• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
All this Ace Combat talk reminded of a game I loved on the Mega Drive called F22 Interceptor. I should try to give AC7 a go for something different. Back in the day I had so many different games.

Hopefully the devs can make an AC8 on the new hardware.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
All this Ace Combat talk reminded of a game I loved on the Mega Drive called F22 Interceptor. I should try to give AC7 a go for something different. Back in the day I had so many different games.

Hopefully the devs can make an AC8 on the new hardware.
And now you got me thinking about F/A 18 Interceptor on the Amiga. It was really something else at the time and the sound was amazing, I especially liked how there was a thud and shake when you broke the sound barrier. Unrivalled for a long time for me.

Nov 8, 2017
I really wanted to love AC7 based on my obsession with AC5 to Zero. Good game but ultimately disappointed me due to:

1. Those godawful
IFF
missions
2. It's almost never worth it flying A2G because halfway through a mission your bulky bomber will need to dogfight an interceptor.
3. MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE
4. Wind and visibility are not actually fun gameplay mechanics. Looks great but a pain in the ass to play.

It was damn close though and if AC8 addresses these problems I'll buy it day 1.