• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
There are a few games that I would have expected to work fine as they released alongside PC versions with 60fps support. I guess that even if the games don't have any game breaking bugs they still might not perform well enough to justify enabling the option.
Performance is one idea, but depending on how they ported the game to console the mathematics may have very well been changed to not handle anything past 30FPS. Much like how you can't just boost the framerate in Doom simply by telling it to render faster, it will still only draw 35 unique frames a second, as that's all its gameloop is designed to handle and the renderer doesn't interpolate data.

Locking down the game loop and disabling any form of interpolation (assuming it has logic for that at all) can sometimes be a very efficient way to optimise the game for the older gen consoles, as you can reduce the logic to some basic constants, given their lack of out of order and speculative processing.

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, plenty of games that would have problems like that. But Dishonored 2 or Assassin's Creed Origins seem like likely candidates that didn't make the cut.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
So can you play the game and DLC on your Series X?

One X only for now, but no that's what I'm saying. The game says I do not own it. I guess I thought I explained that. I'd need my disk copy which I lent to someone a long time ago. I see no reason why I couldn't use the DLC. I properly own it now without any weirdness. The weirdness is the fact that buying the game gave me the DLC instead of the game.

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
Played Sonic Genrations on XSX, ran smooth. Also ran well on the Xbox One X connected to a 1080p TV.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One X only for now, but no that's what I'm saying. The game says I do not own it. I guess I thought I explained that. I'd need my disk copy which I lent to someone a long time ago. I see no reason why I couldn't use the DLC. I properly own it now without any weirdness. The weirdness is the fact that buying the game gave me the DLC instead of the game.
Oh ok. I got the DLC part but couldn't make out if it also said you owned the game.

So I'll continue to wait until Xbox fixes it.

Did you report this problem?

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Just watched and I'm impressed! Whenever I feel like going back to Fallout 3 I'll definitely opt for my Series S over PC, despite the removal of GFWL I couldn't get the damn game to start.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Oh ok. I got the DLC part but couldn't make out if it also said you owned the game.

So I'll continue to wait until Xbox fixes it.

Did you report this problem?

Oh sorry yeah I explained how weird it was acting to the person. She said that was appreciated and she'd send it to the backend team to help them figure out what broke.