• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Holy SHIT this game looks amazing! I completely ignored all the media for this game until now. Wow.

Ninferno

Nov 6, 2017
Glad to see that solid Series X performance. Hopefully this will set the bar for future games to come.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played yet, but I'm a bit disappointed I bought the PS5 version now. Nothing too serious as I love the controller, but for some reason I was expecting native 4k. Ah well.
Lol if DF or other outlet don't break it down to you, doubt you would know the difference unless your eye balling and looking. Just play the game all version look good.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Lol if DF or other outlet don't break it down to you, doubt you would know the difference unless your eye balling and looking. Just play the game all version look good.

If anything for people that don't watch this video there would be more who would notice the frame rate drops in Mendoza than the overall resolution drop I'd say.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks so pretty. This is the game I buy this cycle solely because I want a "next gen console game to look at" ( I guess I kinda wanna play it too, lol).

People may be making jokes about the tools getting better here - but I have Heard that build performance has indeed increased over time since launch on XSX. GPU Compiler and Stuff can be pretty important for GPU Performance!
That's interesting. I mean it's only been like almost 2-and-a-half months. Do these things usually "evolve" this quickly?

Does this game support Atmos or Tempest? Does it make use of Dual Sense?
These are important questions.

I hunger for these answers, too... (oh, apparently it does stuff with DualSense triggers...)

Kinda bummed this game was like... out of stock or something from "Amazon proper," so I had to buy it new from a marketplace seller that won't get here Friday (Also that I cancelled my Amazon pre-order because it said it wasn't getting here until next month, so goodbye pre-order bonuses).

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the nut jobs will lay off of harassing John Linneman for a little while thanks to this one.

he will just have the Sony nutcases on him now haha

though I must say, as a staunch defender of DF, that title they went with is really poking the bear and seems at odds to what I believe, and what they say they do this job for.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just finished my first run through of Dubai on the XSX and can only echo what the guys say in this video. It looks and plays extremely well. Smooth, crisp and the visuals are gorgeous. They've really done well by the new hardware.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished my first run through of Dubai on the XSX and can only echo what the guys say in this video. It looks and plays extremely well. Smooth, crisp and the visuals are gorgeous. They've really done well by the new hardware.
The loading is by far the best part imo, it's a game changer for hitman and most games.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
So with the XSX dropping as low as 41 fps the DF title is misleading no?

The lowest framerate I saw in the video was 51 FPS, and that was with the Series S in the flowers. The Series X has a dip in that same area.

Where are you getting that the title is misleading? It does run at 4k.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The loading is by far the best part imo, it's a game changer for hitman and most games.
Completely agree. In more casual runs I often can't resist the temptation to save and do something brazen, like lug a crowbar across a room at someone's head to see if it's possible to get away with it. Here you can do so, get spotted and then be back where you were in seconds. Game changer here and, as you say, in many other games. Is among the most immediate things to validate jumping into next-gen at launch.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It does. Gets some getting used to, though.
Yup. It's nice. But not as well implemented as some games I've played. All pistols feel more or less the same to me. As do all machine guns the weapon types definitely feel different from one another.
Thanks yall! Committed to the PS5 version but had some second thoughts after this review. Adaptive triggers help though if I can't manage to switch my order to XSX.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
If anything for people that don't watch this video there would be more who would notice the frame rate drops in Mendoza than the overall resolution drop I'd say.

I have to agree with this. From a technical standpoint it matters to know, but realistically? I remember when the screen tearing issue on the PS5 version of Valhalla was pointed out, and how that was less of an issue on XSX b/c of VRR support. I think frame tearing on the PS5 version of Valhalla was something I noticed a handful of times for a combined <60 seconds of the time I played the game. I noticed the frame drops in Jorvik and Winchestre more than I noticed screen tearing in the entirety of my 145 hour play through.

That's not a slight against John, Alex and the rest of the guys at DF, it's important to point out from a technical standpoint for a multitude of reasons, but in terms of being notable for your experience? Unless it's frequent or jarring enough to notice? You're not going to care unless someone points it out.

So I'd say the <45fps drops will be more noticeable to people than the resolution or shadow difference unless the visual disparity is pointed out to them. Performance is one of those things that's more apparent than technicalities in visual presentation. PC gamers have known this for years, Alex himself makes videos on DF re: getting the best outcome in terms of performance and visuals for PC versions of games. Sometimes "ultra" shadows = slightly less grainy shadows at a 15% performance cost that's not warranted and "high" is good enough that you wouldn't notice.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks yall! Committed to the PS5 version but had some second thoughts after this review. Adaptive triggers help though if I can't manage to switch my order.
It's worth it to stay with the ps5 version, I plan to get the xbox version eventually but your not losing anything by going ps5.
Completely agree. In more casual runs I often can't resist the temptation to save and do something brazen, like lug a crowbar across a room at someone's head to see if it's possible to get away with it. Here you can do so, get spotted and then be back where you were in seconds. Game changer here and, as you say, in many other games. Is among the most immediate things to validate jumping into next-gen at launch.
I agree, I loaded it up and was gitty because of how fast it was loading, it never stopped me to play it but the difference is huge and I just wanna keep playing more lol and like you said experimenting.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
As I said on the previous page, it would be helpful to have a developer to sit down and go through their thought process on these technical decisions. It would make these topics more productive too.

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
The lowest framerate I saw in the video was 51 FPS, and that was with the Series S in the flowers. The Series X has a dip in that same area.

Where are you getting that the title is misleading? It does run at 4k.
Watch the video again.
When zooming in it drops to 41 fps.

2160p vs 1800p
60fps vs dips as low as 41 fps

TIE

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I could cancel my ps5 version just in time. I didn't think there would be much difference considering the performance of multi platforms at launch. Hopefully the drops in Mendoza aren't too bad.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
2080ti

www.guru3d.com

Hitman III: PC graphics perf benchmark review

Hitman is back and made its way towards the PC. With improved graphics and completely new scenery, we'll look at the game PC graphics performance in a PC gamer way. We'll test the game on the PC pl...

gamegpu.com

HITMAN 3 тест GPU/CPU | Action / FPS / TPS | Тест GPU

В HITMAN 3 безжалостный профессионал Агент 47 возвращается ради самых важных контрактов в своей карьере, где каж

Results are a bit weird though, I'd wait for driver releases for the game at least if not for several patches

Hey, thanks! Gonna check this out now.

Ok, definitely seems like I should do PC for this one.

Last edited:

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Watch the video again.

2160p vs 1800p

TIE
Lol not to stoke the flames as there's clearly a motive here but the drops are in one area of one level, PS5 is 1800p for the entire games. 99% of the time playing on xbox you'd hit 60 FPS. Honestly though, don't see a reason why you need to defend the PS5 version as it's really good with only a very slight disadvantage. I played Jedi Fallen order at 1800p on my desktop and while I could see the difference between that and 4k it still looked amazing. This really isn't that big of a difference.

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
User Warned: Console Warring
Lol not to stoke the flames as there's clearly a motive here but the drops are in one area of one level, PS5 is 1800p for the entire games. 99% of the time playing on xbox you'd hit 60 FPS. Honestly though, don't see a reason why you need to defend the PS5 version as it's really good with only a very slight disadvantage. I played Jedi Fallen order at 1800p on my desktop and while I could see the difference between that and 4k it still looked amazing. This really isn't that big of a difference.
Can't be 60fps 99% of the time when a whole level is below 60fps.

Didn't defend the PS5 version what I did was point out that both have advantages and that DF's click bait title is misleading.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Can't be 60fps 99% of the time when a whole level is below 60fps.

Didn't defend the PS5 version what I did was point out that both have advantages and that DF's click bait title is misleading.
Maybe you should rewatch the video? it's not a whole level it's one area within one level. I've literally played it myself and can confirm. Saying dips as low as 41 frames is not telling the whole story. But listen, you purchased the right machine for you, no need to try and prove it to everyone else.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since this thread is about the technical aspect of the game. How do you guys find hdr ? It seems a bit ... dull ? I can't find a good setting. Serie x and oled lg

Tarkus

Oct 25, 2017
US
Watch the video again.

2160p vs 1800p

TIE
giphy.gif

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
You know what, my take away from this thread is devs should forget about 4k and stick with 1800p, spend that extra resource for better effects or something, apparently one can tell the difference anyway.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Now that Xbox tools have matured and PS5 has lost its very sauce will we see this trend continue?

What will happen if it doesn't lol

Seriously this was the result most of us were expecting when specs were shown. And I do think this game favour more cu as their crowd routine were running on GPU of I recall correctly

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Now that Xbox tools have matured and PS5 has lost its very sauce will we see this trend continue?

What will happen if it doesn't lol

Seriously this was the result most of us were expecting when specs were shown. And I do think this game favour more cu as their crowd routine were running on GPU of I recall correctly
For me I'll say once is a coincidence and twice is a pattern. Not enough examples of Xbox hardware pushing ahead like this to definitively say anything.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
For me I'll say once is a coincidence and twice is a pattern. Not enough examples of Xbox hardware pushing ahead like this to definitively say anything.
Every game engine is built differently. We will see different results that's for sure. Also we should just use df to make purchases it's not ammo for console wars even if they have click beauty title

Oct 27, 2017
That's interesting. I mean it's only been like almost 2-and-a-half months. Do these things usually "evolve" this quickly?

There is still work to be done but very few companies have the technical wherewithal to make things evolve in a quick time like Microsoft can. They need to lead the way and push for those technologies baked in like machine learning and other RDNA features so they are pushing at a breakneck speed currently.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad this is landing strong on every platform. Excellent work, all around.

The real question is if you can see the resolution difference without pixel counting? That I'd like to know.

On my 55-inch set, I can tell in something like this (because the post-processing still leaves such a sharp image). It's not night-and-day, but anyone putting money into a good 4K set will appreciate it. 1800p is perceptually really close, though.

Last edited:

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
Came in here to see some people get banned and I wasn't disappointed lol.

As a owner of both consoles I'm happy to see the Xbox flexing....and the PS5 still isn't a slouch. This generation is going to be really special.

Jul 28, 2020
So I'd say the <45fps drops will be more noticeable to people than the resolution or shadow difference unless the visual disparity is pointed out to them

I always think it's weird that people think that resolutions other than their TVs native resolution don't have an effect. Fwiw, you'll get used to whatever the game is but as soon as you see jaggies or shimmering, that's the giveaway for me. I don't need to count pixels or compare screengrabs (particularly static ones!) to know that the game isn't looking as good as it could.

You can ignore that and have a fine time but that sort of thing is pretty obvious to everyone.

As for dropping frames, not ideal, but dropping to 50 something in one area of one level on a device that supports VRR means no big deal.

Fwiw, I think these problems won't make much difference on any platform but the more people try to champion their platform of choice the cringier it gets.