• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Summary:
-PC has an obvious advantage with high framerate, ultra wide and ray tracing support.
-Out the consoles PS4 Pro has the most stable performance followed by XBX, base PS4 and Xbox One S
Do you think PC players are too OP Era? Should Infinity Ward nerf them? :p

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Pretty similar to single player mode performance

-PC up to 120FPS 4K
-Xbone dynamic 4k worse performance than PS4 Pro. In the 50s
-PS4 Pro 2k best performance 50-60. Mid 50s. Seems like the pro version is what devs might have focused on most.
-PS4 base second to worst or tied with xbone x on fps performance. 1080p dynamic. 50s average?
-Xbone base has the worst performance. 45-60fps with 900p dynamic resolution and screen tearing

Crossplay with PC, xbone, and PS4.
The consoles have a keyboard and mouse option but it only make you match up with others who have that controller style.

fersnake

Nov 17, 2017
Guatemala
in theory xbox one x is more powerfull (gpu) but that bad cpu is holding it back, that's why im so glad the next consoles finally have a nice cpu.

Dec 11, 2017
in theory xbox one x is more powerfull (gpu) but that bad cpu is holding it back, that's why im so glad the next consoles finally have a nice cpu.
I expect Scarlett to make this game a locked 60fps, similar to how the Xbox One cleaned up the irregular framerates of a bunch of Xbox 360 games. Then again maybe a few patches will improve things too.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Surprised at the Xbox One X result. I'm playing on PS4 Pro and based on my previous ownership of the X, I would've easily expected at least matched performance.

It feels like One X having just slight performance quirks is happening somewhat regularly during 2019. Developers don't seem to optimize as aggressively on the X. :( Feel like I've been noticing since Rage 2 came out, where I vaguely recall PS4 Pro kind of taking a raw performance lead there, too.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Can't believe Activision would do this to Microsoft. Clearly bad blood between them since they preferred Microsoft's exclusivity deal to the one they have with Sony.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I was just going to say the exact opposite. I guess mouse is better than controller for FPS.
I'm using gamepad so I can match with console players.

I want to use mouse but I know deep down the pc community is gonna eventually leave this game so I double-downed on using the controller lol

Do they mention constant PC hitches that fuck you over repeatedly

I get this shit too, it's aggravating. Not sure if it's my pc or something else.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't matter, if you play with mouse on PC you only get matched with other people that play with a mouse. You only get matched with controller players if you also use a controller.
I dont think that's right, at least in my experience. I'm playing strictly with m/kb on pc and I've been put into cross play lobbies quite a bit. Hell the last game I played I was the only pc player.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think that's right, at least in my experience. I'm playing strictly with m/kb on pc and I've been put into cross play lobbies quite a bit. Hell the last game I played I was the only pc player.
This is why I have this shit turned off, on top of what DF is saying. Like I said in OT, no way I'm playing against people with ultrawide monitor or 105 FoV (or both) running at 120hz no matter how small their number is.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
PC's advantage comes out on sniper favoured maps, otherwise there isn't too much of a difference, you die so quickly in COD.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Crazy that the cheaper ps4 Pro has the best console performance. That's where I'll be playing but waiting for a sale.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
So what influences the number of games that occasionally tear and have more inconsistent framerates on X1X? Is this a design/quality assurance philosophy imposed by Microsoft or is it SDK related? Tearing specifically has never seemed as prominent on the Sony side this gen, pro or vanilla.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I have noticed that I am far better at this game online than previous CoD games. I thought maybe I was just adjusting to it and gaining skill, but I really do think it's because I'm on PC and a lot of players in my matches are on console. I didn't perform this well in BO4 on PC. I feel like I'm getting easy kills due to quicker reaction times with a mouse and keyboard versus half of the lobby being on a controller.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
I have noticed that I am far better at this game online than previous CoD games. I thought maybe I was just adjusting to it and gaining skill, but I really do think it's because I'm on PC and a lot of players in my matches are on console. I didn't perform this well in BO4 on PC. I feel like I'm getting easy kills due to quicker reaction times with a mouse and keyboard versus half of the lobby being on a controller.

Supposedly kb/mouse players are only paired against other kb/mouse players.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
if they are using the massive laughable casual mode aim assist, then ok. If not, you need to improve, my dude :)
Why wouldn't they be using AA?
And yea controller players are sort of dominating in this game if they are good, saw a 2v2 tournament where Shroud and others got bodied by controller players.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Can safely say that it's not the case. I play on PC alone, using M&KB, and get matched with either all M&KB, a mix of everything, and rarely I'm only M&KB in the lobby. It is predominantly M&KB I'm matched with however.

Do you mean you're paired with non-PC players? If you're using M&KB and you see console players they should also be using M&KB. Or at least that's what's advertised and reported by the press.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
I have said this before, but X1X should never lose out on performance - improper dev priority there IMO.

considering the state of the X version with the crashes, it's pretty clear to me that the Xbox version didn't get the "A" team working on it.

hey Phil spencer, this is why it's important to get those marketing deals.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Can safely say that it's not the case. I play on PC alone, using M&KB, and get matched with either all M&KB, a mix of everything, and rarely I'm only M&KB in the lobby. It is predominantly M&KB I'm matched with however.
Does it tell you the input device they're using?

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I wish consoles could get an FOV slider. It's not terrible but I'd kill for 95+.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I picked this up for X and I've been disappointed with the screen tearing and frame drops in MP. The image clarity is excellent, however.

Target is having their Buy 2 Get 1 sale, so, I picked up MW for my Pro, and if any X owners are on the fence about making the switch, I recommend going for it. Game supports cross saves, so all my progress on X was immediately available on Pro (you need to have your Activision account linked for this to happen), and the smoother performance and lack of screen tearing has absolutely been worth it. It is blurrier, which sucks, but after a few minutes my eyes got used to it, while I never got used to the screen tearing.

TRios Zen

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like the issue here is a lack of optimization on the X, not a lack of capability by the system.

I had put off buying this given Outer Worlds and feel like I made the right choice; I can miss out this year on COD or re-consider if they patch in better performance.