• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
The Elden Ring CE should've just come with a VRR TV in the box, problem solved.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
DualSense Support, loading times and PS4->PS5 save game transfer infos are needed for final decision if I start with PS4 or PS5 version…
This, plus what are the graphical enhancements? Is the PS5 version significantly better looking than the PS4 version?

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
As someone ignorant about how it works, why did PS5 not have VRR from the start and why after over a year since launch does it still not have it? I assume it's not as simple as a firmware update?

Nrober

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
I will pass on the game for now. I'm sure it's great, but I'd rather experience it in its full glory,e with a consistent frame rate, in the future.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
How was this not a factor in reviews, either via a reduction in score or worded in the the review itself? There is this weird acceptance in the media and from From Soft fans that terrible performance is part and parcel of what you can expect and it's incredibly odd to me as someone who's not really a fan.

When do you remember the last time any game got seriously knocked for performance outside super extreme examples like Cyberpunk, which was fundamentally broken on current gen consoles? It's just not something that most critics care about for whatever reason. Outside sites like DF, that specializes in this kind of analysis, almost no one really goes into that kind of stuff

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
You know... if the worst stutters are just due to shader caching the first time, and then just when loading new areas (without a loading screen), then I expected much worse from the PC version. I've certainly already dealt with worse.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice one - thanks! PS4 version it is then.

Fuck, sorry, I was mistaken.

I don't think that's right unless I'm missing something.
The PS5 version of Horizon Physical doesn't offer the PS4 version for example.

Only if you buy PS5 digitally do you typically get both versions regardless (or buy the PS4 version and redeem the PS5 upgrade on the store page).
Wait, you can? I never knew that.

Sorry about that. Edited my post. You can't. I had the PS4 version of Tales of Arise and got mixed up coz I had both downloaded

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Will play on PC with Gsync regardless. They dont mention crashes (I think), but not sure if DF even mentions such things.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
As someone ignorant about how it works, why did PS5 not have VRR from the start and why after over a year since launch does it still not have it? I assume it's not as simple as a firmware update?
It is that simple. Sony corp doesn't want VRR in the PS5 until their TVs get VRR or some bullshit.

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Recommended to play the PS4 version on your PS5, lmao.

Lmao.

crying-black-guy-meme.gif

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Because Sony TV were not supporting it for a long time. easy simple answer.
Its kinda crazy. As Xbox has VRR support since 2016 when the One S released.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Blown away this game got the kid gloves for the reviews with such awful performance in all 3 versions of the game. PC version seems broken.

Shit is crazy and completely kills my hype for the game.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone actually excusing it or handwaving the issue away? I'm grateful I have a VRR TV but they should not be relying on that, I think everyone basically agrees with that.
It seems, to me, as though because people have access to VRR displays, it's not being made out to be as big a deal as it is.

Hand waving was probably the wrong word to use.

Otheradam

Shinra Employee
Nov 1, 2017
Kind of a bummer they can't sort this stuff out before launch, especially the stuff on pc. Sounds like they developed for consoles and then ported to pc. Is that why these games are always "locked" at 60fps on pc? It makes no sense.

horsemama1956

Jun 22, 2020
On one hand it sucks next gen and PC are having issues but on the other performance doesn't seem nearly as bad as say Bloodborne.

Hopefully they can atleast shore up the next gen console versions quickly.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
97 Metacritic for a near broken PC version. Yay!

Thanks FROM, Praise the s………urgh

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Already got the PS4 version downloaded and ready for smooth 60fps

Denser grass and cleaner pixels won't make a damn bit of difference to me if im chugging during combat

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
This game must be goat caliber for reviewers to ignore it

Cant wait

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Someone pay Durante and Kaldaien , send the Bat signals. It's Prepare to Die dire times, I hope the PC community can help stabilize the game!

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I'll stick to the PS5 version, I played Bloodborne on release day with those long ass load times nothing can harm me anymore

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Might as well go with Quality mode on PS5 then

Really wish FromSoft got better at the technical side of development.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how inept and technically terrible From is. This continues to happen with EVERY game they make and we fans continue to give them a pass.

All the people playing defense force as if "that was in the past" have a lot of crow to eat now. Their games have always been technically janky, carried by everything else around it. I remember being mocked saying the PC requirements showed that they needed more technical support for optimization, and yet...that's precisely the situation we're in now. It's frankly unacceptable.

Really thinking because I am slightly under the minimum specs (i5-3570k and a GTX 970) that I should be expecting 15fps everywhere no matter my settings, given the nature of this port. It's absolutely inexcusable if you have the highest specs purchasable and you still get performance woes, and yet this is exactly the state of the game.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I don't have VRR on my TV and I own a Series X so if I'm understanding this correctly the Series X "Performance" mode hovers around 49 FPS average compared to PS5's Performance mode being a nearly solid 56-60 FPS? Thats kind of a large gap. Last time I saw this sort of disparity in performance on a multiplatform game was Assassins Creed Valhalla. Thankfully they patched that.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I cannot believe some people are seriously considering playing the PS4 version of this game (with 10x slower load times, lower picture quality, no dualsense support etc.) over the PS5 version just because framerate can drop down to a minimum of 45fps (which is already better than any FromSoft game released ever) ...

Because a frame rate hovering at around 55 fps on a display without VRR means that the frametime is changing between 16 ms and 33 mm (or 60 fps and 30 fps) CONSTANTLY. When turning the camera, it will stutter ALL THE TIME.
Of course it is better than Bloodborne, but it still sucks when coming from Demon's Souls Remake…

It just is disappointing as fuck when you consider that some design choices like a slightly reduced fidelity or a 40 fps mode at 120 hz could have meant a perfect motion.

Jonatron

Apr 22, 2020
Got the XSX version and will be playing on a C1 with VRR.

Do I play this in performance or quality?