• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Probably the most important advancement in the gameplay side of things will be the increase in player size per game according to store page:

"Network Players 2-20 - Full game requires PlayStation®Plus membership to access online multiplayer "

Since rumors already suggested that guns will have more recoil and gameplay will be more tactical, 8v8 should be the new standard and 10v10 is the new Ground War.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Probably the most important advancement in the gameplay side of things will be the increase in player size per game according to store page:

"Network Players 2-20 - Full game requires PlayStation®Plus membership to access online multiplayer "

Since rumors already suggested that guns will have more recoil and gameplay will be more tactical, 8v8 should be the new standard and 10v10 is the new Ground War.
They mention the ability to make larger maps. 10v10 ground war makes sense to me

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks phenomenal. Really excited to see it for myself. I hope this new engine finally fixes the issue where the gamma is always off and slightly washed out.

Also hoping the motion blur in the trailer is intact in the actual game. CoD trailers always add it in but it's never present in actual gameplay outside of some scripted moments or cutscenes. I know the CoD community hates it but let us have a toggle or just put it in campaign.

Dec 26, 2017
Firelink Shrine
Not really afaik. Most Tier 1 units use the GPNVG-18 which (in an altered form) is being used in the trailer. Thing is heavy as hell but the increased FOV is a great trade off. There might be some secret testing among Tier 1 units but I doubt that night vision goggles with color are the standard (yet).
you're correct, colorized NV goggles are not standard issue.

source - asked my Delta Force friend.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
There's...no gameplay footage in the trailer?

Spoiler, you don't play COD from 3rd person

Dec 26, 2017
Firelink Shrine
Game looks phenomenal. Really excited to see it for myself. I hope this new engine finally fixes the issue where the gamma is always off and slightly washed out.

Also hoping the motion blur in the trailer is intact in the actual game. CoD trailers always add it in but it's never present in actual gameplay outside of some scripted moments or cutscenes. I know the CoD community hates it but let us have a toggle or just put it in campaign.
iirc Infinite Warfare had a motion blur toggle in game.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It looks really impressive, and it won't have a season pass so that's a huge plus for me, not splitting the community will increase the longevity of the game.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont believe the game is gonna look like that (on current consoles) until the real gameplay footage is out.
Its way too crisp and too good quality image to combine with pretty stable 60fps.
Just nop, nop, nop.
This sounded more like AD or hype to sell more CoD.

If anything it could be 100% cinematic cutscenes "ingame".

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont believe the game is gonna look like that (on current consoles) until the real gameplay footage is out.
Its way too crisp and too good quality image to combine with pretty stable 60fps.
Just nop, nop, nop.
This sounded more like AD or hype to sell more CoD.

If anything it could be 100% cinematic cutscenes "ingame".

i dont know after what read dead did at 4k on xbx (30 fps open world) i think this can be achieved at 60fps

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Great analysis as always by Richard. Comparing the CoD4 Remaster/Remake to Modern Warfare makes you think these games are a generation apart. At least when it comes to visuals Activision doesn't have to worry for quite some time. This almost could've went through as PS5 footage minus raytracing I guess.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No and no.

So whenever they shit on a game's frame rate or frame time, that's real? Is this your first analysis you've seen of theirs?

Nop, but I dont believe for a second that when this cod comes out it will look 100% like this on ps4 pro.
There will be downgrades or something.
Give me any other game that looks this perfect, there is nothing bad in this trailer, no shimmer, no aliasing, 100% perfect animations, crispy textures, no pop-in, nice fog, effects and lighting. And on top of that 60fps?
If it was for ps5 then sure I would believe that but not for ps4 pro.