• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
So good to have a Digimon episode to look forward to over the weekend, again.

New!Sora's characterization is enough to make me actually like her character for the first time in a very, very long time.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Episode was good. Although I hope Sora will get more focus in the future.

Felt this episode is more like what a regular episode will look like.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Did we discuss ReArise getting new mon? Say hi to Mitamamon

DigimonbodyMitamamon4.png

Man ReArise making 3 new partner Megas for older mons.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I like Shakkoumon, honestly underrated mon.

...Too bad its one of worst choices for Armadimon's Ultimate.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I wonder if the new series is actually a sequel to the original adventure.

Last Evolution ends on sad note with the 01 Digimon disappearing. In the still canon 02 ending however they are all back. Also in Digimon 01 there was another group before the cast we followed. Maybe the true big bad of the series is a Digimon that can reset or create new universes.

The fact that Agumon could fuse to omnimon makes me think he already did that and it's the same Agumon as the 01 Agumon.

But I could be wrong of course

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the new series is actually a sequel to the original adventure.

Last Evolution ends on sad note with the 01 Digimon disappearing. In the still canon 02 ending however they are all back. Also in Digimon 01 there was another group before the cast we followed. Maybe the true big bad of the series is a Digimon that can reset or create new universes.

The fact that Agumon could fuse to omnimon makes me think he already did that and it's the same Agumon as the 01 Agumon.

But I could be wrong of course
I haven't seen Last Evolution, but I assumed the way everything played out was to set up Tai's career choice, which played into the Digimon returning. They already did the Universe thing with Milleniummon and Ryo, so it's possible.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Last Evolution Eng Subs actually leaked. I didn't watch that.

The BEST leaked image however is
Numemon fighting Eosmon.

Are leaked images okay to post here?

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
You know what cheers me up? Good ol Tri hate.

www.notion.so

Digimon Adventure tri. Contradiction & Criticism Walkthrough | Notion

This is a recap of all six Digimon Adventure tri. movies, since I felt it would be impractical and difficult to go through every issue brought up on a separate post rather than just pointing them out throughout the entire thing.

This dedicated analysis has convinced me Tri is a super duper joke. Especially that "reboot" it attempted.

- Contradicts previous series esp. with 02 saying the World isnt a game you can restart
- Since its not explained, why didnt Homeo do this when Dark Masters fucked up shit
- Its doing it for fucking Meicoomon twice?
- Technically almost all villains should be reborn so uhh
- Is also really meaningless by the end of series

Tri going overbudget half-way and changing plot due to it during part 4-5 is weird, I dont remember anyone noticing this at during Tri's active time. Might explain why Alphamon disappears and King Yggy is not seen.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically the later series supplants the previous ones so contradictions would actually be retcons? That entire breakdown was the kind of overly pedantic nonsense that passes itself off as actual criticism. The majority of it is subjective opinion dressed up in objective drag by being self defeatingly "thorough". The "character assassination" stuff in particular was beyond cringey, the term alone is laughably loaded.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
You know what cheers me up? Good ol Tri hate.

www.notion.so

Digimon Adventure tri. Contradiction & Criticism Walkthrough | Notion

This is a recap of all six Digimon Adventure tri. movies, since I felt it would be impractical and difficult to go through every issue brought up on a separate post rather than just pointing them out throughout the entire thing.

This dedicated analysis has convinced me Tri is a super duper joke. Especially that "reboot" it attempted.

- Contradicts previous series esp. with 02 saying the World isnt a game you can restart
- Since its not explained, why didnt Homeo do this when Dark Masters fucked up shit
- Its doing it for fucking Meicoomon twice?
- Technically almost all villains should be reborn so uhh
- Is also really meaningless by the end of series

Tri going overbudget half-way and changing plot due to it during part 4-5 is weird, I dont remember anyone noticing this at during Tri's active time. Might explain why Alphamon disappears and King Yggy is not seen.

Everything is meaningless after 02 since the epilogue is still canon. That's why i really disliked
The whole Digimon disappearing after growing up felt like a cheap way to create some drama. You know Agumon and Taichi will reunite so the ending of Kizuna is basically pointless

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty neat! Digimon outranking Pokemon?? Never thought I'd see it, but Digimon is in a bit of a rennaisance right now.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Digimon Pendulum Z has said its idea of Shakkoumon evolution / Armadimon Mega

monmonmemo52_5_july28_2020.jpg

Its SlashAngemon. (No, its not new, its from 2002.)

Will this stick?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like it's Odaiba Memorial already! Lots of pics on Twitter of people in Japan taking pics with their plush in front of the iconic Adventure buildings.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So we got the results for the best scenes in the original four Adventure anime projects

Adventure:
1. The kids saying bye to their Digimon at the end of the seires
2. Wizardmon's death
3. Tai saying goodbye to Kari when he returns to the Digital World

02:
1. Paildramon Jogress
2. TK punching Ken
3. Wormmon's death

Tri:
1. Patamon's confession from part 3
2. The Wake up scene from part 3
3. Omnimon vs Alphamon from part 1

Kizuna:
1. "Tai you've grown bigger" scene
2. Tai blows the whiste
3. City battle

Dang they have Miyazaki and AiM singing the Wada songs. RIP Wada

Miku version of Butterfly and a soundtrack for the first five series is coming.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
This OT has been pretty quiet, so here's some pretty awesome news for the west: the TCG with that new amazing art is returning!!! Been, how many years without the TCG? I feel like they skipped so many and then came back for an expansion or two here that went under most peoples' radar. I think I might look into this (to collect). I wonder if they will go with original dub names or original names or what now. Always so inconsistent :p

digimontcg_promo_september5_2020.jpg

world.digimoncard.com

DIGIMON CARD GAME RELEASE SPECIAL BOOSTER Ver.1.0 [BT01-03] − PRODUCTS|Digimon Card Game

In 2020, a new Digimon card game is born. Digivolve an unstoppable Digimon of your very own to take on all comers!

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know there are some cards that specify species (like "this card affects all Digimon with 'Greymon' in the name") so I wonder how they'll handle some dub names, since it could theoretically affect how certain cards play.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I know there are some cards that specify species (like "this card affects all Digimon with 'Greymon' in the name") so I wonder how they'll handle some dub names, since it could theoretically affect how certain cards play.

Interesting. I feel like the new "official" names have been blending in more original names. In Tri and Kizuna's dub, have they been using the dub names for the team, or now going with their original names?

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I feel like the new "official" names have been blending in more original names. In Tri and Kizuna's dub, have they been using the dub names for the team, or now going with their original names?
Not sure about Kizuna, but I'm pretty sure we got "Omnimon", "Biyomon", and "Gatomon" for Tri. Don't think they'll ever budge on those in particular because of how popular they are. The question is if they remain consistent on the less popular, later season mons, especially the few Frontier ones like BurningGreymon and KendoGarurumon which could cause a "species name problem".

It looks like the Adventure kids are definitely getting their dub names judging by "Tai Kamiya", which like "Gatomon" makes sense because of popularity.

As for attack names, it looks like the three starter decks are going with the Japanese attack names for the title (ie "Gaia" Red), but is that going to transfer to the cards?

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those deck names are weird as hell, two of them use Greek mythology names which have nothing to do with the 2 characters or their partners. Tks is the only name that makes sense.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Gaia Force & Cocytus Breath are things in Japan.

Funny how english Digimon communities hate dub terms usually.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I just prefer using original stuff, especially when Digimon is all over the place with names.

Looks likd the kids' names will be using dub names. Just kind of gets confusing with an official sub of the series running with their actual names. Box toppers should suck trying to get if you aren't picking up entire booster boxes. Any of these decks etc. on pre-order online yet?

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

The only dub names I hate are the ones that butcher the romanization so that the name no longer make sense like Kerpymon or the ones that rename a Digimon to something "more appropriate for the children" like Creepymon.

You also have trouble with names being kept consistent, especially with post Tamers mons, to the point where the original name is just easier to remember. Like if someone watched Data Squad and said "LoadKnightmon is cool", someone who only played Cyber Sleuth would not realize they are referring to Crusadermon.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
20200311012322%21Lordknightmon.jpg

Official Japanese name: Lord Knightmon
Original fansub: Rhodo Knightmon
Digimon Data Squad dub: Load Knightmon
Digimon Cyber Slueth eng: Crusadermon

>_> I threw in the fansub one because they also got it... very wrong :x

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ah I totally forgot, my bad.

I hate the localisations they made like tailmon turned into Spanish cat Mon.
Demon becoming creepymon is the most annoying because digimon having the Mon part incorporated into its name is pretty fun.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There will be a free watch party for Kizuna Oct 3rd. 5 PM Pacific time. It sounds like the movie will be commented over by the cast and might be limited in screen space so keep that in mind.

Doesn't say anything about country restrictions that I could see, but it is going to be on the Toei US Youtube channel.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
Looks likd the kids' names will be using dub names. Just kind of gets confusing with an official sub of the series running with their actual names. Box toppers should suck trying to get if you aren't picking up entire booster boxes. Any of these decks etc. on pre-order online yet?

I just pre-ordered the decks from ToyWiz.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Kizuna subs are using all dubtitles too :/ I only watched Tri via Crunchy where only some characters were dubtitled, but looks like here they are going all in... I'm still buying and watching it, but I just can't stand reading one thing and hearing another :/

Short sub clip released:

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
I just prefer using original stuff, especially when Digimon is all over the place with names.

So is this a functional and fun card game or is it just something for collectors?

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know there's been some unofficial tournaments already with people using Tabletop Simulator and translated cards.

This site has some pretty good links, videos, winning decks, etc. (I use it to look at pretty translated cards. <.<)

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Digimon Japan Twitter confirms that Xros Wars / Fusion Digimon are going to be given official levels now.

Yes, they werent Rookie, Champion etc. Instead they were "Xros Wars" or None, literally. So thats nice.

Adeptfawn

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the Kizuna movie and it was excellent. It was everything I wanted Tri to be and a perfect example of how Digimon stood out (and still stands out) over other 'mon series. It's not afraid of letting its characters grow and when it wants to be sad it will rip your heart out (seriously, the movie's ending was rough)
Have a few questions for anyone's who already watched it though:

1-Did they explain anywhere why the kids were using their cellphones as Digivices? Or is that just something they made up for the movie?
2-Sora got screwed pretty bad by the movie (I was expecting it to be very Tai/Matt focused, but she got screwed far more than anyone else) but thing I'm not quite sure of is what happened to Biyomon. At one point while the gang was fighting Eosmon they showed her clutching her Digivice and it looked petrified. Does that mean her bond to Biyomon was severed before Matt/Tai's?
3-Kinda related to that, during the credits only the younger kids (TK, Kari and the 02 gang) were shown with their Digimon, guess we can assume everyone else had already lost their partners?
4-Does the movie's ending mean the 02 epilogue is no longer cannon?

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear the positive impressions of Kizuna. Still don't like certain designs I saw or the main thrust of the plot, but I'm going into it with an open mind. I made it through the slog of Tri, so as long as it's much better than that, we're good.

Howdy y'all.

Anybody still hyped for Digimon Survive?
Ask me in 20 years when it is finally released. :P
Yeah, I'm still hyped. The new Adventure series hasn't been bad, but I'm excited for new characters and less-used main Digimon.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the Kizuna movie and it was excellent. It was everything I wanted Tri to be and a perfect example of how Digimon stood out (and still stands out) over other 'mon series. It's not afraid of letting its characters grow and when it wants to be sad it will rip your heart out (seriously, the movie's ending was rough)
Have a few questions for anyone's who already watched it though:

1-Did they explain anywhere why the kids were using their cellphones as Digivices? Or is that just something they made up for the movie?
2-Sora got screwed pretty bad by the movie (I was expecting it to be very Tai/Matt focused, but she got screwed far more than anyone else) but thing I'm not quite sure of is what happened to Biyomon. At one point while the gang was fighting Eosmon they showed her clutching her Digivice and it looked petrified. Does that mean her bond to Biyomon was severed before Matt/Tai's?
3-Kinda related to that, during the credits only the younger kids (TK, Kari and the 02 gang) were shown with their Digimon, guess we can assume everyone else had already lost their partners?
4-Does the movie's ending mean the 02 epilogue is no longer cannon?

1 - The phones were created by Koushiro. When Taichi switches his phone off, the OS name is shown to called Izumi. No reason is given for why he created them but it was presumably to make communication a lot easier.
2 - Yes, Sora lost Piyomon before Taichi and Yamato. We are shown her Digivice at the beginning of the movie and it has already started the countdown and had only a few bars of light left.
3 - Yep, the older kids had lost their Digimon by that point.
4 - According to an interview, the 02 epilogue is still canon. They will get their Digimon back at some point.