• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I've been looking for other digital painting options on my IPAD Pro after using pretty much only Procreate for years. After some testing I think I'm going to stick with Artstudio Pro for now. I enjoy how the wet brushes feel and the layer and recording options seem more robust and higher quality.

I also checked out Clip Studio Paint Pro for a while, but it's basically photoshop. I like painting on the IPAD to be a bit more simplified. Clip Studio Paint Pro basically requires me to connect a keyboard to use it properly plus I already use photoshop daily for work so didn't quite match what I was looking for.

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I've been looking for other digital painting options on my IPAD Pro after using pretty much only Procreate for years. After some testing I think I'm going to stick with Artstudio Pro for now. I enjoy how the wet brushes feel and the layer and recording options seem more robust and higher quality.

I also checked out Clip Studio Paint Pro for a while, but it's basically photoshop. I like painting on the IPAD to be a bit more simplified. Clip Studio Paint Pro basically requires me to connect a keyboard to use it properly plus I already use photoshop daily for work so didn't quite match what I was looking for.
Yes. CSP without at least a BT or wireless device for KB shortcut is ROUGH... I use Wacom Expresskey Remote with CSP. A must.

You might also want to check out Infinite Painter (or just "Painter" now). It's on Android and iPadOS. I heard lots of painters praise it on youtube.

www.youtube.com

Why Isn't EVERYONE Talking About This App?!

The app discussed in the video is INFINITE PAINTER for the iPad Pro (it's also available for Android - in fact, it was originally designed for the Android) S...

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Yes. CSP without at least a BT or wireless device for KB shortcut is ROUGH... I use Wacom Expresskey Remote with CSP. A must.

You might also want to check out Infinite Painter (or just "Painter" now). It's on Android and iPadOS. I heard lots of painters praise it on youtube.

www.youtube.com

Why Isn't EVERYONE Talking About This App?!

The app discussed in the video is INFINITE PAINTER for the iPad Pro (it's also available for Android - in fact, it was originally designed for the Android) S...
Downloading this now to play with tonight. This looks like it has a good chance of taking over Artstudio Pro for sure. I had to edit the brushes there a lot to get brush angles to feel somewhat ok (still far from perfect) and the defaults in this look pretty amazing. Thanks for the rec!

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Downloading this now to play with tonight. This looks like it has a good chance of taking over Artstudio Pro for sure. I had to edit the brushes there a lot to get brush angles to feel somewhat ok (still far from perfect) and the defaults in this look pretty amazing. Thanks for the rec!
My pleasure. Even on my old ass Chrome OS tablet with potato like RK3399. it's pretty cool to use. On iPad Pro it should fly...

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London

Is Huion worth considering?

I can't believe Wacom has the balls to sell 13.3" UD series pen display without multi touch for $400...

Wait... I can believe it. lolol
[edited crucial typo]
I'll probably suggest to her the Huion for a pen display and maybe the One by Wacom for a pen tablet. The latter is somewhat barebones, but it's £40 and could be a good starting point.

Also out of curiosity what gloves do you guys use? I have a SmudgeGuard, but I still get sweat/smudges on my Cintiq and it drives me nuts.

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I'll probably suggest to her the Huion for a pen display and maybe the One by Wacom for a pen tablet. The latter is somewhat barebones, but it's £40 and could be a good starting point.

Also out of curiosity what gloves do you guys use? I have a SmudgeGuard, but I still get sweat/smudges on my Cintiq and it drives me nuts.
I just use a towel under arm on really hot days but I prefer drawing on my Notebook 9 Pro to my DTK-2100 CIntiq due to those hot ass florescent lamps it uses.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to decide if I should just upgrade my graphics tablet to a pen monitor or go for that Flex 5 Lenovo just put out. The Lenovo would actually be almost triple the CPU power of my current desktop according to passmark, and it'd be really nice to just be able to take it wherever, especially considering I don't currently have a laptop. But I'm hearing the screen is Not Great ™, and it's about 200-300 dollars more than the 13 inch XP-Pen/Huion/Wacom displays I'm looking at, which apparently have much better screens.

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Trying to decide if I should just upgrade my graphics tablet to a pen monitor or go for that Flex 5 Lenovo just put out. The Lenovo would actually be almost triple the CPU power of my current desktop according to passmark, and it'd be really nice to just be able to take it wherever, especially considering I don't currently have a laptop. But I'm hearing the screen is Not Great ™, and it's about 200-300 dollars more than the 13 inch XP-Pen/Huion/Wacom displays I'm looking at, which apparently have much better screens.
Whats your current cpu?

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I can't believe Wacom has the balls to sell 13.3" UD series pen display without multi touch for $400...

Wait... I can believe it. lolol
[edited crucial typo]
When I got my Cintiq Companion Hybrid (which they abandoned pretty much, now I'm only using it connected to pc lol) I never thought I'd see the day I can get a 13" screen tablet (albeit a very low end one) for the price of an Intuos, a progress I guess :P

Still wishing they'd make a 2560x1440 resolution 16" or 22" cintiq. Been kinda wanting to change from my Hybrid lol

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
For something like CSP, i5-4440 is still pretty good. CSP is mostly single threaded and clockspeed driven. You should decide on Flex 5 or not based on whther you'd like to be mobile or not. Desktop it-4440 + Wacom One/Huion Kamvas 13 will tether you to your table and AC outlet.

What's the best software for drawing and painting if I got a surface book?
For me, CSP. You can't beat the performance and price. $50 and you are set. No monthly BS.

If you want to save even more, I guess you should go Krita (Free).

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
When I got my Cintiq Companion Hybrid (which they abandoned pretty much, now I'm only using it connected to pc lol) I never thought I'd see the day I can get a 13" screen tablet (albeit a very low end one) for the price of an Intuos, a progress I guess :P

Still wishing they'd make a 2560x1440 resolution 16" or 22" cintiq. Been kinda wanting to change from my Hybrid lol
At least the Companion Hybrid has multitouch lol.

BTW, I did a preview video on youtube of your device and Wacom demanded I take it down (I shat on it).I said nyet and they cut me off after that lol.

BTW, what's wrong with Cintiq Pro 16 (other than price lol). It's 4K 15.6". Too high res?

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
For something like CSP, i5-4440 is still pretty good. CSP is mostly single threaded and clockspeed driven. You should decide on Flex 5 or not based on whther you'd like to be mobile or not. Desktop it-4440 + Wacom One/Huion Kamvas 13 will tether you to your table and AC outlet.

For me, CSP. You can't beat the performance and price. $50 and you are set. No monthly BS.

If you want to save even more, I guess you should go Krita (Free).
Any idea on when CSP will go on sale again?
Thanks for your help!

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
$400 seems really cheap by Wacom standards, heh, my Cintiq 13HD cost twice as much. Then again I don't care for touch controls, it just gets in the way for me.

I dunno how the different Wacom tablet displays compare but it's nice to see they got enough competition that they've had to reconsider their price points.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017

BTW, I did a preview video on youtube of your device and Wacom demanded I take it down (I shat on it).I said nyet and they cut me off after that lol.

BTW, what's wrong with Cintiq Pro 16 (other than price lol). It's 4K 15.6". Too high res?
doesn't the wacom link create tons of problems? I know an artist I follow had problems with hers due to that stupid block on top of cable issues.

that said, 3840x2160 on even a 24" screen is a bit too high lol

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
$400 seems really cheap by Wacom standards, heh, my Cintiq 13HD cost twice as much. Then again I don't care for touch controls, it just gets in the way for me.

I dunno how the different Wacom tablet displays compare but it's nice to see they got enough competition that they've had to reconsider their price points.
I've used the cintiq 16 (not the pro), 22HD and now use the Pro 24. The main thing I've noticed, and seen re-inforced in a video by Istebrak (who hates wacom products) is that all wacom display tablets are grainy due to the cheap protectors they use. If you draw on a stark white background, its kind of a rainbow-like grain (iirc) that, depending on you, can fuck with your eyes and make you dizzy.

edit: Oh my god, I totally misread your post >.>

the differences are just pen tech and resolution. like, the Pro's outside of the 13" are all 4k displays with the pro pen 2 (8k levels of pressure sensitivity) and better colors. That's about it.

iirc, I don't think the new 13 has the new pen tech but the 16 non-pro does

Last edited:

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia

Tbh the hybrid felt like a good product at that time and then they never supported it, it's still on android 4 I think. It's kinda like an overpriced glorified 13HD now xD

As for your last question, yeah the price lol (almost 3x the price of 16, 1.7x the 22) and, 4k on 16" seems too high for a screen that's only slightly bigger than my 13", and I heard mixed things with the Wacom Link connections.

1080p for 22 does seem a little bit low too lol. If they put 1440p on 22 I would've bought it, but then they'd probably jacked up the price for that lol. And the pro 24... way too overpriced locally haha

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I've been wanting to get a drawing tablet I can directly draw on but I don't want to blow more than $500 for one since I can't afford it (read: I'm unemployed). I've had a Wacom Bamboo Capture tablet for several years but I haven't used it in some time due to the disconnected feeling and misplacing my pen/cable. But when I did, I was using Manga Studio 5 and really liked that program a lot. The last time I drew digitally was on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 two years ago. But I lost all my files sadly and the phone got messed up.

It looks like a 64GB iPad Air plus Apple Pencil and a screen filter seems to be the way to go for what I want to do (take pictures of traditional drawings I do with pencil and ink, digitally re-ink, paint, and draw on the go). I'm checking eBay for prices and iPad Air prices are in the 400ish-500 range. Add in an Apple Pencil, a case, and said screen filter, and it's another $130-$150 or so. I'll try looking for a refurbished tablet. But it looks like it'll be $650 all things considered. It'd probably a good investment provided the battery doesn't go to shit (I'm dreading going to an Apple Store).

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
doesn't the wacom link create tons of problems? I know an artist I follow had problems with hers due to that stupid block on top of cable issues.

that said, 3840x2160 on even a 24" screen is a bit too high lol
Yeah Wacom Link was buggy as F when first launched. Must be better by now since I don't hear complaints.

As for res, you definitely need to set Windows to 200% scaling.

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Tbh the hybrid felt like a good product at that time and then they never supported it, it's still on android 4 I think. It's kinda like an overpriced glorified 13HD now xD

As for your last question, yeah the price lol (almost 3x the price of 16, 1.7x the 22) and, 4k on 16" seems too high for a screen that's only slightly bigger than my 13", and I heard mixed things with the Wacom Link connections.

1080p for 22 does seem a little bit low too lol. If they put 1440p on 22 I would've bought it, but then they'd probably jacked up the price for that lol. And the pro 24... way too overpriced locally haha
I use 22HD at work and use Notebook 9 Pro at home. And I gotta say the 1080p resolution don't bother me on either. But then again, my eyesight is less than optimum these days so maybe I just prefer big chunky pixels at my age.

The 22HD at work is pen only and honestly, if it had touch, I'd be perfectly happy with it. In fact I'm looking for good used 22HD Touch with decent price. The size of screen is big enough for me to draw comfortably and the thing isn't stupid unwieldy big on the desk like 24, 27 and 32.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I use 22HD at work and use Notebook 9 Pro at home. And I gotta say the 1080p resolution don't bother me on either. But then again, my eyesight is less than optimum these days so maybe I just prefer big chunky pixels at my age.

The 22HD at work is pen only and honestly, if it had touch, I'd be perfectly happy with it. In fact I'm looking for good used 22HD Touch with decent price. The size of screen is big enough for me to draw comfortably and the thing isn't stupid unwieldy big on the desk like 24, 27 and 32.

Good to hear that, I'm thinking compared to my 25" 1440p Dell monitor, a 1080p 22" shouldn't be too jarring. Although it kinda feels a little bit like paying for a sidegrade and a bigger screen. But screen quality wise, do you know if the Cintiq 22 is better than / comparable to 22HD or my Hybrid? The new pro pen 2 is an improvement I suppose. And at least they include a stand with the 22 haha

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Good to hear that, I'm thinking compared to my 25" 1440p Dell monitor, a 1080p 22" shouldn't be too jarring. Although it kinda feels a little bit like paying for a sidegrade and a bigger screen. But screen quality wise, do you know if the Cintiq 22 is better than / comparable to 22HD or my Hybrid? The new pro pen 2 is an improvement I suppose. And at least they include a stand with the 22 haha
Screen wise Cintiq Pro 24 > 27QHD > 22HD > Cintiq 22. Also, iirc only Cintiq Pro 24 is laminated. Rest have slight air gap thus some additional parallax.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Screen wise Cintiq Pro 24 > 27QHD > 22HD > Cintiq 22. Also, iirc only Cintiq Pro 24 is laminated. Rest have slight air gap thus some additional parallax.
I see. Anyway I've never been bothered by a little bit of parallax so it's all good, but I just checked my local online marketplace and the 22HD is around 2x the price of 22 haha >_<

Also I got a feeling I'll miss the side buttons once I do switch to 22 :P

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I see. Anyway I've never been bothered by a little bit of parallax so it's all good, but I just checked my local online marketplace and the 22HD is around 2x the price of 22 haha >_<

Yep and it'll cost you another $100 to replace via Expresskey Remote. And it's a bit different having that than buttons on the side...

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
9-EAFF583-9-E21-4-A2-C-8526-3653-F9-DD2-B60.jpg

My Surface Book 3 15" 32GB finally arrived. It feels nice and the near-4k screen looks fantastic. I'm using these silly rubber dumpling things to control the tilt angle, which works pretty well. Using it with Clip Studio and for sculpting in Blender.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
9-EAFF583-9-E21-4-A2-C-8526-3653-F9-DD2-B60.jpg

My Surface Book 3 15" 32GB finally arrived. It feels nice and the near-4k screen looks fantastic. I'm using these silly rubber dumpling things to control the tilt angle, which works pretty well. Using it with Clip Studio and for sculpting in Blender.
Congrats to you! 32GB! Condolences to your wallet. lol

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017

eh, depending on how you're setup (ie, if you have easy access to your keyboard while drawing) the lack of buttons is a non-issue

I moved from the 22HD to the Pro 24 recently and I don't miss the buttons. I don't use the remote at all, just keyboard shortcuts all day lol

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I'm super late but here's the sketch test I promised of the Lenovo Flex 5 14" Ryzen 4500u. Unfortunately I was in a hurry and I forgot to lock the rotation of the phone when I recorded so it's vertical video...

If I have time later do another one that is not in wrong orientation. lolz

youtu.be

Sketch test drive of Lenovo Flex 5 14" Ryzen 4500u

Testing Clip Studio Paint on Flex 5 14" Ryzen 4500u edition while on batteries (best performsnce profile) using Wacom Feel driver and Dell AES 2.0 pen

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking to upgrade from my Macbook Pro (it's the last 2010 model still on Snow Leopard and has been showing its age for like 5 years now lol), and I'm thinking a 2-in-1 seems like the best option for me, but I'm not really familiar with them- I am fine with Windows though, even if I prefer Macs.
The two main reasons I want a 2-in-1 is that I hate working at desks, so the lap part of a laptop is important, and I want to do digital art, but I hate using graphicstablets where you aren't actually drawing on the screen itself. I don't want to spend much over £1,500, and while I wouldn't object to going desktop and Cintiq, I doubt I'll get a comparable spec at that price point.

My main uses are the Adobe suite with a preference to AI and AE, any art software, so Sketchbook or CSP,, as well as game engine stuff for 2D games (Unity mainly, or maybe Gamemaker) , and maybe a bit of casual Blender usage.

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I'm looking to upgrade from my Macbook Pro (it's the last 2010 model still on Snow Leopard and has been showing its age for like 5 years now lol), and I'm thinking a 2-in-1 seems like the best option for me, but I'm not really familiar with them- I am fine with Windows though, even if I prefer Macs.
The two main reasons I want a 2-in-1 is that I hate working at desks, so the lap part of a laptop is important, and I want to do digital art, but I hate using graphicstablets where you aren't actually drawing on the screen itself. I don't want to spend much over £1,500, and while I wouldn't object to going desktop and Cintiq, I doubt I'll get a comparable spec at that price point.

My main uses are the Adobe suite with a preference to AI and AE, any art software, so Sketchbook or CSP,, as well as game engine stuff for 2D games (Unity mainly, or maybe Gamemaker) , and maybe a bit of casual Blender usage.
See if you can score Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15" with 16GB of RAM and discrete GPU for your budget. In the States, they are currently on closeout for $999 at Microsoft store. I only see listing on UK Ebay from US, but it can be had new for less than 1000 pounds. IMO, it's the best art 2 in 1 available.

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Did a second sketch test video of the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 4500u, this time using the packed in pen.

It was a MUCH better experience, approaching EMR experience. Lesson? DO NOT BUY ANY DUAL PROTOCOL PENS be they from Wacom or Dell or whoever!! They are terrible, not running well on either platforms (MPP and AES).

In fact you should disregard any reviews of AES or MPP devices that uses Wacom dual protocol pen as the sole experience to represent how pen works.

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
HOLD THE PRESS!

Costco has 4700U version of the Lenovo Flex 5 14" I bought from Amazon! It's basically the same thing with upgraded CPU and double the SSD for $750!!

WOW! This is maybe even a better deal than the Amazon one!

Only thing is you need to be a Costco member...

[EDIT] 7/1/20
Got it delivered finally. Still has soldered on RAM like the 4500U version on Amazon. BUT this one from Costco DOES NOT come with the pen packed in. 4700U doesn't show any difference in CSP since its very single threaded.

Last edited:

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017

Lap usage for drawing will be interesting with any of the 2-in-1 devices, as the keyboard often folds behind, or you need something to support the screen.

I use the Surface Pro and Surface Book 15" on my lap and neither is great for drawing like that. I use an external Logitech K380 keyboard for shortcuts, and one of those laptop tables with a beanbag.

Surface Devices pens are lacklustre compared to some of the options pointed out by Shogmaster, but they are good enough for my needs.

Unfortunately the UK laptop options seem quite different to the US options, which is frustrating.

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
OH SHIT! The Amazon's Flex 5 14" is back in stock! 4500U 16GB 256GB for $600!!!

Amazon.com: Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 Laptop, 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080) Touch Display, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon Graphics, Digital Pen Included, Win 10, 81X20005US, Graphite Grey: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 Laptop, 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080) Touch Display, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon Graphics, Digital Pen Included, Win 10, 81X20005US, Graphite Grey: Computers & Accessories

81341OEbRhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You'd better hurry if you want one since last batch sold out in few days!! This unit comes with a pen! Just add software like Clip Studio Paint for $50 or Krita for free!

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Just a reminder that the Samsung Notebook 9 Pro is still available brand new at Microsoft store for $999 on close out. Still has very capable CPU in 8550u i7, and discrete RX540 GPU with its own VRAM. And most importantly, WACOM EMR PEN!

www.microsoft.com

Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15 NP940X5N-X01US Laptop

• 15.0-inch Full HD touchscreen • Intel i7 8th Gen • 16GB memory/256GB SSD

RE4vyiq

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
OH SHIT! The Amazon's Flex 5 14" is back in stock! 4500U 16GB 256GB for $600!!!

81341OEbRhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You'd better hurry if you want one since last batch sold out in few days!! This unit comes with a pen! Just add software like Clip Studio Paint for $50 or Krita for free!
Just grabbed one in Canada in a similar sale. Really love the feel of the keyboard and the pen is pretty much what you'd expect out of a Wacom AES. I absolutely love the form factor, but I wish there was some sort of cover for keyboard for tablet mode. Still, great stuff!

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Just grabbed one in Canada in a similar sale. Really love the feel of the keyboard and the pen is pretty much what you'd expect out of a Wacom AES. I absolutely love the form factor, but I wish there was some sort of cover for keyboard for tablet mode. Still, great stuff!
Congrats and don't forget to install the Wacom Pen app via Feel Driver so you can map the pen barrel buttons:

Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas

This Wacom Components driver offers added features for most pen input tablets or computers that use Wacom's pen technology.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Congrats and don't forget to install the Wacom Pen app via Feel Driver so you can map the pen barrel buttons:

Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas

This Wacom Components driver offers added features for most pen input tablets or computers that use Wacom's pen technology.
Thanks! I wasn't sure if I had to install any other software since the Lenovo Pen app was already there. The Wacom app is muuch better on a per software basis

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
A video discussion difference between Wacom EMR and AES

www.youtube.com

Wacom EMR vs AES (2020 edition)

Here's I discuss differences between Wacom's two pen types: EMR (elevyro magnetic resonance) and AES (active electro static) usk g Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15"...

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Is the Lenovo Flex a good substitute for a portable drawing tablet? I'll probably jump on it since an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil is way too expensive for me. If it's that popular, then screw it. Money comes back. I really want to get back into digital painting.

EDIT: Done and ordered.

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Is the Lenovo Flex a good substitute for a portable drawing tablet? I'll probably jump on it since an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil is way too expensive for me. If it's that popular, then screw it. Money comes back. I really want to get back into digital painting.

EDIT: Done and ordered.
I would consider Flex more pro device than iPad Pro atm since you can run full Photoshop and Z Brush and Blender and whatnot. I cant go my full speed on it like with the Samsung Notebook 9 Pro I have but if you watch my video test drive you can still do comfortable fast sketching on it no problem.

I think youll enjoy it. Just ask me wuestions if you get stuck with something.

OP
OP
Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
If anyone is looking for an iPad Pro. Walmart has the 64GB 11" 2018 model on clearance for $449 - in store.

brickseek.com

Apple iPad Pro 11-inch 64GB Wi-Fi Only (2018 Model, 3rd Generation, MTXN2LL/A) - Space Gray - BrickSeek

BrickSeek's powerful price comparison tool is unlike any other. Compare an item's pricing and availability across the web and in-store to ensure you are getting the absolute best possible deal.
That's still "current" generation, right? Friend of mine was looking to buy it on sale but only wanted the "latest".