• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
But the anniversary is this year, not next year.

Delayed as well as Tri did. Will it actually get itself together and be good? Or will it be another movie like Tri aka not good?

How many people here hate Tri?

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
But the anniversary is this year, not next year.

Delayed as well as Tri did. Will it actually get itself together and be good? Or will it be another movie like Tri aka not good?

How many people here hate Tri?

I didn't hate Tri but I wasn't big on it either. It was kinda meh in the end.
I'm pretty tired of Adventure stuff right now so I'm not even that interested in this new project.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least we get renewed interest in the franchise leading to new games, some nice merch and artwork.
That poster is simple but nostalgic.

I agree with the above poster regarding the fanbase and Tri. I think most people are just dissapointed in it, there isn't huge amounts of hate.
I'm actually surprised by the % of the fanbase that actively like Tri.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about Tri was them cementing Holydramon as the canon mega for Gatomon.

Ophani stans are still seething to this day. I love it.

I really enjoyed the artstyle too and with a bigger budget there's no doubt some of the fights woulda slayed. Like the mega battle royale in both the 5th and 6th OVAs had the potential to be epic, but alas.

Also Meiko was awful, but what disliked most was how Hikari still didn't have a proper character arc and Sora's was done awfully.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really hate Tri as well, as I completely don't give a shit about it.

Tri should be a huge stain on a childhood franchise dear to me, so I should be angry about its bad quality. But I'm really not. I literally don't care that it can be seen as objectively terrible series. Heck, I almost find it funny its seen as the worst anime show for Digimon. At least its a contender lol.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Hate is a strong word. Do I think it is the worst Digimon show ever made? Yes. Am I flabbergasted we are getting a continuation of this poor produce? Yes.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I still place Boy Hunters at that position :/

At least Boy Hunters looked good. It had that distinct old school Digimon look to it. Of course, I was disappointed the style was wasted on a subpar show. Then you have TRI, which couldn't even wow me visually. I mean, it did wow me with half-minute shots entirely motionless many times over.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

㊗ ️ Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary 👏 20 years ago today, Koramon and Parotmon, these two bodies move on the screen Digimon Adventure started today, I 📽️'m 😊 🎊 very happy with two of these days. Digimon Adventure! Adventure evolves #デジモン #Digimon #デジアド20 from now on

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hope after this movie they get Adventure (at the very least, the OG Adventure cast) out of their system and we can move on. I should be more excited for something like this considering Adventure is my second favorite season, but Tri was just so bland. I never thought something would make me appreciate the poorly paced and terribly wasted potential of 02.

This new movie could be cool though and I don't want to be too down about it. Considering it seems to be standalone, it has a shot to avoid the meandering of Tri.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
This new movie could be cool though and I don't want to be too down about it. Considering it seems to be standalone, it has a shot to avoid the meandering of Tri.

TRI could have been decent as a 1h30m movie, the empty padding really was one of the worst things about it. So I agree with you that this has the potential to be much better.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to watching Coexistence, and it was actually not bad. I fell asleep through the first time I watched it but I liked some the dialogue, more hinting at TK/Kari

But that one Digimon at the end, goddamn that design was not only creepy but so sexualized

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
You must hate Angewomon :( Even Toei thought she was too much for a global figure release...
Nah not necessarily. Angewomon is great, but there have been other feminine Digimon designs that are ridiculous. I might've even seen a post of a collage of em all in that thread in the gaming section

Rosemon's design is cool too but they make it a point to have her tits jiggle when she moves/digivolves, I just find shit like that to be so tasteless

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Not a fan of Tri. The antagonists and writing was a mess, the plot just felt forced. Sigh such a disappointment.

I hope they move on to milking the Tamers nostalgia next, at least that may be more mature in its tone.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
So there is gonna be another movie about the OG digidestined?

Is this a sequel to Tri?

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
TRI could have been decent as a 1h30m movie, the empty padding really was one of the worst things about it. So I agree with you that this has the potential to be much better.

Yeah, it definitely would be 10x better without the pointless asides. Every time they brought something remotely interesting to the table, they'd follow it up with streches of nothing. It was like entire movies full of filler.

But that one Digimon at the end, goddamn that design was not only creepy but so sexualized

Yeah, Ordinemon is probably one the ugliest yet weirdly sexualized designs I've ever seen. I feel like the Digimon designers need to start covering a wider variety of feminine designs. I like Digimon like Angewomon, but not almost every new female Digimon needs to be scantily-clad boobs-in-your-face, ya know? Sakuyamon X-Antibody is some shit.

So there is gonna be another movie about the OG digidestined?

Is this a sequel to Tri?

Seems like it. Hope they can improve with this one.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Tri just felt so dull and lifeless :( I haven't even bothered to watch the last film and it doesn't seem like I missed much. I really hope the new movie will be better

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just ordered the Omegamon GEM because this picture convinced me. No regrets
Agon1551917216.jpeg

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping with the death of the Vita Switch will be getting some Digimon games. I remember seeing one awhile back but idk what happened to it.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Ordinemon is probably one the ugliest yet weirdly sexualized designs I've ever seen. I feel like the Digimon designers need to start covering a wider variety of feminine designs. I like Digimon like Angewomon, but not almost every new female Digimon needs to be scantily-clad boobs-in-your-face, ya know? Sakuyamon X-Antibody is some shit.
I haven't learned what that digimon's name is yet, but I also just found out from this thread that Magnadramon is Gatomon's canon mega form. Why the hate for Ophanimon?
Seems like it. Hope they can improve with this one.
FYI I haven't finished Tri yet, got this last chapter to go.

Still wondering if the digidestined were on the titanic. They showed that ship again in Coexistence

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Magnadramon was the original and more unique Mega.

It is true that Ophanimon would fit thematically with Seraphimon, but to be frank, if you use Magnadramon, then Angewomon is the weirdest form of Tailmon's evolution line. Using Ophanimon just makes the line from Holy Animal to another Angel which is less unique, even if Ophanimon herself isn't that bad design.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
alright, i'm about halfway through the final chapter of tri.

in adventure 1, Angemon was able to hold his own against Piedmon and even dealt some damage. Piedmon was no match for MagnaAngemon. But a sneak attack from DEVIMON is enough to put MagnaAngemon out of commission? What is this bullshit storytelling

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
hold up, there are a bunch of people with Greymon avatars. wtf?

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
Hi folks. Do any of you know about a North American run of the 20th Anniversary Digivice that came out in Japan a couple years ago? I read online that they were coming this August, but I don't see anything from an official source. There is however an EBGames Canada listing.

I would love for it to be true since the OG digimon vitrual pets are kinda expensive on the secondhand market, and I'd much rather pay $20 USD for a brand new one as you can imagine. Let me know if any of you have heard anything. Thanks!

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Hi folks. Do any of you know about a North American run of the 20th Anniversary Digivice that came out in Japan a couple years ago? I read online that they were coming this August, but I don't see anything from an official source. There is however an EBGames Canada listing.

I would love for it to be true since the OG digimon vitrual pets are kinda expensive on the secondhand market, and I'd much rather pay $20 USD for a brand new one as you can imagine. Let me know if any of you have heard anything. Thanks!
It's true and is currently available for pre-order in person at Gamestop in the US.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I appreciate it. Do you know if it's exclusive to that one retailer or did they just jump the gun before anyone else? It's frustrating that I can't find any official press release, lol.
Currently only at Gamestop in US, EB Games in Canada, and the equivalent in Australia. I think it's exclusive but I dunno for sure due to lack of information.
From the one outlet I know of that got a production model from Bandai its an exact replica of the DM20th devices, only in English and they removed Digimon Codes. In Japan they let you get a code for your Digimon, type it in online, and compete in online tournaments.
We don't know how the color exclusive eggs are distributed yet either.