• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
I like Holydramon as a design standpoint, but not in that evo line...
The whole evolution line for this Digimon is messed up, it starts as Cat then Dog then Cat again then Angel then Dragon
I mean make up your mind already, that's why I prefer Ophanimon because she is the only consistent thing about Tailmon

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind, just because it's there does not mean that will be in the actual movie.

Like seriously, who knows with Toei.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I always appreciated them going with Magnadramon over a second angel. Why do we need a copy of Seraphimon? Sure, Patamon and Gatomon are supposed to be two sides of one coin, but having some individuality for at least their mega forms really does not hurt. In fact it fits their base forms, which are very different from one another as well.

Regarding this new project: I am very glad this is a movie and not another OVA series. The shorter the runtime of this, the less needless filler dragging things out. Well, one can only hope. This can only be better than TRI in any case.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Wait are they officially using Ophanimon or is that amazing screw up? Also they put 02 designs but not not Tri desgins hehe.
I like Magnadramon too. Sure, they could pair up Patamon & Tailmon even better, but Magnadramon is more unique. It has also feline look for dragon. Tailmon has at least 2nd most confusing anime evolution line with Blob - Cat - Dog - Cat - Angel -Dragon.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that even an official video? All the video transitions are basic(which is fine since its a teaser) , but this in addition to the final image having differing levels of quality (not to mention shadows/art style) + I'm pretty sure i've seen Hercules Kabuterimon and Seraphimon/Opahnimon in those poses in other art.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Is that even an official video? All the video transitions are basic(which is fine since its a teaser) , but this in addition to the final image having differing levels of quality (not to mention shadows/art style) + I'm pretty sure i've seen Hercules Kabuterimon and Seraphimon/Opahnimon in those poses in other art.

You are asking if Digimon, the franchise spending at least five minutes every episode on recycled evolution animations, would reuse art in promotional material?

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are asking if Digimon, the franchise spending at least five minutes every episode on recycled evolution animations, would reuse art in promotional material?
I can't see it being something Toei would release, just compare the Tri. Teasers, they didn't release anything until the designs were finalised.
Don't get me started on Tri's animation, that was my biggest complaint, but the promo stuff for Tri. was never this shoddy.

That teaser also isn't on any of the official japanese accounts.

Finally, that Seraphimon at the very least is straight from Frontier according to wikimon:
https://wikimon.net/File:Seraphimon.gif

Edit:
Same for Ophanimon:
https://wikimon.net/File:Ofanimon2.jpg

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Okay looking it up, Vikemon especially is from PSP Adventure game artwork. So they reused that one or this is not official teaser which it might not be due to Ophanimon.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Are any of the manga (and anime? Not sure if this exists) that focus on the v-pet side of things worthwhile? I've been a Digimon fan forever but my main interest has always been the v-pets and to a lesser extent the video games. I just really like the tone of the old v-pet art and always wondered if any of the manga or anime capture a similar vibe. If not, what's a good Digimon show from the last few years? I've seen the stuff from the beginning through the 2003 era stuff I think.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So... surprised no one mentioned Tai's original JP Va passed away. :(

You know.... I read that on ANN's "A year in memorium" article and saw that. I was like "wait, did I forget that happened or something??" So did that like, just happen at the tail-end of the year or something?

I swear I feel like from a single show, Digimon has already lost a lot of it's crew since it came out :/

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
December 28th.

Also I feel a bit bad chuckling that she was the "voice" of Jerry the Mouse.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I don't do as good a job of keeping up with Digimon stuff as I should

Has the Tri collection been released yet? Like a bundle of the whole series?

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
The individual Blu Ray releases in the UK came with a mini poster and set of postcards each but I don't know if there's anything included the full collection.
I would love to have all the posters and cards but it sounds like a lot of hassle getting each box individually. And it might be more expensive. I'll just get that one

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta admit, I don't like that Kari's voice actress didn't return in Tri. Really takes me out of the experience

I'll watch the whole thing twice though second time in Japanese

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I gotta admit, I don't like that Kari's voice actress didn't return in Tri. Really takes me out of the experience

I'll watch the whole thing twice though second time in Japanese
I didn't like the change at first either, her original voice was pretty iconic and recognisable, but by the end I actually liked her new VA quite a bit. It kinda works for an older Kari imo. Biyomon and Gatomon's new voices never won me over though.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like the change at first either, her original voice was pretty iconic and recognisable, but by the end I actually liked her new VA quite a bit. It kinda works for an older Kari imo. Biyomon and Gatomon's new voices never won me over though.
I've only made it to the second movie but so far it bothers me that the actress makes her sound kinda prissy and not empathetic like the Kari that I know

I don't like that they changed Gatomon's voice actress either, didn't notice Biyomon though... she kinda sounds the same?

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I've only made it to the second movie but so far it bothers me that the actress makes her sound kinda prissy and not empathetic like the Kari that I know

I don't like that they changed Gatomon's voice actress either, didn't notice Biyomon though... she kinda sounds the same?
It's Cherami Leigh doing Biyomons voice now and I could tell it was her trying to voice match the original va which doesn't quite work for her imo. She does a much better job voicing Himekawa though.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf with TK not even telling his own fuckin brother what's going on with his infected ass Patamon. He's pissing me off

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Welcome to how awful Tri is and the way I see it, the old VA of Kari dodged a bullet by not being part of it.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to how awful Tri is and the way I see it, the old VA of Kari dodged a bullet by not being part of it.
yeah sad to say they wanted this to have a mature tone but the pacing has this weird non-threatening vibe to it. characters act certain ways but when light is shed upon reveals, there isn't much of a reaction. it's weird.

edit: i finished confession so i'm halfway there I guess.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take any opportunity to shit on the mess that is Tri. The worst thing to come out of this franchise since its conception. I'd watch Xros Wars and Young Hunters over it.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
At least Tri helped not making Digimon fall into obscurity so there is that.

Although I suppose Cyber Sleuth should get credit for that.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched anything passed Confession yet, but please let me know if open spoilers are not allowed.

Coz I might just continue to blab out how I feel about Tri as I watch each chapter like I did above.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Each disc is kind of a giveaway of which digimon the chapter will focus on

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
TRI is the titanic. Only it crashes into 20 icebergs before somehow getting its wreck stranded on the coast. Well done!

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
TRI is the titanic. Only it crashes into 20 icebergs before somehow getting its wreck stranded on the coast. Well done!
yeah sad to say i'm very disappointed and barely entertained by this shit. it sucks. I don't care about Meimei, Meikoomon wtf if you're going to have a nostalgic trip of the original Digimon series there are a ton of different ways you could've told a better story.

also Coexistence was so fuckin boring that I fell asleep and now I gotta watch that shit again

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
The Digimon Adventure 20th anniversary movie is set for an early Spring 2020 release.
digimonadventure20th_march5_2019.jpg