• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
I've always much preferred the evolutionary lines ending up at Cherubimon(either) over the one ending at Saintgalgomon, despite being pretty big on mechs...

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really a fan of either the Terriermon or Lopmon lines. The only evolutions from them I like are the gold Rapidmon and the evil (dark blue) Cherubimon.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Actually, SaintGalgo/MegaGargomon is supposed to be dog. Terriermon-line is dog based. Rapidmon is keen hound. Lopmon-line is rabbit based. Why is it twin with rabbit Digimon? Who knows.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/16/t...r-sh-figuarts-cars-anime-bluefin-booth-286308

A closer look at the newer evolution figures. Looks like there's no upcoming SH Figuarts? At least, nothing for Bluefin to tease. I'm surprised they never localized the Precious Metal Sakuyamon (only one in I wonder if they are still doing the line). And I guess the FigZero Yamato (Tri version) is still in limbo? Well, there's still WonFes tomorrow to see! (Plz Megahouse be nice to meeee....)

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New art for ReArise:

https://twitter.com/digimon_rearise/status/966138630979780608
http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/16/t...r-sh-figuarts-cars-anime-bluefin-booth-286308

A closer look at the newer evolution figures. Looks like there's no upcoming SH Figuarts? At least, nothing for Bluefin to tease. I'm surprised they never localized the Precious Metal Sakuyamon (only one in I wonder if they are still doing the line). And I guess the FigZero Yamato (Tri version) is still in limbo? Well, there's still WonFes tomorrow to see! (Plz Megahouse be nice to meeee....)
I didn't hear any Digimon news out of this, so I guess there wasn't anything we didn't already know?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
New art for ReArise:

https://twitter.com/digimon_rearise/status/966138630979780608

I didn't hear any Digimon news out of this, so I guess there wasn't anything we didn't already know?

Considering the key visual, this looks like it would make for a fun anime series! I guess there's still potential, if there is ever plans on a new series...

As for the figures, yeah nothing new at all, which really surprised me! Nothing from Bandai nor Megahouse. Other than Metalgarurumon, I guess my wallet can take a break for a bit on Digimon merch^^

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I know someone hated how best boy Keisuke looked in Hacker's Memory, but honestly? ReArise art looks so bland. And character designs are not any better.

Also, Digimon The Hedgehog. I kind of thought it would be Legend-Arms with their recent push, but guess not.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
News on the 6th Tri movie's ending theme:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...me-film-ending-theme-artists-revealed/.128236

The ending theme will be the franchise's representative "Butter-Fly" song with the title "Butter-Fly ~tri.Version~." The singers of the song include the "DigiDestined" (Natsuki Hanae, Suzuko Mimori, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Mutsumi Tamura, Hitomi Yoshida, Junya Enoki, Junya Ikeda, M.A.O, Miho Arakawa), the "Digimon Singers" (Chika Sakamoto, Katori Shigematsu, Mayumi Yamaguchi, Takahiro Sakurai, Kinoko Yamada, Miwa Matsumoto, Junko Takeuchi, Yuka Tokumitsu, Yukiko Morishita), Ayumi Miyazaki, and AiM. Additionally, the song will also feature late singer Kouji Wada's singing voice.

So I wonder if Kouji Wada had previously taped this, or if it was his voice from the opening theme just tied in with the others? Guess we'll have to find out.

A little disappointed they just went with Butter-Fly. Was hoping for a new original, or even better, some rendition of Bokura no Digital World. 02's third act was... something else, but that song was just so touching! I remember someone made an AMV on it a long time ago and it just fit in SO SO well! Others were made after that, but they just aren't as good as the first one I saw :/

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Nice! Just saw we had a Digimon thread. Speaking of figuarts/d-arts, here's my Digimon related ones

3UAv2rn.jpg

nl9JxFu.jpg

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got around to watching the first part of Tri.

Man, Agumon could use some Vitamin D to help with that pale skin.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
is it worth getting all of Tri on blu ray? I forgot a lot of what happened it's been a while and I'm behind

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
OT updated with Merchandise section (yes I am totally late/behind on this, sorry guys) which is in the second post and just gotta add a gaming section which I will do at some point in March. Probably sooner than later if I can find the time and feel up to it in the next week.

PaperSparrow only used one of each of the pics you gave me, sorry. I felt like the post would be too big if I put two pics under each section.

Also I put the translation guide under spoiler tags to make the post shorter as well :)

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure why I still bother with Digimon Links... (If I remember to) I log in daily to get my stones and maybe play if I'm really bored. Now there's been a 3 days+ extended maintenance and no one knows why :/ Lots of angry people on their Facebook page. Well, no surprise!

...I miss the Digimon Heroes! team. They were really involved in the community and had great CS on their forums. The passion is gone now, and Links is just a cash in (especially since I heard prices were bumped up from their Japanese rates!)

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

We've got a Comic and Toy Convention in town this weekend, and I'm planning on going as Tri Tai one of the days, but I really wish I had one of first season Digivices to go with it.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Idk how to spoiler on mobile

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind either but Omega just works better with Alphamon being a thing. Both being royal knights and all plus the fight in Tri 1. The Alpha and the Omega :)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not done with it but as of now it feels like it's dragging. But if it gets close to the highs of Tamers maybe I'll stick it out.
Keep at it. Appmon has some major problems with pacing, but the final 5 episodes are in my mind some of the finest in the history of the franchise (and there are some other highs aside from the end, but the end is definitely the most consistently great part).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Keep at it. Appmon has some major problems with pacing, but the final 5 episodes are in my mind some of the finest in the history of the franchise (and there are some other highs aside from the end, but the end is definitely the most consistently great part).

Yeah, the climax for Appmon was one of the best. Even Adventure's climax was only... ok. I swear Apocalymon's dub just ruined it for me, even after seeing it subbed.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Why do I only get the crust, Curler?
Growing up with the German dub, I was spared from that nonsense.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adventure dub was so bad. Remember the scene when Puppetmon died and he asked what he was missing? The fucking dub gave the answer away like what the hell?

But growing up, it was like the greatest show on earth.