• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
This looks pretty interesting.
Of course, that just means the trailer did its job.
I'll be staying mildly optimistic for this though, even after getting burned by Tri.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
02 kids doing things! Already a step up.

I'm confused though. Do Digimon just come back for their chosen children's next of kin? Because the destened look like they have their 02 jobs, yet they talk about not seing their digital companions ever again.

Hope for a dub in English!

squall23

Oct 25, 2017

Plot is about growing up. When a digi destined kid becomes an adult, their bond with their Digimon is severed.

It looks...Decent?

Also, No signs of Tri. The evil was defeated.

Hey, Tri at least gave us the other characters' Megas and Merciful Mode. I can dislike everything else and still be grateful for those. Even when the PSP game already did it.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wait what? What's wrong with megadramon and why wasn't it canon before?
meant magnadramon

i just don't like the design and she no longer matches Seraphimon

it wasn't canon before cause hurricane touchdown isn't canon

then the psp video game for adventure came out and gave Gatomon a new mega with Orphanimon

but then tri gave Gatomon her Mega from hurricane touchdown

man fuck tri

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
meant magnadramon

i just don't like the design and she no longer matches Seraphimon

it wasn't canon before cause hurricane touchdown isn't canon

then the psp video game for adventure came out and gave Gatomon a new mega with Orphanimon

but then tri gave Gatomon her Mega from hurricane touchdown

man fuck tri

Holydramon is better than Ofanimon because it keeps her from being Girl Patamon. Let Hikari and Tailmon have some actual independence and not just being shackled to Takeru's shadow.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
that song hit me every damn time

is this a sequel of tri?
i never saw it, should i do it?

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
We getting new Gabumon and Agumon evos?

It almost looked like they combined with Tai and Matt at the end.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
"You are no longer partners!"

"... But we're still here?"

"I mean, just because you aren't super powered combat monsters doesn't mean you can't just, ya know, hang out and be friends."

The End

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
All I care is that Takeru and Hikari start/are dating.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why would they make being an adult suck even more ?! I want my digimon pal forever!! 😭

l6oJ1TL.png

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
You know, I will say that I wish Tri hadn't given Rosemon to Palmon. I always felt like Rosemon was Yoshino's partner, and BanchouLilymon would have better served the themes of Mimi's character - how Mimi is just a bit different from what girls her age are expected to be like, and how she and Palmon seem a little mismatched (in how rough around the edges BanchouLilymon looks) but are really the perfect team.

I also wish they'd have given Gomamon Plesiomon instead of Vikemon. Poor Armadimon needs something to evolve into.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Can't believe I wasted like four years with Tri on my mind for it to mean jackshit. I mean it was terrible, but Meiko could have stayed around I guess.

Anyone remember the website countdown with the egg?

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
English dub, to nobody's suprise, has been confirmed. Digital release 9/29, Physical release 10/6.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think i can watch this movie. This will make me cry too much

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
This movie felt like it was trying to shame me for liking Digimon as a grown man.

Like Ok, Agumon we can't become a super mega warrior again, but maybe we can just hang out? Like we eventually find out we can do in 02?

Such a weird retcon that goes nowhere because 02 is still canon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Matt is now played by Nicolas Roye. https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Nicolas-Roye/
Other recastings include Kate Higgins as Mimi (strange since Philece Sampler reprised her in Tri, I guess she wasn't available), Griffin Burns as Davis, Jeanne Tirado as Yolei, and Bryce Papenbrook as Cody (at least this is understandable since he's much older). Derek Stephen Prince still plays Ken.
EDIT: Checking the Digimon, Armadillomon is now played by Robbie Daymond (because Robert Axelrod passed away)

Last edited: