse(of course).
He fixed either playing in bordeless(which causes issues its own that he will talk about later in the video) or changing to bordeless then changing to full-screen again, but it's a weird issue.
And this happened every time he launched the game.

I'm not sure what stopped this from happening on my primary rig, but it was absolutely happening in my first few days of HZD PC testing. I cannot personally reproduce it anymore, and as such, I left it out of my article.

Flounder

Oct 28, 2017
lmfao, facial animations locked at 30, while the rest is 60? holy fuck

Could be a quirk of Decima (although DS is fine), I remember Until Dawn really bugged me and I didn't know why at the time but I think it may have been because the facial animations were running significantly slower than the rest of the world rendering (it had an uncapped framerate as well).

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that either Sony or Virtuos are happy with this. They were most likely given a deadline and basically made something that is playable by that time. I wanna believe that it would be in a better state if it wasn't for W@H or they had more time. Hopefully, we see some improvements in the future.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that Guerrilla would he handling this port themselves. Guess not.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt that either Sony or Virtuos are happy with this. They were most likely given a deadline and basically made something that is playable by that time. I wanna believe that it would be in a better state if it wasn't for W@H or they had more time. Hopefully, we see some improvements in the future.
I am sure they aren't. Almost everything discussed was in notes for patches and plans to work on in the embargo. They fixed a couple but ya didn't do it in time.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Crytek only made PC games until Crysis 2 and they came out with one hell of a console port for that time, similarly Quantic Dream only made playstation games and they came out with a great port for PC.
Well, they actually made games before Heavy Rain and both Omikron and Fahrenheit are on PC. I agree with your point though.

Deleted member 27551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Great video giving recommended settings on your videos save alot of hassle.

Shame about the performance, it's a good game and looks great on a pro. Oh well I was going to buy it a bit later on anyway due to finishing twice before and just hope the problems are sorted quick.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
I don't think they'll patch it, tbh, I don't trust fixes on ports. Anyways, we'll see. Disappointing from Guerrilla.

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
Insane that they are letting a flagship title like this release in such a sorry state.

You'd think Sony/Guerrilla would want the best product available.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
So damn disappointed. I never played the game and was waiting for the PC port to happen.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Well, they actually made games before Heavy Rain and both Omikron and Fahrenheit are on PC. I agree with your point though.
And GG made Shellshock for PC, Xbox. :P
It's in the past really, people like to think of studios as one entity rather than made up of people who have worked other projects elsewhere before and these people come and go.

Oct 29, 2017
The short segment at the end comparing PS4 Pro to PC Ultimate settings in a cutscene also illustrates that the PC version's DOF is completely different/wrong compared to the PS4 version, and the PC side just generally looks a lot worse. This is so, so unfortunate, I really thought we'd get a great port.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I was going to hold off on buying anyway since I'm busy with a couple MMO's at the moment, but hopefully they'll fix the bigger performance issues quickly.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I payed $33 for this and i feel i made a huge mistake lol, as long as i can have a stable 60 at 1440p with a mix of high and ultra settings I'll be satisfied. I finished the game on ps4 already, bought this for the inevitable mods.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
The short segment at the end comparing PS4 Pro to PC Ultimate settings in a cutscene also illustrates that the PC version's DOF is completely different/wrong compared to the PS4 version, and the PC side just generally looks a lot worse. This is so, so unfortunate, I really thought we'd get a great port.
The dof looking different I think comes from the checkerboarding on Pro stretch Ing it horizontally!