• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Just watched the first two episodes. When does 3 come out? I've enjoyed it so far. I'm still hoping that the kids get stranded in the digital world and the world doesn't just look like data. It doesn't have to be a rehash of file island but I hope we see something other than blue grid looking back grounds. It feels fast paste evolution wise but we still haven't met most of the main characters and like people in this thread suggested, I feel like Agumon and Gabumon get reverted back to eggs and receive some sort of power reset.
Saturdays

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So did anything from tri get resolved in dark kizuna like dark gennai?Or have they just been forgotten?

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
So did anything from tri get resolved in dark kizuna like dark gennai?Or have they just been forgotten?
If i remember from the spoiler thread in the digimon subreddit
Outside of Mei and Meicoomon making a small appearance Last Kizuna ignores tri. ever happened, like i think none of the megas (and for some reason their ultimate forms) of the other kids that tri added even appear in the movie

Last edited:

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
For me, already revealing Omegamon ruins the buildup of the relationships and bonds between the characters and digimon. I'm curious where the show will go after this. The lack of a bond and instant merge is like season 2 where it became a normal thing. Maybe they'll do the same with the other kids this season.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
For me, already revealing Omegamon ruins the buildup of the relationships and bonds between the characters and digimon. I'm curious where the show will go after this. The lack of a bond and instant merge is like season 2 where it became a normal thing. Maybe they'll do the same with the other kids this season.
Honestly I think this is a one time thing till later.The fact that they emphasized Takeru and Hikari catching the feathers before it happened kind of implies that it's sort of holy intervention in a sense. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole nuke thing was the bigger bad guys plan to kill off all the chosen kids.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
Getting Omnimon this early was clearly divine intervention. The problem is what exactly stops this intervention from happening every time there is a threat. I hope we get some kind of addressing to this matter

I think what excites me the most about this show is that it's pretty much unpredictable for now. They have a whole lore and story beats from 20 years of the franchise to play with.

I really hope they incorporate things from 02, such as cameos from the 02 kids, digimentals and the god-damned dark ocean/dagomon plot.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
I'm pretty sure it's the same as Xros Wars where the major evolution is teased at the beginning then built up to again. It lacks the emotional buildup of the original series, sure, but it gives audiences a preview of what's to come.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
That was such a good episode. Personally Omnimon popping out and revealing I definitely feel is a one time thing as well. But I have some hopes that they will reveal something better in the future. This is a reimagining of the original show with the exception of retaining the majority of the cast/characters. I can't wait for the next episode!

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Finally got around to watching the first two episodes, not really a big fan of the omegamon speed run or even perfect and ultimates showing up already. Personally think it would have been way cooler if they revealed a new Jogress evolution between regular Greymon and Garurumon, like a smaller more organic Omegamon.

Production values are high though and I like the new evolutions not taking place in a pocket demension like power ranger/Sentai transformations, agumon evolving while still fighting was pretty awesome. Will keep watching but I'm not sure I'm fully on board yet.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Ep 3.

Ok, wargames are over, but baddie still lingers... Summer camp was... there as a bit of a nod, but just kind introduces Jou and Sora. Digital World looks fun and dinsosaurish :)

Ep 4 teaser.
Ok, I'm surprised we see Birdramon before Tentomon :x

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up with this, looking pretty nice and interesting so far.

Here's the translated profiles

Adventure: Character Art and Profiles

On top of everything else, we get the new clean character art and profiles for everyone! Update- All the translations are up! Taichi Yagami: 5th grader. He is an 11-year-old with a fierce sense of responsibility who would rather act for someone else rather than for himself. When he's...

Agumon: Taichi's Digimon partner. He appears to know Taichi from long ago. When their hearts combine, he evolves into Greymon to release a powerful fireball. He seems to have fulfilled a major role in a great war that took place in the old internet, but...?

Patamon: Takeru's Digimon partner. His evolved form fulfilled a major role in a battle from ancient times.

Tailmon: Hikari's Digimon partner. She indirectly influences Taichi and the others during battles. Where she is and why she won't appear is a mystery.
It sure is looking like we are getting a Rebuild of Eva sort of thing
I mean, time-travelling and dimension/universe-hopping is already a thing in Digimon, thanks to Ryo and those WonderSwan games IIRC
Also the : in the show name, since it's higher vertically than a regular colon would be, it makes me think of a musical repeat sign ( 𝄆 ) even if it's missing the bars

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Fantastic episode. I am all in for this Digimon world. Also the music in this episode was incredible, it felt a lot more Digimon with the more menacing music for the bad guy and the more upbeat fight music.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like how quickly omnimon just shows up, and it happens to casually to. Animation seems pretty solid though.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the animation took a little dip now, but that just drops the show from gorgeous to still quite pretty. The design of the digital world is fantastic too, I vastly prefer it to that of the original. I continue to be impressed.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
So I'm staring to really like this show. Audiovisually, it is such an upgraded package from the original it's not even funny. The omnimon fight was good stuff, no filler or worthless dialogue. And the insert song never fails to hype me up.

So far the storytelling seems to be upgraded too over the original.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
My heart skipped a bit when I saw them going into the digital world.

NOSTALGIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

also NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hiatus D:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the first 3 episodes. I like it, the animation is so good. But I feel like they've tried too hard to capture the character designs of the original and they look... weird and out of place.

In the original show the character designs weren't great but they fit the aesthetic of the show, but here everything else looks amazing and the characters look life barf. Especially in the 3rd episode where they had the same scene of Izzy and Tai (im too used to the english names sorry) walking shown twice, and had a conversation with the 2 of them from far away which looked terrible and went on so long that you couldn't help but notice it.

The shorter characters like TK, Kairi and Izzy look especially weird, they don't just look young they look barely human with barely any legs and massive feet. It's really odd.

That aside everything else looks great.

I knew something was up with the story as soon as Agumon knew Tai's name before they even met, there is definitely some kind of time travel/alt reality thing going on here, its not as simple as a reboot certainly.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Hopefully it doesn't remain the Tai and Matt show forever like the original

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
*continues to wait for physical media of the subbed show/movies*... Maybe one day!