• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Agumon asking Taichi if he remembers how they met in Kizuna is funny given that this should be post-Tri Agumon without any recollection of that whatsoever. Not like I can blame them for ignoring that baffling writing decision. Did I say yet that I despise Digimon Tri? For what it's worth, Kizuna seems to be shaping up to be a lot more enjoyable.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Agumon asking Taichi if he remembers how they met in Kizuna is funny given that this should be post-Tri Agumon without any recollection of that whatsoever. Not like I can blame them for ignoring that baffling writing decision. Did I say yet that I despise Digimon Tri? For what it's worth, Kizuna seems to be shaping up to be a lot more enjoyable.

Is Kizuna officially a Tri sequel, or are they just sort of brushing all that aside?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
From what I read, there are some nods to Tri in the movie, though I won't spoil the specifics.

Got it. I haven't looked into too many trailers for it, but couldn't remember if it was a retcon or not. TV show sure will be! I sure hope Crunchy will have both, especially since there's no local theaters showing Kizuna (and I jist prefer watching anime movies at home, anyways).

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait...that amnesia plot sticks?

I haven't watched Tri but I assumed that was retconned by the end?

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
There is Elecmon who evolves to Leomon in ReArise. There is also event where Beelzemon basically bullies the Leomon lol

So yeah, Elecmon kinda now connects to Leomon. Thats a major NPC Evolution line.

Also Crusader I think had Elecmon evolve to Jupitermon(Elecmon-Aegiomon-Aegiochusmon-Jupitermon) if you want your Data and Thunder connection.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still pissed the grizzled veteran Elecmon in the first Frontier ED never actually appeared in the show.

I've been thinking a lot of Frontier lately...give that series a fresh reboot.

You mean the Digimon losing their memories? They got their memories back in the final tri movie.
Okay good.

I heard about that and was like "WHAT", and assumed it was just a gimmick.

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't a character in that game have Elecmon?

Yeah, Keito has Elecmon who digivolves to Leomon. Hearing Fist of the Beast King from him was pretty nice and unlike in Tamers, he is sticking around from what I've seen haha.

Other characters up to where I am (Act 13) have: Herissmon, Salamon/Gatomon, Dorumon/Dorugamon and Kudamon/Reppamon.

Plus a random Agumon who is voiced by the same English VA for Agumon from Adventure.

Overall, while the gameplay is good enough for a mobile game and it includes all the usual Gatcha stuff and stuff, I'm really enjoying the story and can't wait for more updates to it. It feels very much like an anime series complete with a preview of the next episode and a classic Japanese ender line to the preview.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Japanese trailers spoiled the new movie evolutions again.

1581930331573.png

1581933003465.png

Like clockwork.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to save it as a surprise but peeked anyways... Well, that's certainly something... I uhhh... huh...

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had a dream last night they had a teaser at the end of the film for a Frontier movie. 😭

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Well it confirmed that Butterfly isn't returning for the new series and I'm guessing the same is true for Brave Heart. That's going to take some time getting used to.

Digimon Adventure (2020) music info
OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
From WTW:

The opening theme will be "Mikakunin Hikousen" (Unidentified airship) by Tanimoto Takayoshi.

He's performed theme songs for Dragon Ball Z Kai, Transformers Superlink, Zatch Bell, and he is no stranger to Digimon fans either, having done a number of Digimon songs in the past:
One Vision in Digimon Tamers
Miracle Maker from Digimon World 3 (with Wada Kouji and AiM)
Dark Knight -The Invincible Champion- in Digimon Xros Wars
Evolution & DigiXros Version Taiki in Digimon Xros Wars (with Wada Kouji)
Evolution & DigiXros Version Kiriha in Digimon Xros Wars (with Wada Kouji)
We Are Xros Heart Ver. X7 in Digimon Xros Wars (with Wada Kouji and Ayumi Miyazaki)

He was also one of the singers for the 10th Odaiba Memorial song- "A Door into the Future ~Ever Since That Summer Day~" with Wada Kouji, AiM, Hassy, Sammy, and Ohta Michihiko.

Adventure: OP, ED, and BGM Music Info

On top of the trailer we have some music details for Digimon Adventure:! The opening theme will be "Mikakunin Hikousen" (Unidentified airship) by Tanimoto Takayoshi. He's performed theme songs for Dragon Ball Z Kai, Transformers Superlink, Zatch Bell, and he is no stranger to Digimon fans...

Digimon Adventure (2020) Character Art/Descriptions
OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

Adventure: Character Art and Profiles

On top of everything else, we get the new clean character art and profiles for everyone! Update- All the translations are up! Taichi Yagami: 5th grader. He is an 11-year-old with a fierce sense of responsibility who would rather act for someone else rather than for himself. When he's...

And finally some character art and descriptions.

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Just found out that Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage had a collab with Digimon for the movie

Only 2 songs but still good ones.

I Wish:

Butterfly:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

They got some most of the Digimon back, but everyone else is different. Some were to be expected due to deaths.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Tailmon's Japan VA is only who changed from partners. Is she busy or retiring?

Also Grandma Goku & Bread Dragon Masako Nowaza is the narrator.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Medabots fans rejoice!

twitter.com

デジモンウェブ公式 on Twitter

“デジモン図鑑に新デジモン『オメダモン』を大公開! 別次元のデジタルワールドから迷い込んだ正体不明の聖機士デジモン。詳細なプロフィールは、デジモン図鑑でチェック!⇒https://t.co/5T3AtQP8FE #1997年同級生 #液晶玩具 #エイプリルフール #デジモン #メダロット”

twitter.com

【公式】メダロット社 on Twitter

“【重大ニュース】 20世紀末に流行した“とあるゲーム”のデータを参考に開発されたといわれている聖騎士の姿をした謎のメダロット『オメガナイツ』の情報が解禁されました! #1997年同級生 #エイプリルフール #メダロット #デジモン”

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's just their live action studio afaik at the moment but with Toei temporarily shutting down after the the new Sentai Red Ranger tested positive I do wonder if their anime such as this will be effected.

Obviously I imagine the first half of the show is probably ready to go but like if it's 52-some episodes I could see perhaps some stuff causing the latter half to take longer to record.

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
It's just their live action studio afaik at the moment but with Toei temporarily shutting down after the the new Sentai Red Ranger tested positive I do wonder if their anime such as this will be effected.

What seriously? wow

so the current sentai show will be pausing I'm guessing due to this.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yooooooooooooo.

I wish they did that with Appmon so more people saw it.

No kidding. But hey, it's Adventure, the one season that's the only one to get all these sequels and junk :x I'm just reallllly glad it didn't get locked in Netflix jail, since Japan would be airing in there as well. Still crossing my fingers that Kizuna will be available too. I'll buy it regardless, but I still wanna see it first :/