• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
E-5JKu7UcAs47v0

WHAT IS DIGIMON GHOST GAME?
A new television anime produced by Toei in the greater Digimon franchise following the end of Digimon Adventure 2020. However, it will (presumably) be standalone and can be watched without having seen any previous Digimon shows.

SYNOPSIS
A bit into the future, a new technology has arrived.

On social networking sites, rumors of mysterious phenomenon of unknown truth were circulating known as, holographic ghosts.

First year junior high school student Amanokawa activated a mysterious device left by his father, known as a 'Digivice'.

When activated he can see unknown creatures that ordinary people can not see, Digimon.

From the day he meets the Digimon Gammamon, entrusted to him by his father, the air becomes thick as he is caught up in the bizarre phenomenon

There is also a 'Mouth Stitching Man' who steals human time, and a 'Mummy Man' who wanders around at night and kidnaps people.

Hologram ghosts are right next to us, and out to get us.

From here on out, it's a story of the other side of the world that no one knew. Together with Gammamon and his friends, he steps into the mysterious world where Digimon live.

STAFF
Character designs by Tenya Yabuno
Digimon designs by Kenji Watanabe

Planning/design cooperation:
Tenya Yabuno
Hiroshi Izawa
(both returning from Digimon V-Tamer)

Series Composer: Masashi Sogo, who was the series composer for the first 200 episodes of Bleach, Tokyo Mew Mew, the first 75 episodes of Princes of Teenis, Great Teacher Onizuka, Gantaz, Fairy Tail, among others, and has written for many anime projects.

Series Directors:
Kimitoshi Chioka, assistant director, storyboard artist, and episode director for Adventure, 02, Tamers, Frontier, and Savers. Was also the series director for the first 46 episodes of Dragon Ball Super, and worked on many other anime.
Masatao Mitsuka, series director and episode director for Digimon Adventure:, episode director for Xros Wars. Also worked on Dragon Ball Super, Kitaro, One Piece, and other franchises.

Character Design by Mariko Itou, who worked on a number of anime including Log Horizon.

Digimon Design by Cho Shinozuka, who did various artwork and animation for Adventure:, Pretty Cure, Kitaro, Dragon Ball, and more.

Art Direction by Mai Ichioka, who has done art for Adventure:, World Trigger, Pretty Cure, and More.

Art Design by Toshiaki Amada, who did the same for Appmon and Adventure:, Full Metal Panic 5, Kitaro 2018 and more.

Music by Kou Otani. Otani is a very prolific anime composer. Including but not limited to (franchise names, not necessarily specific shows)- City Hunter, Shin-Chan, Eyeshield 21, Gunslinger Girl, .hack, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, Shakugan no Shana, Tenchi, You're Under Arrest, Zatch Bell, Zoids.

CAST
img_hiro-amanokawa.png

HIRO AMANOKAWA played by MUTSUMI TAMURA
img_gammamon.png

GAMMAMON played by MIYUKI SAWASHIRO
img_ruli-tsukiyono.png

RURI TSUKIYONO played by YU KOBAYASHI
img_angoramon.png

ANGORAMON played by KAZUYA NAKAI
img_kiyoshiro-higashimitarai.png

KIYOSHIRO HIGASHIMITARAI played by AKIRA ISHIDA
img_jellymon.png

JELLYMON played by YU SHIMAMURA

TRAILER

Episodes will be uploaded every weekend to Crunchyroll.​

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This is my first OT so I might still tweak formatting a bit lol. Hope y'all enjoy it.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the reboot but I'm happy to have a new anime, I skipped the Appmon stuff though.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I miss Tai already, let's hope he will get a cameo in the very first episode of GG.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Appmon is great. I highly recommend it. I hope this new show will bring it too!
I'm gonna watch Appmon soon too as it's pretty much the last "main" Digimon anime production I have yet to watch. Hoping I like it since Digimon productions in the last decade have otherwise not done much for me.

Definitely looking forward to Ghost Game since the premise and everything we've seen seems like a nice change of pace.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna watch Appmon soon too as it's pretty much the last "main" Digimon anime production I have yet to watch. Hoping I like it since Digimon productions in the last decade have otherwise not done much for me.

Definitely looking forward to Ghost Game since the premise and everything we've seen seems like a nice change of pace.

Personally, I feel they're at their best when leave old stuff behind for once and do something new. I don't need to see Agumon ever again.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to checking this out, really wish the reboot got a dub. Haven't checked that out yet.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The game adaptation should totally be called Ghost Anime.

Cool new digimon designs imo. The fairy is hella cute.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I already need a new game that has Gammamon in it. The show hasn't even aired yet and I already love the little guy.

I'm unfamiliar with how Crunchyroll simulcasts work, roughly how many hours after the television release does the episode become available?

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I already need a new game that has Gammamon in it. The show hasn't even aired yet and I already love the little guy.

I'm unfamiliar with how Crunchyroll simulcasts work, roughly how many hours after the television release does the episode become available?
Not sure on the exact hour but Crunchyroll uploads PreCure like 9ish PM PST Saturday? So I would imagine Digimon is a similar timeframe.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god, am i seeing this right? is one of the main pairs a boy human and a girl digimon?
i know this might seem like a silly point to fixate on (what can I say? mons series stuff is very Gender to me), but i have been waiting for this ever since 02 did it the opposite way.
honestly thought they'd never do it (if nothing else than for merch-driven reasons, gotta sell those boys those boys toys).
i havent been interested in digimon in a long time but if they really actually did that i might watch this one for that alone.
(but helps that the vibe seems cool to me as well. as a tamers and savers fan i like the series best when it's not cloying adventure nostalgia)

Last edited:

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, am i seeing this right? is one of the main pairs a boy human and a girl digimon?
i know this might seem like a silly point to fixate on (what can I say? mons series stuff is very Gender to me), but i have been waiting for this ever since 02 did it the opposite way.
honestly thought they'd never do it (if nothing else than for merch-driven reasons, gotta sell those boys those boys toys).
i havent been interested in digimon in a long time but if they really actually did that i might watch this one for that alone.
(but helps that the vibe seems cool to me as well. as a tamers and savers fan i like the series best when it's not cloying adventure nostalgia)
Yep, that's what they're doing this time around.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
OH YEAH BABYYYYYYYY

That entirely brand new digimon series feeling I've missed

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I didn't want to include too many leaks/promo stuff in the OP, but I think generally speaking I would prefer if people do post them here, spoiler tag them. My rule of thumb would be to tag it if it hasn't shown up in the anime yet, I think.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't want to include too many leaks/promo stuff in the OP, but I think generally speaking I would prefer if people do post them here, spoiler tag them. My rule of thumb would be to tag it if it hasn't shown up in the anime yet, I think.

Fair. Technically the forms are officially revealed via Dim Cards, but just not in the show. If anyone's curious and hasn't seen yet:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The OP pretty much spoiled a bunch of the evos, even ones we haven't officially seen, so if you're avoiding them heed that

Last edited:

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
OP is pretty good. Hope Crunchyroll uploads it tomorrow.

Spoilers in the video:

ED:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Variable evolutions are neat even though they'll be forgotten about like the variable forms of Kamen Riders always fall by the wayside once the true upgrades show up.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The OP is great.

Angoramon's evo looks great. Big King Kazama vibes.
Jellymon's is alright. Just looks like a more grown up version of her. Hopefully her perfect and ultimate have a bigger change.
Gammamon's evos all look nice. My favorite is the green one.