• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Playing on a Series X with a VRR TV (LG CX), I'm actually very pleased with performance so far. Runs quite smooth and am yet to notice any visible slowdown.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
One day, From Software will dedicate a part of their team to fixing the technical side of their games. One day.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I'm considering going with the G1 because that'll for sure give me the brighter panel. I can find C1s at Best Buy right now for $1300 and G1s for $1600, Now to decide if I'm gonna actually pull the trigger and buy one hahaha
Have a long think about it! Also decide whether the G1 is really worth it to you, from what I can see it has a ever so slightly brighter screen but it's pretty minor all things considered

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
It's pretty sad seeing people drive themselves insane worrying about how to squeeze another 5-10 fps out of this game, as if that's going to destroy all potential for enjoyment.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
i feel I deserve an apology lol.

I was speaking against this practice of releasing games with generalized issues and requiring day 1 patches in the other thread, and how it's just generally not good form. I was having my ass handed to me by many there for being unrealistic...

Well, now the day 1 patch didnt even fix the performance issues (nor did it fix the IQ issues in HFW), to the point that people are even talking about holding off till a patch is released that fixes them lol. Oh... and VRR.

I saw plenty of posters saying on that other thread, "just watch the streamer with a 6K PC play it and it's fine".

Obviously not caring that not everyone is going to play on a very expensive PC.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
XSX with VRR.

If you're an owner of a VRR capable set then this will probably be the way to go.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

ARdgx

Banned
Jul 6, 2021
Washington
User Banned (1 Day): Platform Warring
I'm amazed by every game that runs better on PS5 after all the 12 TF bragging by MS and the unreasonable claims of power advantage by MS fans.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
From needs to sort out the technical side of things with their games real bad. They've proven their gameplay and design prowess time and time again but performance wise they've struggled way too often.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
If the fps is unstable most of the time, I'll send back my PS5 version and get the XSX version to take advantage of VRR.

If it only drops under certain circumstances, it's not as big of a deal. I'll wait for DF video.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
This is from the Network Test back in November. But it seems little has changed.
It does make you wonder why there was a request to wait for the day 1 patch at all. I guess they likely felt the issues people would be concerned about weren't related to the frame rate, or maybe they had ambitions for the performance that weren't realized. Either way, I'm not sure I have a ton of hope this stuff will be ironed out. VRR is a bandaid, not s solution.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Puh. So glad I have a Series X to play it with my VRR display. Those framerate stutters would be a dealbreaker for me.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
I think you're thinking of VRS..

VRR should not affect the graphics of games, and games don't need patches to support it. It's a feature of HDMI 2.1 that allows supporting TVs to change their frame rates to match the output from the console to remove screen tearing.

You're confusing VRS with VRR. VRR has been smoothing out rough framerates since the X was released. Pretty much every newer Ubisoft game has some framerate or tearing issues on Series X, but VRR masks all of it.
Oh my bad. I have a CX. How do I activate it and is there any tradeoff?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing the XSX version and it's…eh. Definitely takes a noticeable hit for me once so opened the door to the open world. Unfortunately don't have VRR but it should smooth this out a lot.

I'm curious how the ps4 version on ps5 load times compare.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If I can play Bloodborne with its terrible frame pacing, I am sure the XSX version will be fine for me.

shorodei

Feb 21, 2022
Anyone have details on PS4 vs PS5 load times? The digital foundry network test video only compares PS5 generation consoles.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Yes, my happy face gave it away /s
My comment must have hit home, sorry.

Again no need to be upset someone is playing on whatever console they want to play.

I'm amazed by every game that runs better on PS5 after all the 12 TF bragging by MS and the unreasonable claims of power advantage by MS fans.

First of all there is not much of a difference between these consoles and second of all - From Soft games are the last games you should be looking at to take advantage of any hardware. These games are not indicative of power or hardware bottlenecks. They are just poorly optimized.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I'll still play it on PS5. If it bothers me too much I'll play the PS4 version. Main reason I don't want to play it on Xbox Series X is that I want all From's games in one place and I've got them all on Sony's ecosystem.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I must be too much of a Fromsoftware fanboy because there's no way I'd let these framerates keep me from playing this game as soon as possible (I'm on PS5 and XSX). Of course I'd prefer a perfect 60fps, but I've enjoyed all their games with much worse.

Koyaannis

May 5, 2021
I don't know how some of you were able to play Bloodborne if 45fps bother you.

Constant 60fps would be great, but that's hardly gamebreaking. We are not talking 15fps here.

Oct 14, 2019
Playing on PS5 the last few hours (performance mode). Lots of hitching, isn't great to be honest.

It's fine inside dungeons or faces, but in the open world it's really starting to give me a headache with the variable frame rate.

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
The vanishing of Ethan carter is a good one as it has an unlocked frame rate and let's you choose resolution to cause it to melt down.
The start of the game is also in a forest, which is also a little hard work for it.
Cool. I'll check it out this afternoon. Thanks for the recommendation.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
As expected FromSoftware continues to struggle to deliver stable frame rate on consoles, regardless of type or mode, and made a terrible PC port (No UltraWide, FPS cap, Performance Issues, Limited Settings, ect...)

Looking forward to patches to hopefully fix some of these things, and maybe even some community tweaks on PC

shorodei

Feb 21, 2022

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
I'll still play it on PS5. If it bothers me too much I'll play the PS4 version. Main reason I don't want to play it on Xbox Series X is that I want all From's games in one place and I've got them all on Sony's ecosystem.

So if I get a PS5 disc can I put it on PS5 and downgrade to ps4 version? How would that work?

Sep 21, 2019
What's the resolution on X Series X in performance mode? Might just buy a fucking series X for this and then sell it.

And I have a PS5 and PC with 3090.

I hate micro stutter. It drives me nuts.

One of the best games of all time and the tech is this fucked?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Unacceptable performance on every platform as far as I'm concerned. Can't stand shader compilation stutters, or unlocked framerates. Pushed, it's either PS4 Pro version on PS5, or XSX with VRR. But I'm in no rush, got plenty to play already and will wait a couple of months for further patches and then revisit which platform is best at that time. I'd rather wait and play this masterpiece the best way possible.

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
i feel I deserve an apology lol.

I was speaking against this practice of releasing games with generalized issues and requiring day 1 patches in the other thread, and how it's just generally not good form. I was having my ass handed to me by many there for being unrealistic...

Well, now the day 1 patch didnt even fix the performance issues (nor did it fix the IQ issues in HFW), to the point that people are even talking about holding off till a patch is released that fixes them lol. Oh... and VRR.
I'm sorry :(

empo

Jan 27, 2018
getting DF to wait until the patch (that seemed to do barely anything) so they probably won't have a video out before launch is an absolute win for from and bamco

like lmao if ps5/xsx perf is the same as the network test why did this performance patch come out less than a day before the game?

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
At least that sounds better than the old days, I own both the Xbox and PlayStation but I will play Tomb Raider on my PlayStation because that's where the franchise feels more natural :)

I kinda get that...I associate some series (Resident Evil, DMC, Souls games, etc...) with Playstation and it feels weird to play them on Xbox as silly as that sounds. Kinda leaning towards the XSX for this one though as it's hard to ignore the potential benefit that VRR has.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have details on PS4 vs PS5 load times? The digital foundry network test video only compares PS5 generation consoles.
There is a whole separate video for the PS4 and Xbox One versions. The load times vary but start up is about 20 seconds compared to 6 seconds on PS5. They did not test the PS4 version running on PS5 so that could certainly shorten the gap.