• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
So pumped.

Hopefully I'll be able to pump out a solid framerate at Ultrawide resolution and a couple settings knocked down to high from ultra. Gysnc so shouldn't be an issue really.

2080ti and 3950x going to be pushed to the limits regardless.

I know they're adding RT features, unsure if they will add RTX though? If so DLSS2.0 would be a game changer for this game.

RT reflections and Shadows, combined with DLSS2.0 would make this game the most photorealistic real time rendered app we've ever seen.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Can't wait to try this in 2030 in VR with Raytracing.

This game on Xbox One, based upon the GPU scaling would be sub 720p 30. CPU wise, I can just not imagine this thing on the xbox one. I think they will silently cancel the base Xbox One release and go straight next gen here.

Either that, or they hit it with an incredibly large ugly stick. Embarassingly large.
It'll be as ugly as it needs to be.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
When looking at performance don't put too much stock in this DF broad bush. MSFS like previous versions has lots of granularity in the options. Don't be too pessimistic about your system.

Many with relatively modest systems will be able to get good iq and performance. Just using configs like Ultra, High etc won't get the best out of your machine. You'll likely find there are settings you can lower without much apparent iq change but a big performance gain.

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like this could really benefit from DLSS support. Hopefully, that will be added in at some point.

Oct 27, 2017
So it uses around 500 MB per hour when streaming in the real-world geography data. It looks like he was testing everything at the highest quality level and it still used less than streaming HD video would.

I can't wait to glide around various cities and canyons. Is there a list of which areas they have the high resolution photogrammetry data vs normal assets? Has anyone done a comparison on how different it looks?

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder how this will run on my Samsung CRG9 with a 2070 Super. I can hear my PC starting to cry already.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of simulation in this game just keeps astounding me. Even simulating live air traffic, crazy

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Dictator did you fly over your hometown/house, and how did it look? Just like the real deal? Did the buildings look "good" for what they generated?

Last edited:

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to try this in gamepass. Hope my 1070 and Ryzen 5 can handle it in 1080 lol.

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
The audacity of this game is unspeakable.

This is a game you dedicate a room in your house to.

Negotiator117

Banned
Jul 3, 2020
The sky in this game is incredible! If only they could somehow use this tech in other Microsoft Studios games, the mind boggles.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I am so fucking pissed at MS for not even saying a word on the Xbox version, let that be XSX or One. This is a game for which I seriously considered building a PC from scratch and could totally be a system seller game for the XSX. PS5 would take a back seat if they announce this for the XSX launch.

And nothing. I know I am the 0.00001%, but I just really want to play this game.

it would never have been ready in time for the Series X launch. But yeah, I'm still puzzled why they didn't show this at all during the showcase

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I need to free up some space on my hard drive and download this before August 1st (data cap comes back).

Going to put my 9900K/32GB/2080 system in a world of hurt and I can't wait!

Oct 27, 2017
When looking at performance don't put too much stock in this DF broad bush. MSFS like previous versions has lots of granularity in the options. Don't be too pessimistic about your system.

Many with relatively modest systems will be able to get good iq and performance. Just using configs like Ultra, High etc won't get the best out of your machine. You'll likely find there are settings you can lower without much apparent iq change but a big performance gain.
You're probably correct about it having the ability to scale down. It should be noted that DF mentions that they ran into CPU bottlenecks around 80 fps when trying to play at max settings so this is definitely a game that's being designed to take advantage of future hardware.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pilotwings-05.png

Based on Alex's take up there ^
Wow, the ray tracing.

Porkepik

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to play this un ultra on the 18th (i m hopeful my 2060 super can take it at 1080p, i7 9700) Will probably buy a new flight yoke to replace my 22 year old one who uses hacked drivers. Working for air traffic control and having some flight experience I can't tell how excited I am 🤯

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
This is phenomenal

Yo according to Halopedia the surface area of a Halo ring is neat equivocal to that of Canada. Get these people in with 343 and make a full Halo ring for a dlc expansion lol

Just drag and drop parts of Earth to make up all the different biomes. I'd love to see their take on a Banshee cockpit

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks amazing! I'm not into flight sims but watching Alex just fly around it seems incredibly relaxing. I may get this.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
You're probably correct about it having the ability to scale down. It should be noted that DF mentions that they ran into CPU bottlenecks around 80 fps when trying to play at max settings so this is definitely a game that's being designed to take advantage of future hardware.
Oh true. I just don't think people need to be too pessimistic about their current hardware.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I'm most interested in the ATF simulation. I know that Vatsim is officially supported, but I hope PilotEdge is also. Also I hope for ForeFlight integration and other Flight map apps that can track you in real time.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
It took a whole generation, and it's not the feature they boosted about the most, but we're finally seeing the incredible power of the cloud. :D

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is looking darn impressive! Pretty darn convincing at a landscape scale, and scales down pretty good. Sure, it is fairly obvious that local detail is not there yet but it is good down to neighbourhood level at least. That is kind of all you need in a flight sim.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
This game on Xbox One, based upon the GPU scaling would be sub 720p 30. CPU wise, I can just not imagine this thing on the xbox one. I think they will silently cancel the base Xbox One release and go straight next gen here.

Either that, or they hit it with an incredibly large ugly stick. Embarassingly large.
Even Xbox One X? I know it still gimped by the CPU, but it's substantially more powerful than the base Xbox One

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game looks crazy at its high and ultra settings.

It's incredibly demanding, but here it's definately worth it.

Very sad to hear you can't force half refreshrate with Nvidia control panel.... Is there really no way? I would like to experience it in 1440p30.

I hope DF also tests SSDs vs HDDs, since this is the first SSD recommended title!

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
I am so fucking pissed at MS for not even saying a word on the Xbox version, let that be XSX or One. This is a game for which I seriously considered building a PC from scratch and could totally be a system seller game for the XSX. PS5 would take a back seat if they announce this for the XSX launch.

And nothing. I know I am the 0.00001%, but I just really want to play this game.

I mean I want this game as well but that's a bit strong lol

I wouldn't be surprised if its revealed at the aug showing /gameacon or later in the year. It'll defo come to series x

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Simply stunning to look at. Personally, they should can the Xbox One version and make it PC/Series X exclusive. If they could have it as a Series X launch title, all the better. People wanted a title to show off nextgen tech, this is it.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
This game looks crazy at its high and ultra settings.

It's incredibly demanding, but here it's definately worth it.

Very sad to hear you can't force half refreshrate with Nvidia control panel.... Is there really no way? I would like to experience it in 1440p30.

I hope DF also tests SSDs vs HDDs, since this is the first SSD recommended title!
I could not do half refresh rate due to the specific encrypted .exe and locked out admin settings in the beta version of the game on the ms store. It will be perfectly possible in the final release and the steam release.