• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017

Related article: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-crysis-remastered-crytek-studio-tour

First of all, on Xbox One X at least, the game ships with three display modes. The default is a dynamic 4K presentation with enhanced settings at 30fps (yes, with properly implemented frame-pacing) but there's also a 1080p performance mode which essentially drops settings to the base console equivalents and unlocks the frame-rate, running at up to 60fps.

But there's more. Crytek has announced that its software-based ray tracing solution is coming to the enhanced consoles - PS4 Pro and Xbox One X - and while we've been sceptical about its chances based on the performance of the same tech in the firm's Neon Noir demo, we've seen it and it does work to often spectacular effect in the new Crysis game. Not only that, the performance is good. We'll have more to share on that very soon, but the big takeaway from our visit is that Crysis Remastered is shaping up to be something that's well worth the wait. The game's abrupt delay and the last minute pull of its reveal trailer left us with concerns, but the final product is shaping up very nicely and we're really looking forward to going deeper with launch code on all systems.

More videos and articles to follow!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Rumour has it. That Alex is still there and hid himself with a special copy of Crysis.

Oct 27, 2017
EdiK6NcXYAAaFM_.jpg

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
LOL, pilgrimage. This will be an interesting watch :).
Curious if that 1080p performance mode can maintain 60fps.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
watching it now. never seen Alex this happy.

the game looks pretty rough. i expected it to look current gen.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Alex and John so excited put a huge smile on my face. Their enthusiasm is so infectious.

Still want to know if this is going to support HDR and next-gen, just really take this over the top.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i'm sure i'll buy this on one x for like 40th time, even though i dont even really like the game. just the technical aspects. would also consider buying a switch just to buy switch version and be amazed at crysis on a handheld.

but yeah the game itself is ok at best.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it will come with DLSS 2.1 on PC.
(still watching the video)

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
<3
Still not looking that hot in those videos. Kinda flat and blurry.
To be clear just so people get an understanding of the footage - debug build. That means it runs slower.
software based ray tracing on the Pro and X ?

holy shit ..
Yeah and all the footage in this video from the debug build should be the xbox one x in ray tracing mode. So I recommend keeping your expectations in check there regarding resolution or performance of that specific mode. It is... ray tracing on xbox one x after all.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Surely they won't be putting this much effort into the remaster if there wasn't a PS5/XBSX version coming along soon as well.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Based on personal experience myself, it's always a thrill to visit the studio of your shrines, glad you got to experience such a thing yourself.

For the Crysis Remaster, I may need to make an exemption with EGS when it does release. The comment of doing right is why I'm considering a change.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Such a great video. Seeing how legit happy Alex was is awesome. Really nice video I love their passion about games.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Anybody know how crytek is doing as a company right now?
I remember them going though some hard times a few years back.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah and all the footage in this video from the debug build should be the xbox one x in ray tracing mode. So I recommend keeping your expectations in check there regarding resolution or performance of that specific mode. It is... ray tracing on xbox one x after all.
How many modes will there be?

Resolution, Performance, Raytracing?

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dictator did you talk English or German when doing the interview? Did you say "bye" or your "auf Wiedersehen"? 🤔😉
Also that was a cool video, that was great to watch.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing that Crytek sort of interviewed them for things to look into making sure are included is really cool.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Someone pointed this out in the previous comparison video, but the foliage again seems to be static in those xbox previews. Really weird

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great video, but I have to ask.. no masks? Sharing an elevator with no mask, regardless of distancing, is futile.
And despite social distancing being mentioned, none of that shows on the video.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Lovely conclusion to the Crysis arc. I look forward to the serialised TV sequel to Digital Foundry: Road Trip (2020), where Dictator has leased the building adjacent to Crytek and shenanigans ensue.

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Awesome video, had a smile on my face for most of it.

Digital Foundry seem to be knocking it out the park at the moment, every video is great.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Such a great video, it's awesome to see a bit of the inner workings of Crytek. Also raytracing on current gen?!?!?! wether or not that makes it to the final release it's still really interesting regardless.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Great video. I can appreciate Alex being hyped.

I don't know about the game though. I guess it looks better, but also looks about the same.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I'm picturing John driving with his head tilted like that the whole trip for the GoPro on his head to fit under the car's roof