• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Nuts how when chief boots up a buncha live and GP codes were embedded. Buncha other easter eggs too and maybe even the current date for when halo infinite is.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
seems a bit silly to limit a discussion on how good a game looks based on how realistic it appears. halo infinite is obviously not going for photorealism, so why is it judged against games that are with how realistic it looks?

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Actually laughed at some of the people comparing linear, 30fps games like Detroit become human to this and claiming they look better. I will trust DF and my own eyes over that bullshit

Gonna be ignoring a lot of these threads when the new consoles hit if this is a preview of what we can expect discourse wise

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
For a cutscene in an enclosed area, it looks very good. The open environments should blow people away

LawfulJauntyBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

thats god damned right

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Has this been confirmed to be 60fps on the base Xbox One?

For a cutscene in an enclosed area, it looks very good. The open environments should blow people away but the character modelling isn't that great, something about the skin shaders aren't reflective enough (like the guy has a case of dry skin).

343i has been really insistent on 60fps for all things Halo. I wouldn't expect that to change here regardless of if it's an Xbox One, S, X or Scarlett

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Not really impressed at all. Even knowing its 60fps doesnt really have me change my opinon. But i dont think it says much about what Anaconda can deliver, rather the game is not really intending to be a technical showcase on that level

I feel like its essentially a Breath of the wild situation since this is coming out on XB1 after all, and has to be run on that hardware

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
The only thing that comes close is TLOU2 and we'll see how the final product looks. For all, we know the visuals are running on a PC as strong as a PS5.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Out of this I don't find this is so impressive. And this will be difficult to impress with cutscene next generation because the level is high for the best of the best current generation. I think show something else would have been a better option but I can understand they want to show it more at E3 2020.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
If it maintains this fidelity in an open world, then it would be really impressive. The facial animations are subpar, imo, but there appears to be a ton of geometry there, and the lighting is beautiful.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I mean, people are comparing a more open Halo that may be open world for all we know which has to have dozens of enemies on screen at 60 fps at 4k to linear games that run at 30fps and 1080p. If we want to see the best stills, we need to wait for a next-gen only game that is less open.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure the graphics will be great regardless, but I'm not judging anything until we get real next gen gameplay.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, people are comparing a more open Halo that may be open world for all we know which has to have dozens of enemies on screen at 60 fps at 4k to linear games that run at 30fps and 1080p. If we want to see the best stills, we need to wait for a next-gen only game that is less open.

Right I feel like we need to wait and see what the scope of this game really is.

Feb 23, 2019
I wouldn't expect it to be representative of next-gen. It was being developed with Xbox One in mind first.

Nothing they've shown this far has screamed next gen either.

It'll look damn good at 4k60 tho

MXT

Banned
May 13, 2019
I wouldn't expect it to be representative of next-gen. It was being developed with Xbox One in mind first.

Nothing they've shown this far has screamed next gen either.

It'll look damn good at 4k60 tho

Infinite is being designed around Scarlett first, with a last gen port.

Infinite is still early - it's a year and a half out - and the scene is small and dark. The scene immediately following where the trailer ends is much more 'next gen'. You'll see a lot more of Infinite before Scarlett launches.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Not really impressed at all. Even knowing its 60fps doesnt really have me change my opinon. But i dont think it says much about what Anaconda can deliver, rather the game is not really intending to be a technical showcase on that level

I feel like its essentially a Breath of the wild situation since this is coming out on XB1 after all, and has to be run on that hardware

A trailer 18 months from release doesn't paint the full picture as to what the final game will look like.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
While ignoring the facts.
That is indeed quite a problem in these threads as we are not talking about the objective points that Alex pointed out in his video but a "I think it looks current gen" which is completely subjective.
It's like arguing Mario Kart looks better than Gran Turismo Sport because you prefer the art style of Mario Kart. You can of course make that argument as it is subjective but this doesn't mean that technically GTS is not way more advanced in many ways, objectively.

Igorth

Nov 13, 2017
A trailer 18 months from release doesn't paint the full picture as to what the final game will look like.
Yes, it can look worse, the same or better. I think it will look mostly the same, maybe with a framecap to 30 fps in cutscenes like Halo 5 or VRR if the TV supports it. (I hope this becomes more common next gen).

What im really curious to see is gameplay outside cutscenes, thats where the real meat is.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Once they actually show an open world with dozens of enemies on screen running at 4K/60fps I'm sure the tone of the conversation will shift. You can't really ask people to be blown away by something they have to imagine. If Sony debuted Horizon 2 with a short clip of Aloy talking to a robot in a small brown cave, you'd probably see a similar reaction.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
What impressed me most was the sheer complexity of the geometry and the quality of the textures.
Infinite is being designed around Scarlett first, with a last gen port.

Infinite is still early - it's a year and a half out - and the scene is small and dark. The scene immediately following where the trailer ends is much more 'next gen'. You'll see a lot more of Infinite before Scarlett launches.
I don't believe it is, I'm pretty sure it's being made for Xbox One first.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
If Sony debuted Horizon 2 with a short clip of Aloy talking to a robot in a small brown cave, you'd probably see a similar reaction.

is sony did that the talk on resetera would be that its more realistic looking than real life. People would trip over themselves to gush over the magnificence of that reveal. It would be hailed as the greatest leap in graphics ever

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
is sony did that the talk on resetera would be that its more realistic looking than real life. People would trip over themselves to gush over the magnificence of that reveal. It would be hailed as the greatest leap in graphics ever

Flips both ways to a degree. As you can see here. Some are proclaiming exactly what you said...and if we are talking pure visual fidelity, I find that just as silly.

Oct 27, 2017
Sony isn't immune to criticism though. Days Gone got shit on a lot and it's a big AAA first party exclusive.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not really impressed, will wait to see gameplay before I judge but there was nothing in that trailer that screamed "next gen" to me. I got more next gen vibes from watching Death Stranding trailer recently and the CyberPunk 2077 gameplay vid from last year. Maybe it's due to the fact that they aren't aiming to make this a technical showpiece just yet or maybe it's the fact it's a cross gen game, who knows.

Edit: Forgot about TLOU2, that wowed me more graphically than this Halo Infinite E3 trailer. I don't know how Naughty Dog does it.

Last edited:

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Looks OK. If this is how it really looks and runs in 4K60 in actual gameplay it would be more impressive.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Numerous examples of Sony being criticized on this forum, read any thread about crossplay for a start. Y'all gotta let go of the victim complex.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Probably representative of what initial cross gen titles will achieve. True heavy hitters designed soley for the new consoles will be much more impressive

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft certainly has and probably will always have an up hill battle in Era.

This sort of stuff doesn't help at all. You can't expect people to be blown away on any next gen reveal based on technical details. When 343i show the big stuff, it will be recognized.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Looks good and they still have a lot of time to work on it. Still need to say real gameplay, i do not trust E3 in engine demo's or gameplay. But it looks impressive and remember every beginning of a console the games look like a mix of current and next gen. Can not wait to see what they do two years into next gen.

Oct 31, 2017
If you think that, fine.

But are you going to look at this

RqKwTMK.gif

and tell me it looks as good as this?

tumblr_psa4twP28Y1qgojgxo4_540.gif

Honestly, critique that Halo footage and tell me you think the skin/animation/facial detail is phenomenal let alone close to Death Stranding.

Both sets of footage are from cutscenes and the difference is still staggering, and you can say "it's just cutscenes!" all you want but both are supposedly in-engine so it's not unfair to compare them.

I'm even willing to say Halo doesn't look as good but since it's 60fps it's acceptable that it took a hit graphically, fair enough.

But I defy anyone, based on the footage we have so far, to say DS looks worse, let alone that Halo looks better.

Also the talk of 'waxy' looking skin is bullshit, Mass Effect has waxy skin, Death Stranding doesn't.
Holy fuck, I forget how good Death Stranding looks at times. I can't believe I get to play it in a few months 😆

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
Looks very good, I like art direction, very similar to classic halo and chief armor is looking very similar to the ones in halo wars 2, so looks cool! But I really prefer jerome's armor textures or halo 3 2006 trailer armor textures.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I've been just spoiled with great looking games from Sony FP and multiplat on PC that I don't find this that impressive at all. It looks good and 60fps but that's it

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it looked good but compared to the the trailer last year which it wasn't as impressive because the environment was very small and enclosed. I'm not too fussed about how it looks anyway as I'm sure the games that were designed from the ground up for the next consoles will be taking better advantage of the power available.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Platform Warring and Community Generalizations; Previous Ban for Similar Behavior
Microsoft certainly has and probably will always have an up hill battle in Era.
And I dont fully understand why?

They pretty much 180'd themselves from the beginning of the generation shenanigans.....they have given Gamers what Gamers wanted at pretty much every turn....beyond having an Uncharted, God of War or Last of Us game. They have done pretty much everything right since about mid-gen....Id think people would forget the bias and just give respect where respect is due.

Looking from a non-biased perspective the negativity towards Microsoft and Microsoft IP is staggering even when the IP dont deserve the hate(Crackdown 3 got what it deserved). People keep telling me NOT to play that narrative but from what ive seen the bias on ERA is clear as day Sony can do no evil, Microsoft can do nothing right is the view a good percentage of the posters have. Go into any MS thread regardless of what its about...and half the first page is some random hate, go into a Sony thread and the first 3 pages are dick sucking.

And now we have this thread where people are telling me the Halo Infinite graphics look current gen....yet from a technical perspective there is no game current gen anywhere near Halo infinte.
Not liking the art style is fine....cant force an artstyle down someones throat.....but technically speak this is very very impressive footage....ohh but its Microsoft, so no its actually trash.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
It's a case of how taxing 4K/60 is and unfortunately for MS and Sony, they've already exhausted "4K" as a marketing bullet point so that by itself isn't going to blow people away. This is why a lot of people around here would prefer continued use of checkerboard/temporal injection or other lower resolutions.
Well said.