• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
lmao. Obviously I meant Playstation, Nintendo and Xbox :D
Maaaaaan. I have never regretted cheaping out on my cpu when I made my budget build some 4 years ago. Sigh. To upgrade my cpu and play flight sim or buy a ps5.
We don't have specific details yet, but Spencer said they want more countries to support Xbox All Access, which is a program very similar to smartphone contracts. Pay a monthly fee and get a Xbox. With that you could probably purchase the PS5 and then Xbox with All Access. If it will be available in your country.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
You would want a yoke setup and not a hotas. You get the foot pedals, and throttle with the yoke also.

no because then I wouldn't be able to fly an A-10. I'd rather get a stick based HOTAS like when I used to play Su-27 Flanker back in (jesus 1995??). I can compromise flying commercial planes with a stick I think (although I guess a yoke gives you more fine grain control.

Although I really should avoid that rabbit hole if possible.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
This looks fucking insane, and I forgot that this was coming out on the Series X. I cannot wait to putter around in Easy to wind down. Exciting shit.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
no because then I wouldn't be able to fly an A-10. I'd rather get a stick based HOTAS like when I used to play Su-27 Flanker back in (jesus 1995??). I can compromise flying commercial planes with a stick I think (although I guess a yoke gives you more fine grain control.

Although I really should avoid that rabbit hole if possible.

I think there are only commercial and smaller planes at launch.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
This was a very good video. The tech is super interesting. I usually don't get excited about a sim but this one I'm gonna try for sure through game pass.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I want to dust off Alex's stick.
giphy.gif

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
Ehm, so I am still running a i5 3570k and a GTX 1070 and I am hyped as hell for this game and it's finally pushing me to upgrade my CPU. The thing is, I would want to get the Ryzen 5 3600, but seeing that next gen consoles have 8 core CPUs, should I better go for the 3700x?

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Ehm, so I am still running a i5 3570k and a GTX 1070 and I am hyped as hell for this game and it's finally pushing me to upgrade my CPU. The thing is, I would want to get the Ryzen 5 3600, but seeing that next gen consoles have 8 core CPUs, should I better go for the 3700x?
I went with the 3900x it's heaven đź’Ż

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Yo this is the same company that worked on a Plague Tale? That's something. Best photorealistic graphics I've ever seen. DF putting in that work.

Last edited:

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
My takeaways from the vid are 3:

1) Game is impressive, can't imagine how it will look with a good HDR implementation.

2) We need Zen3 CPUs and pronto.

3) The chances of this coming to Jaguar CPUs are pretty much as high as Mighty No° 9 releasing for the Vita.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017

Two of mine burnt out finally or their mobos did.

I ain't buying jack till post october seeing as most products are in a EOL.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
/pulls hair out
Glad DF (and others) are able to get this info out there. Everyone else (alpha/beta) are still under NDA. :(
Great video and represents the game very well.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Holy shit. Sitting back with this and exploring the world is gonna be so chill. I feel like I need to make myself a list of all the places I want to fly over and explore as a little personal project. I could also see them adding some achievements that really encourage this sort of thing, like landing at all the major airports, visiting the wonders of the world, etc.

Stuff like the real world and real time weather and real time air traffic is mind blowing to me. Like, what if there is a major hurricane? Would that show up in the game? Or would it be limited to generic thunderstorm type weather. Imagine flying into the eye of a hurricane. If that's not in, I hope it's something they would add.

I think my 9900k @ 5ghz and 2080ti should be able to handle a mix of high and ultra in the 1800p range for 60fps, judging by the video. One question: DLSS when?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. Sitting back with this and exploring the world is gonna be so chill. I feel like I need to make myself a list of all the places I want to fly over and explore as a little personal project. I could also see them adding some achievements that really encourage this sort of thing, like landing at all the major airports, visiting the wonders of the world, etc.

Stuff like the real world and real time weather and real time air traffic is mind blowing to me. Like, what if there is a major hurricane? Would that show up in the game? Or would it be limited to generic thunderstorm type weather. Imagine flying into the eye of a hurricane. If that's not in, I hope it's something they would add.

I think my 9900k @ 5ghz and 2080ti should be able to handle a mix of high and ultra in the 1800p range for 60fps, judging by the video. One question: DLSS when?
I would recommend to fly over the amazon rain forest. In real time. Then you realize how big it is.

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
The problem is that fidelity comes with a price, literally. You don't even get all the detailed airports if you don't buy the most expensive edition.

Sure this game is made to be a platform that get's extended by paid addons over time but that surely raised an eyebrow with me.
You obviously have never bought a flight sim before. The paid addons is the lifeblood of all Flight Sims over the last 30 years or so.

DoctorDake

Development Director
Verified
Mar 28, 2018
Austin, TX
The problem is that fidelity comes with a price, literally. You don't even get all the detailed airports if you don't buy the most expensive edition.

Sure this game is made to be a platform that get's extended by paid addons over time but that surely raised an eyebrow with me.
I don't want to sound flippant here, but like...Earth is really mindbogglingly huge. Previous Flight Sims got around that by just...not rendering most of it in detail or 'making shit up' in various areas. What they're trying to do here is fill in the gaps where they can.

I have some friends who are hardcore into FSX, and they've spend hundreds of dollars to get the level of detail and fidelity included in the base game here. I suspect that the baked-in Marketplace will enable even greater worldwide coverage, but yeah, all that work comes at a cost. If you want hand-crafted airports and terrain, someone needs to take the time to build that, and we have a huge flippin planet's worth of stuff to render.

That said...given that they're still all-in with Mod support, I don't think it'll be long before we find some free versions of airport detail that you can use instead of buying them outright.

TheAdmiester

Mar 1, 2018
This is hands down the single most impressive looking out of any next-gen game. The cloud tech is absolutely insane, the fidelity is insane, and the fact that it does all of this with real-time weather and plane data is mindblowing.

This is definitely the first thing I've seen that's truly next-gen.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I am so fucking pissed at MS for not even saying a word on the Xbox version, let that be XSX or One. This is a game for which I seriously considered building a PC from scratch and could totally be a system seller game for the XSX. PS5 would take a back seat if they announce this for the XSX launch.

And nothing. I know I am the 0.00001%, but I just really want to play this game.
They apparently don't even have a DX12 version of the game yet, so I doubt the Xbox version is coming anytime soon.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I wish anyone close to minimum specs got in. I'm not feeling a PC upgrade close to PS5 launch, and couldn't get in to the Alpha with 2500k/8GB/GTX 2060 (I don't know of anyone with 8GB that got in). Could upgrade my RAM but it feels like throwing money away. Plan was to play the XSX version and then upgrade my PC in 2021 but I've yet to see any XSX/MSFS news.
It would be pretty sad if the chips fall in a way where I neither get the game (until 2021) or the XSX just because the executives saw the franchise as a mostly PC thing. That would be a flashback to the X1, the next gen game I was most hyped about was Killer Instinct, just needed 1-2 must play game to come to that platform to get it (never got it, closest was X1X RDR1 BC).

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Airforceproud95 already has a video on fs2020 lol

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
This is the only next-gen game Microsoft is delivering in 2020. It has major advance not just in graphics, but also in gameplay. I still wonder why they didn't show it at the Xbox Games showcase.
Yeah, so weird. I really don't get why they didn't show it. It's stunning and included in Game Pass. Would've been an easy win.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe

I have the same CPU and GPU. Don't rush. You'll be surprised what your machine can do with fs2020.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
3700X likely won't be enough through the whole of next console gen either so with 3600 you'll just need to upgrade earlier.