• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2017
It looks like I'll be skipping launch and wait to see some streamers play it.

Too many game released completely broken, even after the day 1 patch. From the biggest studios in the world. Better be cautious.

I've watched over ten hours of leaked gameplay and there is VERY little problems with the game.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
How is this thread 14 pages?? Omg the review thread for this game is going to be an absolute dumpster fire, isn't it.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know what type of ray tracing this game will have on consoles? Global illumination, shadows or reflections?

Alfador

Feb 15, 2022
People acting like this is a Cyberpunk situation where nobody has seen the game running. That's just not true. Plenty of people have played it and seen it already. You don't have to make assumptions.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
More PS4s have been sold than NES or PS1s, so I expect more of that hardware to be around in 20 years. The chances of you finding a console in 20 years with the patches of the specific game you want to play (out of 1000s released) already installed are basically nil. Who purchases NES cartridges 20 years later when ROMs are easy to find you can play them on basically any device? Really implausible to you I guess.
Survey preservation of PS4 games will be identical to the preservation of NES games. That's totally gonna be a thing. Because the NES and the reasons people try to preserve that as well as the audience are identical. Because nothing changes overtime. Ever. Like are you trolling? Do you not see how "well there might hypothetically be someone in twenty years preserving games exactly like the way that an extreme niche of people preserve NES games" is the most absurd answer possible to a rhetorical question about a PS4/PS5 game? 🤔

Last edited:

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
If it's bad on PC, hopefully the modding community will bail us out.

Even if performance sucks though I'm still playing the hell out of this game. From Software are one of the few companies where the games are good enough for me to overlook performance issues.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
"Wow I guess it's that bad if Bandai Namco are hiding it huh?"
"They're not hiding it, they will review the release day code, which is the same thing everyone will play"
"It probably runs like shit before the patch"
"It doesn't, people are playing it right now, you can see for yourself."
"Makes you wonder how bad it was before the patch, I'm cancelling my preorder. I'll wait for impressions."
"You can see people streaming it right away if you want to"
"Guess we'll never know"

Rinse, repeat for 7 pages.

May 14, 2021
To be fair, cancelling a pre-order for the Xbox takes 30-seconds of effort - all done online via MS Account Purchases. No phone call, no contacting Customer Service. Check off Refund for that order. Click Enter. Done.

And MS gives out 5000 to 6000 Reward Points for many pre-orders - and that is on top of using MS Reward Points to actually buy the game. There is little risk in preordering for the Xbox - and this is one of the few methods to get a discount for a console game on release when purchasing a digital game. I do what I can to save money buying digital games.
Yep. I paid about 49 for ER thanks to MS Rewards.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Woah

You'd think there was legit news here. Dramatic serious business.

"Dumpster fire" "disaster" "yikes"

Calm down. Hypothetical it runs not so hot……bloodborne runs like shit. And it's my game of that gen.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Supposedly the patch has raytracing since it's the launch patch I don't see what the big deal is we've see digital foundry cover/test the game already so it wouldn't make sense to do another video in an unfinished state so close to launch without the day one patch.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
I was relying on DF to inform me whether to get the PS5 or XSX version. Guess I'll be waiting for the video to drop before buying.

Padibuz

Dec 17, 2017
As good as From games are, I'm kinda bummed that they are still behind in supporting certain PC features, like ultrawide, or high FPS, past 60.
I'm sure the game will be great, but at the same time it's annoying I won't be able to enjoy it properly due to their ignorance when it comes to PC.
In terms of UW being modded in, sure...until the anticheat solution flags you for tampering with the exe...
And for high FPS...in 2022, even consoles can do 120, it really really shouldn't be a thing anymore, to cap games at 60 because, presumably, your old ass engine ties physics to frame rate .

Jan 29, 2018
I don't see the big deal. Why would I want a Digital Foundry analysis that's obsolete by the time I'm done installing the game?

Was anybody here planning on not installing the patch?

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I came here to get an answer, but now I don't really want it.

"They're not hiding it, they will review the release day code, which is the same thing everyone will play"
"Makes you wonder how bad it was before the patch, I'm cancelling my preorder. I'll wait for impressions."
"Guess we'll never know"

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
I preordered from GMG because of the 20% discount. You cannot cancel your preorder once they keys are sent out so I just cancelled and got the refund before the 48hr pre-release pre-load. I'll wait for pc reviews and if the stuttering and frame drops are fixed I'll just buy full price from steam, no big deal.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Was anybody here planning on not installing the patch?
Presumably the 0.01% of people who own a PS4, know about digital foundry, but somehow don't have internet.
"Guess we'll never know"

Don't forget the multiple accusations against Digital Foundry. Absolutely ridiculous and incredibly disrespectful.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
"Guess we'll never know"

Basically

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
So to the people complaining.

Do you want them to do an analysis without the day one patch??

Like what's the problem here??

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
People should be required to read the first 2 pages of this thread before commenting. Literally nothing productive after that.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So doesn't this mean that reviewers play without the day 1 patch?Then maybe some performance issues like the stuttering on PC will be fixed?

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
No real issue here.

Though I wish they'd say if it ran decently or like shit currently. Like if it's dropping some frames, and they hope the patch will smooth it out. Or if it runs at 40 fps, and crashes every 6 minutes.

Since one is believable that a day 1 patch might fix, and if it doesn't you still will want to play - and the other is don't even bother until you hear it's fixed.

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
So to the people complaining.

Do you want them to do an analysis without the day one patch??

Like what's the problem here??

Nobody knows if the pc version that was played during the Redbull event 2 days ago was already patched. Would Namco want streamers playing a buggy unpatched version a few days before release?

1vRsKYo.png

MarcoGorgar

Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro
Are all topics with "reviews like" same as we see here? wow hahaha Funny and bizarre at the same time.
And some at ERA complain about twitter. I've read less troubled people there..

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Making these videos is a lot of work so why would you waste time making a video that doesn't concern most of their viewerbase's actual experience with the game? Looking at the version that's on the disk would be a fun thing to do later on, not to go "gotcha" at From on review/launch day, which has never been the goal of DF.
I seem to recall videos of games pre-launch day patches though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
The dramatics are a bit much and while I understand and completely accept DF's reasoning, I think I'd still like to see the data on the pre-patch version also.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Are day 1 patches always completed right before launch day, or are they just holding off on an already completed patch?

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
That is presumably the version we will be playing so it makes the most sense that DF will cover that. If it runs like shit before and then runs great after, it doesn't really matter what it used to be.

I do wonder if this applies to other reviewers though?

Status
Not open for further replies.