• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friday. We're so god damn close.
Agumon looks super cute in the avatar of the digimon twitter

s5apHkglRbCX2ieqicagsw.png
Awwwwwww

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised that Movie 4 blu ray isn't up for pre-order yet (in NA). Movie 3 went up really fast after Movie 2's release.
I know they weren't planning to dub past part 3 if sales weren't successful, so it might have to do with that?
Friday. We're so god damn close.

Awwwwwww
That Twitter account barely delivers on Digimon reference book updates, but gosh darn, it has cute pictures.
BE3UG6yl.jpg

ATZ66jPl.jpg

v1j71dOl.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I know they weren't planning to dub past part 3 if sales weren't successful, so it might have to do with that?

That Twitter account barely delivers on Digimon reference book updates, but gosh darn, it has cute pictures.
BE3UG6yl.jpg

ATZ66jPl.jpg

v1j71dOl.jpg

I know the screenings in the west went pretty well, and I think some showings were held-over as well. They are even showing them all again as well. The discs even got a wider releasing, showing up at Targets, Walmarts and such. I hope they did well enough... Would suck to only be able to own half of them... :( ...those pics are really cute though.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No Guilmon yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got something around the Tamers Blu-ray release.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2018/01/digimon-realize-announced-smartphones

Time for Linkz to get the plug-pulled soon then? I still want to "beat" the main adventure in Links, but geeze is it ever a drag... The evolution system is annoying... the fighting system is annoying.. The roles have terrible odds against you (unless you save up enough for 10 rolls at once, but every 10 singular rolls still does not give you a high-rank Digimon >_>) Yeah, I'm bitter :x

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2018/01/digimon-realize-announced-smartphones

Time for Linkz to get the plug-pulled soon then? I still want to "beat" the main adventure in Links, but geeze is it ever a drag... The evolution system is annoying... the fighting system is annoying.. The roles have terrible odds against you (unless you save up enough for 10 rolls at once, but every 10 singular rolls still does not give you a high-rank Digimon >_>) Yeah, I'm bitter :x

>
our source describes the game style as close to Digimon World, and the Digi-Town as something like Animal Crossing.

Don't do this to me random source. Linkz is trash, it had 0 story. I don't think BN do fair F2P games though.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Is Tri over?

I forgot all of what I watched and fell behind. I'll buy the whole thing on Bluray if it's done already

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
the dub doesn't even have the same voice actors as adventure 1&2 right? so i don't care about that

i'm guessing there'll be a box set of this in the summer when the series is over?

The dub has a mix of old and new voice actors. They managed to get the original Tai back, along with Sora, Izzy, and Mimi. Matt, Joe, T.K. and Kari are all replaced by new actors.
Digimon wise I think it's only Gatomon/Tailmon who has a new VA.

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
the dub doesn't even have the same voice actors as adventure 1&2 right? so i don't care about that

They have a number of VAs back, others were recast (ie Tai and Agumon's VAs are the same)

i'm guessing there'll be a box set of this in the summer when the series is over?

In the west, no. Not until the dub is done. Don't think Japan is getting a box set any time soon as to not interfere with the individual releases.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
The dub has a mix of old and new voice actors. They managed to get the original Tai back, along with Sora, Izzy, and Mimi. Matt, Joe, T.K. and Kari are all replaced by new actors.
Digimon wise I think it's only Gatomon/Tailmon who has a new VA.

They have a number of VAs back, others were recast (ie Tai and Agumon's VAs are the same)

In the west, no. Not until the dub is done. Don't think Japan is getting a box set any time soon as to not interfere with the individual releases.
oh, fuck. I guess it'll be another waiting game

interesting to see that a lot of the voice actors are back though, I wasn't expecting that. ugh, why couldn't they get TK & Kari tho...

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who prefers subs > dubs, I can't deny that the original Adventure dub cast was very good. All very fitting. Tentomon was a little annoying (went for an Alpha-5 sound), but he's always had a weird voice.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
oh, fuck. I guess it'll be another waiting game

interesting to see that a lot of the voice actors are back though, I wasn't expecting that. ugh, why couldn't they get TK & Kari tho...

Funnily enough they did get TK's 02 VA but he's playing Daigo in Tri for some reason. Johnny Yong Bosch voices TK in Tri.
As for Kari they never asked her original VA to come back. Her new voice is done by Tara Sands. It took me a while to get used to the new voice for Kari but I think it fits pretty well.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I su
Funnily enough they did get TK's 02 VA but he's playing Daigo in Tri for some reason. Johnny Yong Bosch voices TK in Tri.
As for Kari they never asked her original VA to come back. Her new voice is done by Tara Sands. It took me a while to get used to the new voice for Kari but I think it fits pretty well.
I suppose I would enjoy it more if it were English instead of Japanese, but I liked those subbed episodes I watched back in the day. Is crunchyroll still the only way to watch it?

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who prefers subs > dubs, I can't deny that the original Adventure dub cast was very good. All very fitting. Tentomon was a little annoying (went for an Alpha-5 sound), but he's always had a weird voice.
Tentomon was one of the best va's in the dub for me, he had a large role commentating on a lot of things so I guess it also made sense for his voice to be easily distinguishable since he has the accent in Japanese as well. megakabuterimon is where it got weird https://youtu.be/oSwzHItmK0U

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much all the English dub voices were bad. I guess Koushirou and Taichi were kind of tolerable from time to time.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I feel like Tri gets worse and worse each OVA... it just infuriates me how they keep ignoring the 2nd season kids

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to watching Coexistence.

I'm so baffled by this series. My expectations were tempered by the first couple, but they keep finding ways to lower the bar. This one felt like they had a bet to see how many scenes of the kids trying to convince meiko that she isn't a bad partner or to not give up hope they could fit into an hour and a half. There's just so much else they could have dedicated time to.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The lack of explanation as to what happened to them is causing nothing but plot holes and honestly I feel it also brings the original kid's foresight into question.
They never questioned why Imperialdramon attacked them.
Never questioned why "Ken" was the Digimon emperor and attacked them.
Never crossed their minds as to the possibility Veemon, Wormon, Hawkmon or Armadillomon might be infected as well.
Never even thought about them during the "reboot".

I understand Tri wants to focus on the first generation but you can't just keep IGNORING an entire season of cast/story and decide to just keep Imperialdramon, the Digimon Emperor persona and Kari/TK's D2 Digivice models. I know S2 was a friggen mess, I'm not even a huge fan of Season 2, but the continuity problem really irks me.
The more it goes on the stupider it gets.
I don't need an entire episode dedicated, but have like, 5 minutes of the season 2 kids being acknowledged that they're missing, or in a coma and their Digimon are missing or something. Explain shiiiiiiiit. They lost the ability to ignore it when they introduced imperialdramon as an enemy.

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
They never questioned why Imperialdramon attacked them.
Never questioned why "Ken" was the Digimon emperor and attacked them.
Never crossed their minds as to the possibility Veemon, Wormon, Hawkmon or Armadillomon might be infected as well.
Never even thought about them during the "reboot".

Tbf, this could all be solved by Memory issues (we're talking about a world where the original 8 were 'scanned' digitally to make the credits/digivices back in Hikarigaoka/Highton View Terrace when all the kids were young after all) as a result of some enemy from the Digital World doing that to them and possibly at the same time kidnapping/teleporting the 02 cast away.

I mean, the one reason I'm not bringing this up much outside of responding to people who are talking about it is, I'm waiting to see what the final Tri part does before I critique it.

I mean yes, it could also bring up the fact that "if they have memory issues then why did they know who Imperialdramon/Ken was" but we have no idea what has been done to their memories if anything at all.

I know that seems like a cop-out but I've been wondering this from day 1 ever since the original trailer about "This world has chosen a path that shouldn't have been chosen" (or something like that) but things could have changed since the original trailers.

So I'll wait and see how the final part turns out before commenting on what I perceive as plot holes or inconsistencies in the story.

Just gotta wait til Summer. I hope the half year wait means that more time will have gone into this but we'll see I guess.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Tri gets worse and worse each OVA... it just infuriates me how they keep ignoring the 2nd season kids

Part one was meh. Part two was bad outside of like 2 scenes. Part 3 was legitimately good. Part 4 was terrible outside of the first 5 minutes. Part 5 had good action and really bad everything else.

I'm still more positive on Tri than most people but I get the complaints.

Oct 26, 2017
Remember how people always said that for Digimon the show was great and the games kinda average(especially when comparisons to Pokemon were being made)?

How the tides have turned.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Amazon delayed my Hacker's memory order until Tuesday now :(

Mine still says it'll be in tomorrow by 8pm. I live real close to a warehouse, so that's probably why. Normally I go through Best Buy, but I had an issue with not getting a pre-order code from them, and didn't want to get screwed with this code (cause you can't buy).

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine still says it'll be in tomorrow by 8pm. I live real close to a warehouse, so that's probably why. Normally I go through Best Buy, but I had an issue with not getting a pre-order code from them, and didn't want to get screwed with this code (cause you can't buy).
It's frustrating but this is the first time they have ever done this to me so I'll let it slide. It's going to be hard looking at the OT while I'm still waiting on my copy.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's frustrating but this is the first time they have ever done this to me so I'll let it slide. It's going to be hard looking at the OT while I'm still waiting on my copy.

Amazon has been doing this a lot lately with release date delivery on games. I see it all over on here, probably varies from warehouse location :/

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ludomon without armor and TheiaLudomon's(?) shield form. There isn't a non-scan picture of regular TheiaLudomon yet. Some are guessing that Durandamon and Ludomon's Mega will make an Omegamon-like dude, since they follow a dinosaur-ish vs wolf-ish theme.
kbOk69A.jpg

hlTtmZDl.jpg

WOdGrX4l.jpg

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Amazon sent me a faulty preorder code for my Digimon game, I'm waiting for them to correct it before I start Cyber Sleuth 2 >:(