• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that this video exists because I was able to get my proper settings in order for my 2080 Ti, even if I'm on a lowly Ryzen 3950X CPU.

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Dictator
I wish you would have utilized the Developer Overlay to compare the VRAM usage. RTSS and similar tools show the VRAM Allocation, which is not a very useful number.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Dictator
I wish you would have utilized the Developer Overlay to compare the VRAM usage. RTSS and similar tools show the VRAM Allocation, which is not a very useful number.
Only learned about the existence of dev Stuff in thsi game after the vid Was produced - but in the end here I did not report on the Total RAM allocated, rsther the difference between them (500mb) and which GPUs had no Problem at Ultra at which res.

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Only learned about the existence of dev Stuff in thsi game after the vid Was produced - but in the end here I did not report on the Total RAM allocated, rsther the difference between them (500mb) and which GPUs had no Problem at Ultra at which res.
Hey no worries, it was a tucked away setting, it was a really good video btw, I went and looked at my settings, and I kid you not I had them the exact same setup as your recommendation, all high except af and texture settings maxed! I can't imagine how long it took you to test them one by one!

Unrelated to FS2020, but important to PC gaming, Kaldaien, the developer of Special K, has expressed great interest in getting a hold of yall for an article or collaboration of some sort with DF, in regards to frame pacing. The frame limiter he has developed is miles beyond what RTSS is capable of, and even Nvidia's own frame limiter.

Here is an example of the magic he worked in Horizon Zero Dawn, which I know you covered in your fantastic video on that, how the game had unbeatable stuttering.

Untitled-9-3.jpg

Untitled-10-3.jpg

You guys have incredible reach, and I think it would be really good for the pc gaming community to get information on what they can do to be able to mitigate some of these problems, and even get developers thinking about this sort of thing too.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Hey no worries, it was a tucked away setting, it was a really good video btw, I went and looked at my settings, and I kid you not I had them the exact same setup as your recommendation, all high except af and texture settings maxed! I can't imagine how long it took you to test them one by one!

Unrelated to FS2020, but important to PC gaming, Kaldaien, the developer of Special K, has expressed great interest in getting a hold of yall for an article or collaboration of some sort with DF, in regards to frame pacing. The frame limiter he has developed is miles beyond what RTSS is capable of, and even Nvidia's own frame limiter.

Here is an example of the magic he worked in Horizon Zero Dawn, which I know you covered in your fantastic video on that, how the game had unbeatable stuttering.

Untitled-9-3.jpg

Untitled-10-3.jpg

You guys have incredible reach, and I think it would be really good for the pc gaming community to get information on what they can do to be able to mitigate some of these problems, and even get developers thinking about this sort of thing too.
I did actually send kaldaien an Email - so if you can reach him, Tell him to get back to me!!!

Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
9900k/2080. Not getting 60 fps on high settings at 1440p...maybe something is off with my settings, but it's on "high end" with no changes otherwise.

HZD performance issues are mostly ironed out now, aren't they? I played briefly tonight, and was getting a smooth 70-80 fps with Ultra settings at 1440p.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Music was beautiful. I can imagine soaring the skies looking down upon the Indian Ocean taking in the splendor of white sand beaches and coral formations.