• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
How would you guys rank the anime series? The last time I thought about it there were only five:
Tamers > Adventure > Savers > Frontier > 02 > Xros Wars = Appli Monsters > Boy Hunters

I'm not really confident in my feelings on Xros Wars vs Appli Monsters

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Adventure>Savers>Tamers>02>Frontier>Xros Wars

Not watched anything past the first 30 eps of Xros Wars so that's all I can say now.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Tamers > Savers > Adventure > Appmon > Frontier > Xros Wars > 02

I've only watched the dub for everything except Appmon and the Boy Hunters arc for Xros Wars.

Tamers is top because I love it's character's, main Digimon designs, and story.

Savers is great once Kurata is introduced.

Adventure takes a while to get going but once it hits the Myotismon/Vamdemon arc it gets really good.

I need to rewatch Appmon to finalise it's placing. From what I remember, it's great when it focuses on its plot but there's too many light hearted fillerish episodes that come along when it starts to get really interesting.

Frontier was really good right up until the point it became the Takuya and Koiji show with the Royal Knights kicking their ass every episode. I think if it skipped the Royal Knights arc and went straight to Lucemon being freed after Cherubimon was defeated I would rate it more highly.

Xros Wars. I include the Boy Hunters arc with this as I feel it's part of the same series. I enjoyed the first two arcs and would rate them about equal to Frontier. The Boy Hunters arc however is probably the least interesting thing I've ever watched in the series and probably the one arc of Digimon that I will never rewatch.

02 is enjoyable at times but I'm not a huge fan of it's cast and Digimon. The Kaiser arc is pretty good, but then it goes into the Destiny Stone arc with BlackWarGreymon kicking their ass every episode and destroying the stones which is a bit boring after a while and then it finishes by bringing Myotismon/Vamdemon back after introducing an interesting villain in Daemon and doing nothing with him. The stuff with the Dark Ocean was annoying too, because it pops up for a couple of episodes and nothing is done with it. I feel like there's a lot of wasted potential with 02.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I haven't watched Applimon and consider Boy Hunters different from Xros Wars S1 & S2.

Adventure > Tamers > Savers > Xros Wars > Frontier > 02 > Boy Hunters

Boy Hunter wasn't even that bad with ideas, just entirely unnecessary after the first two seasons of Xros Wars. Where 02 went wrong is retreading its predecessor too much.

Oct 25, 2017
Tamers>Savers>Appmon>Adventure>Xros Wars>Frontier>02>Young Hunters

Tamers is the clear #1 for me. Appmon and Adventure are pretty close, but the final few episodes of Appmon really put it over the top for me. I genuinely love everything aside from 02 and Young Hunters.

I still need to rewatch Savers and Xros Wars, though. Everything else I've rewatched recently (aside from Appmon obviously since it just aired).

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I guess for me...

Tamers > 02 > Savers > Adventure > Frontier

I haven't even given Xros Wars or anything after it a chance. The only reason 02 is so high up though is because I'm fond of Armor Digimon (Magnamon being my favorite Digimon above all), and I enjoyed the plot of the series up to the defeat the Digimon Emperor. Tamers just kept me hooked with the story.

I have seen Tri and the X-Evolution movie but have a difficult time placing them since Tri isn't finished and I'm hoping the final OVA will redeem it for me (I'm not enjoying it) and I havent seen the X-Evolution film in years and based on youtube vids, the animation hasn't aged well, and I shouldn't entirely fault it for that.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Tamers > Savers > Adventure > Appmon > Frontier > Xros Wars > 02

I've only watched the dub for everything except Appmon and the Boy Hunters arc for Xros Wars.

Tamers is top because I love it's character's, main Digimon designs, and story.

Savers is great once Kurata is introduced.

Adventure takes a while to get going but once it hits the Myotismon/Vamdemon arc it gets really good.

I need to rewatch Appmon to finalise it's placing. From what I remember, it's great when it focuses on its plot but there's too many light hearted fillerish episodes that come along when it starts to get really interesting.

Frontier was really good right up until the point it became the Takuya and Koiji show with the Royal Knights kicking their ass every episode. I think if it skipped the Royal Knights arc and went straight to Lucemon being freed after Cherubimon was defeated I would rate it more highly.

Xros Wars. I include the Boy Hunters arc with this as I feel it's part of the same series. I enjoyed the first two arcs and would rate them about equal to Frontier. The Boy Hunters arc however is probably the least interesting thing I've ever watched in the series and probably the one arc of Digimon that I will never rewatch.

02 is enjoyable at times but I'm not a huge fan of it's cast and Digimon. The Kaiser arc is pretty good, but then it goes into the Destiny Stone arc with BlackWarGreymon kicking their ass every episode and destroying the stones which is a bit boring after a while and then it finishes by bringing Myotismon/Vamdemon back after introducing an interesting villain in Daemon and doing nothing with him. The stuff with the Dark Ocean was annoying too, because it pops up for a couple of episodes and nothing is done with it. I feel like there's a lot of wasted potential with 02.

This is my exact order as well except I haven't seen Xros Wars or Appmon. For me there's a decent drop off after Savers and a massive drop off after Frontier.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Watching tri: Confession now, going to skip class tomorrow night and watch tri: Loss in the theater.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Watching tri: Confession now, going to skip class tomorrow night and watch tri: Loss in the theater.
The intro to Loss is more of what I wanted out of Tri. Alas, it's followed by what I find to be the weakest of the movies. Too bad Confession didn't get a theater screening, since that's my favorite.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Loss just finished showing, don't know how he was in the Japanese version, but Gennai made me a bit uncomfortable in this one.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
^^ He made uncomfortable in the Japanese version too. It's one of many reasons Loss is my least favorite. Digimon doesn't need that shit.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Loss is my least favorite of them all so far. The beginning is fantastic but the rest is terrible. I'll feel bad for people who marathon through these as the first two episodes of the next one are just as bad before it finally picks up again.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm just glad that my friend who had never watched an episode of Digimon before, enjoyed Loss and wants to see more. I warned him that the original series has aged, but he's down for it haha.

Oct 25, 2017
Beelzebmon and Impmon arrived.
DVDxB3nUMAEcJAo.jpg
DVDx2eGVoAUmODs.jpg

I just had to take that picture with Leomon.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
New Trailer for Tri part 6.

https://withthewill.net/threads/198...21924eabba0705ad3c4e96cb9&p=334623#post334623

Who wins the Tailmon Megabowl??

What old nostalgic enemy is popping up in the trailer???

Find out today!

Magnadramon is the mega, Devimon makes cameo at least.
This one reveal has immediately redeemed Tri as a series for me after the last two mediocre releases.
HOLYDRAMON FOR THE FUCKING WIN I'M SO HAPPY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Still kinda pressed Wargreymon, Metalgarurumon, Seraphimon nor ____ are on any of the posters though.

Last edited:

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to why
Gennai is going with the Digimon Emperor...maybe?
again.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
yo, anybody remember Digimon World 2?

I just started another motherfucking playthrough of that cancer of a game. Looks like I'm getting more use out of my Ps3 other than for Netflix

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Have you played the DS titles? They are the best Digimon games after the CS series imo. Digimon World Dusk and Dawn are still up there in my top 10 DS games.
nope, I did not have a DS so I missed out on a bunch of those Digimon games unfortunately. CS2 flopped, but I hope it's not the end for Digimon Story games. I didn't play the latest World game on Ps4 either but I heard it's really hard

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
yo, anybody remember Digimon World 2?

I just started another motherfucking playthrough of that cancer of a game. Looks like I'm getting more use out of my Ps3 other than for Netflix

I haven't gone back to it since you brought it up in the old forum. I may start another playthrough one day but likely never.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't gone back to it since you brought it up in the old forum. I may start another playthrough one day but likely never.
I do recall someone in the community thread at the old place saying they got back to DMW2, was that you?

And if it is, I don't blame you for (likely) never starting another playthrough. I'm not sure what it is that makes me keep coming back to it. Man I remember being 10 years old and playing it for the first time ever

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I do recall someone in the community thread at the old place saying they got back to DMW2, was that you?

And if it is, I don't blame you for (likely) never starting another playthrough. I'm not sure what it is that makes me keep coming back to it. Man I remember being 10 years old and playing it for the first time ever

Yeah it was (unknownstranger). I still have barely touched any game I bought on Black Friday except for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I still haven't touched Horizon: Zero Dawn or Nier: Automata and I've only put a few hours into Crash Bandicoot: N'Sane Trilogy. I've still just stuck to Runescape with some Shadow of the Colossus (main reason I don't have my old avatar) and Celeste in between.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it was (unknownstranger). I still have barely touched any game I bought on Black Friday except for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I still haven't touched Horizon: Zero Dawn or Nier: Automata and I've only put a few hours into Crash Bandicoot: N'Sane Trilogy. I've still just stuck to Runescape with some Shadow of the Colossus (main reason I don't have my old avatar) and Celeste in between.
I beat Cyber Sleuth a couple weeks ago, I've been playing Monster Hunter World but I'm unemployed at the moment :\ so I left home to visit my parents, where I have my Ps3 and since I still have Digimon in my head I figured I would just start this damn game again

Monster Hunter is great and I can play it whenever I want via remote play but I just don't understand what to do on these "expeditions" there's too much depth to this game

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
there's something i've been wondering for a very long time. is the MetalGreymon on the Digimon World cover smiling? Like, really hard? If not, it's hard to unsee

tamer%2Bunion%2Bgreymon.jpg

that's the biggest picture I could find, but here is the actual cover

Digimonworld.jpg

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
It just looks like he has mouth closed but teeth visible.

But man that looks goofy now that I see it.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
220px-Digimonworld3boxart.jpg

Bad Digimon boxart?
Good game, bad art.

I've been wanting to replay World 3 for a while now but the constant encounters and backtracking has put me off. Maybe one day I'll beat it once more.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm feeling the same about 2. Is there a way to record Ps3 gameplay? I wanna put some of the boss fights on my Youtube channel

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Pre-orders open on February 16th for 20,736 yen

*screams* It's big... it's expensive... the only stores online they carry it require immediate payment... but I need it and it's gorgeous (precious)!

Sucks that only Amiami Japan can carry it. I hate when half a line from Bandai turn into online exclusives :/

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is cute but just one isn't enough!
Also, is Renamon the more popular Mon between the three?

I'd say Terriermon is the most popular. It gets the most merch (probably the most out of Child Digimon outside the Adventure 8), appears more in game advertising (Cyber Sleuth, Heroes, etc.), and has tons of cute official images compared to the other two.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Saintgalgomon was always... meh to me. He's a rabbit mech... he spins....

Sakuyamon > Dukemon > Justimon > Saintgalgomon

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, thought Saintgalgomon was a new Digimon but I guess that's the Japanese name.

I need to finish Japanese Tamers.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Terriermon is the most popular. It gets the most merch (probably the most out of Child Digimon outside the Adventure 8), appears more in game advertising (Cyber Sleuth, Heroes, etc.), and has tons of cute official images compared to the other two.
And yet still no Jianliang and Terriermon GEM while we've gotten both Takato/Guilmon and Ruki/Renamon.