• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Remember when we did Nade Nade thing? Maaaan. I always did wonder if Tri would end up as good returning series, or BAD returning series. And well, I don't think I'm the only one who doesn't have that many positive thoughts about Tri.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
...you just had to bring up nade nade... I had forgotten about it up till this point.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I had forgotten it as well, I just started to remember the start of Tri announcements. This was also meant to be TV series before movies. It could have been over 2 and half years ago.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
As I see it the fights are not the highlights in tri. Different from the series which uses fights for the climax of the episode.

For me the disappointing thing is that this results in skipping through evolutions and trying to rush some of the fights.

The weak part of tri is trying to make me care about Meiko.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Tri is cancelled, here is our new movie.
april_6thdvisual.jpg
Although it would probaly be better than current Tri.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
So just read some spoilers for Tri 6...

and the movie is ending with hints of freaking sequel. Why Toei Why...

Was Tri not enough?

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017

Was Tri not enough?
Tamers creator Konaka said that Tamers 2 wouldn't be possible in near future, since they have too many projects going on.

Hmmm…

Also Tri makes a lot of money, or at least its products they make. Can't make that CashCowmon die too early.

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

Was Tri not enough?

If it's an actual series (like we should have gotten in the first place), I'm okay with that.

If it's another movie/ova series

fuck off

(and I say that as someone who would watch it even if it's the latter)

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like I guessed right!

Also, for you guys that hate Tri, you should check out the Tri stage play :p Someone subbed it.
I can sum it up easy:
-the puppeteers are distracting, especially wearing grey clothes
-the Gabumon puppet is soooo fluffy and I want it!
-they sit around and talk about adulting
-the villain is Etemon... apparemtly he gets a lot of laughs from the crowd

So if you really want to watch something "fun", go hunt that down :p

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
If it's an actual series (like we should have gotten in the first place), I'm okay with that.

If it's another movie/ova series

fuck off

(and I say that as someone who would watch it even if it's the latter)
Another Movie/OVA series wouldn't automatically suck, but it would have to come faster than freaking 2 and half years. That's way too long.

Also, good writing, better animation and other Tri issues fixed. Can't forget that.

Last edited:

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Aw come on sequel bait, really? While I might not dislike Tri like a lot of other people, I'm definitely not clamouring for another Adventure sequel.

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Another Movie/OVA series wouldn't automatically suck, but it would have to come faster than freaking 2 and half years. That's way too long.

Also, good writing, better animation and other Tri issues fixed. Can't forget that.

I put it into spoiler tags if you want to do it as well since you have my pre-edit post.

I kinda forgot to originally >_<

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's dp but.... That Tamers Drama CD is...

Incomplete.

From what I read, the story ends without any kind of resolution, but rather leaves bunch of sequel baits.

It seems like the writer did this so the sequel could be approved (Going by his tweets)? But who knows

Sucks that they are trying to drag the series down.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Something I appreciate about Digimon is that they know to keep things fresh. It doesn't always work out well, but we are left with a handful of memorable series thanks to that. Sequels don't fit into my idea of what I want the Digimon franchise to be, and I am not confident they could produce something satisfactory.

drtomoe123

Nov 1, 2017
the Bay Area
Looks like I guessed right!

Also, for you guys that hate Tri, you should check out the Tri stage play :p Someone subbed it.
I can sum it up easy:
-the puppeteers are distracting, especially wearing grey clothes
-the Gabumon puppet is soooo fluffy and I want it!
-they sit around and talk about adulting
-the villain is Etemon... apparemtly he gets a lot of laughs from the crowd

So if you really want to watch something "fun", go hunt that down :p

I still can't believe I had to choose between seeing this and Persona Music Live during my last week in Japan lol

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realise the digimon adventure psp english patch was released last month lol. I was expecting work on it to be abandoned but I'm glad to have been proved wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
Something I appreciate about Digimon is that they know to keep things fresh. It doesn't always work out well, but we are left with a handful of memorable series thanks to that. Sequels don't fit into my idea of what I want the Digimon franchise to be, and I am not confident they could produce something satisfactory.
Agreed. Sequels in this franchise have pretty much never worked out. I also really appreciate that Digimon is constantly coming up with new ideas and going in new directions.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
i'm hearing news about another tri movie

i just wanna know when the whole thing is over, and i'll buy the set on blu ray

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
AniChart lists the movie as being aired next Friday, actually :x May the fourth. Pretty sure the past movies showed up on Crunchyroll all on the Friday of the movie airing in Japan, didn't they?

Oh really? I honestly forgot if there was a date for it or not, all I could remember was Summer lol.

Great if it's next Friday though.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Sooner than we all thought... Well, guess we will see how it all ends and if our predictions are right. Adventure cast aside, I want to know the fate of 02 kids!

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Sooner than we all thought... Well, guess we will see how it all ends and if our predictions are right. Adventure cast aside, I want to know the fate of 02 kids!

TRI ends, cut to black
A message appears on screen:
Sometime after these events, some familiar-looking kids were found
dead

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
*Checks CR* No announcement yet :/ This is gunna be like the one movie that got announced like, the day before movie premiere, isn't it?

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
My copy of the English Dub Blu Ray of Tri Part 4: Loss arrived today.
It was an enjoyable watch and it was great seeing the opening part of the movie again.
Couple of things:
- Hackmon has a really deep voice in the dub
- Yggdrasil is renamed to King Drasil to keep consistency with Data Sqaud/Cyber Sleuth
- I can't remember if this was mentioned in the Japanese version but the dub states that Gennai was corrupted by King Drasil. The Japanese version never confirmed if it was the same Gennai or not, did it?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
King Drasil? Eww what sn awful localization :/ I hate how inconsistant Digimon's dub is...

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the general consensus on Hacker's Memory? As good as the first one, better, worse? How's the story and characters in comparison? Any significant improvement on challenge?

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
So what's the general consensus on Hacker's Memory? As good as the first one, better, worse? How's the story and characters in comparison? Any significant improvement on challenge?
I'd say that it's a little bit better than the first one. I think the characters and story were better in Hacker's Memory and you've got a wider selection of Digimon to choose from. I didn't notice any improvement on challenge.
It's basically more of the same. If you enjoyed Cyber Sleuth then you'll probably like Hacker's Memory as well.

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the original more (because 1. Ami and 2. The story feels a lot like Savers). Gameplay wise, it's basically the first one ++ And the story in general is good.

So if you liked the first one, you'll almost certainly like HM. The thing that may make you like it better or worse than the first one is going to be the story I'd say.