• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
"In the past, some people have said 'why bother with such a focus on back-compat? Who's actually using it?' Well, for starters, simply is, principle, for the sake of preservation, I applaud Microsoft's efforts. And secondly, with the arrival of Game Pass, there's an audience of millions who will have access to a range of titles from across the generation. Therefore, backwards compatibility obviously matters."

A+ quote right there.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People keep saying "old games" in various discussions I have been in. Some of these "old games" came out this year. Some of them aren't even out yet.

Sony is giving away 18 "old games" to PSN members to buy PS5.

People who game a lot will be playing mostly "old games" on these consoles for some time.

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
People keep saying "old games" in various discussions I have been in. Some of these "old games" came out this year. Some of them aren't even out yet.
I think more to the point, some of the best games of all time are "old games". Over half of my personal favorites that I keep returning to play, are 10+ years old.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
"In the past, some people have said 'why bother with such a focus on back-compat? Who's actually using it?' Well, for starters, simply is, principle, for the sake of preservation, I applaud Microsoft's efforts. And secondly, with the arrival of Game Pass, there's an audience of millions who will have access to a range of titles from across the generation. Therefore, backwards compatibility obviously matters."

A+ quote right there.
Seems like an sponsored add honestly.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017

A+ quote right there.

Amen to this.

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019

A+ quote right there.
Preservation of what, aren't backwards compatible games digital?

0ean

Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Looks great, even though those backward compatibility games are enhanced. I can't wait to see what enhanced games look like! 120fps 4k?

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.