• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RIP Butterfly not in. Figures.

I'm not a fan of the plot changes it's going into the weird direction later Digimon shows went into. Trying to make the kids know too much early on, no exploration or mystery element.

The Megaman NT Warrior angle with the digimon have affect of malfunctioning techmology and endangering people in the real world is fine. This was always the case throughout the show. They are just doubling down on it early on.

I dunno there is so much love and I can tell the writers are trying to build a stronger start for the audience. But I feel they are trying to force the bonding/friendship too much and it makes everything early on feel unearned and weird to watch.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice if not a little too fast paced. Also surprising looks better than Dragon Ball Supper did when it started. Clearly Toei pre production for this better . Which is weird because as much as like Og Digimon it wasn't the best with it's animation.

I was surprised there was no stock animation used for digivolveing. Animation is much better than expected.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Butterfly not in. Figures.

I'm not a fan of the plot changes it's going into the weird direction later Digimon shows went into. Trying to make the kids know too much early on, no exploration or mystery element.

The Megaman NT Warrior angle with the digimon have affect of malfunctioning techmology and endangering people in the real world is fine. This was always the case throughout the show. They are just doubling down on it early on.

I dunno there is so much love and I can tell the writers are trying to build a stronger start for the audience. But I feel they are trying to force the bonding/friendship too much and it makes everything early on feel unearned and weird to watch.
Second episode looks like we are going straight into the action again, so we'll have a short introduction with Yamato and they are off fighting again. Doesn't seem like much room to breath and have character interactions.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Haven't watched the episode yet but if they replaced the "nature mixed with manmade electronics" aesthetic of the original digital world with a Cyber Sleuth-style technology void look, count me out. Is that just the first episode and afterwards they go to a more visually interesting digital world?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Just by watching the opening I feel like Toei really hasn't learned and we're in for another "The Tai and maybe Yamato show"

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't bad. I think they are taking some concepts of the net from the appmon show and putting the original digidestined in it as a reboot/modern take of it. Need to see a couple more episodes to make my own judgment. But so far, it wasn't bad

Refrain

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't watched the episode yet but if they replaced the "nature mixed with manmade electronics" aesthetic of the original digital world with a Cyber Sleuth-style technology void look, count me out. Is that just the first episode and afterwards they go to a more visually interesting digital world?
They will be going to to the digital world later. It was shown if the reveal poster

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
-79da8.gif

47r0wW.gif

Checks out with TOEI's handling of Adventure....

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
It was a fun start and I am curious to see the other characters back. Lets see where they take the story next. Are we gonna see old villains like Myotismon or Devimon? From what we could see, it seems Diaboromon is gonna be the first big baddie.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really going to be the Taichi + Yamato show, isn't it?
I wonder if it is going to fit into the trend of "lol it's not a reboot, it's an alternate dimension continuation!"

Anyway, it was OK. Weird how it throws away literally everything, from the aesthetics to the premise, of the first anime. It feels like a different show, or Appmon, but with the original cast thrown in.

But I'm more of a fan of Tamers, despite having watched Adventure earlier, so I might be a little biased in what to expect :p

Just by watching the opening I feel like Toei really hasn't learned and we're in for another "The Tai and maybe Yamato show"
I laughed out loud when watching the ending because of this.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
I... didn't really like it. The generic Digimon World, Yamato standing in the end for rival effect, Taichi feels like he will be front and center...The OST is extremely disappointing, how is that possible? Even Young Hunters had "Tagiru chikara".
I mean I know it's the first episode, so I'll give it the benefit of doubt.

-79da8.gif

47r0wW.gif

Checks out with TOEI's handling of Adventure....
I'm secretly hoping they are adding the kids one by one in for "suprise" effect, the length of the clip suggest that too.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed it. The animation was really nice, and while I'm fine with them not just repeating everything the original did, I do find the digital landscape quite dull (fortunately, the one poster seems to suggest they'll be going to a more traditional Digital World at some point)

It was a fun start and I am curious to see the other characters back. Lets see where they take the story next. Are we gonna see old villains like Myotismon or Devimon? From what we could see, it seems Diaboromon is gonna be the first big baddie.

This is actually Algomon with some new evos as the first villain, not Diaboromon.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It seems to me like they're not the Digital World right now. At least, I don't remember Agumon saying it was and Koushiro called it the Network.

Could be wrong, but the poster suggests a greener environment exists at least.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
This is actually Algomon with some new evos as the first villain, not Diaboromon.
I admit I haven't seen anything Digimon related past Digimon Frontier. That is why the Digimon that came to mind was Diaboromon. I wasn't even aware what was a Algomon until this post.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
I honestly liked. Sure, it was very fast paced, but it's not like the original was any better about this. I like that it's using the premise and the same characters, but going on a direction of it's own instead of just remaking adventure. I'm excited to see how Takeru and Hikari roles changes on this.

The main concern is, of course, becoming the Tai and Matt show. But it's too soon to jump into conclusions, anyway.

I'll be watching this show with great interest

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
That's exactly what it is, but it's the next thing, isn't it? Or is there something else coming out alongside it?
There's actually a movie about the Adventure cast as adults called Last Evolution that came out in theaters before this show, but nobody knows when it's going to be available online. That one's the fourth "part" of the original Adventure universe and comes after Tri.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
There's actually a movie about the Adventure cast as adults called Last Evolution that came out in theaters before this show, but nobody knows when it's going to be available online. That one's the fourth "part" of the original Adventure universe and comes after Tri.
Thanks. And I take it that takes place after Tri and is canon to the original continuity?

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully available soon since the US screenings were cancelled the other week.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am very down with this Code Lyoko/Battle Network Digimon

It's long overdue to have a show like this.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
That first episode was nothing like the original series. This might actually be worth it, at least until the pandemic starts affecting animation studios in Japan and the production gets completely derailed.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Are they seriously remaking Our War Game in two episodes? Lmao.

Granted, the original was 40ish minutes long.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Good first ep, but I feel like they lost so much of the OG's charm already, and that this will likely just devolve into a Monster-of-the-Week series, wherein much of the appeal of the original was that it was quite literally a fantastical adventure. Hopefully I'm wrong, as otherwise doubt I'll stick with it long.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I hope we get skull greymon, I liked the idea of. A corrupted digimon. That was one of The better eps in the origijal

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
So the production of this was really good. As others are saying, felt very rushed. But I think it will probably slow down after a few episodes. We definitely need a proper digital world though.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
The episode itself was fine but THAT OPENING THO.

Fucking stunning.

Birdramon, Togemon and Kabuterimon showing who's boss.

If nothing else we're getting some decent fights, which I am a-okay with after Tri's shit-tier fight scenes.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
The episode itself was fine but THAT OPENING THO.

Fucking stunning.

Birdramon, Togemon and Kabuterimon showing who's boss.

If nothing else we're getting some decent fights, which I am a-okay with after Tri's shit-tier fight scenes.
Interesting how Angemon and Angewomon are no where to be seen, but I guess Angewomen is Ultimate.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol they're already doing Our War Game?
I thought the episode was good and I cannot wait to see what else they're doing but that preview seriously caught me off guard lol.

Plus, the insert music is gone? That's a staple for every single Digimon anime. 🤨

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 2-6 plot synopsis have been released for those curious:
Episode 2 - War Game
April 12th / Screenplay by Atsuhiro Tomioka
Elementary school student Taichi Yagami, along with a strange Digimon creature who calls himself Agumon, take down a Digimon causing cyber terrorism throughout Tokyo. However, the Digimon's attack wasn't over. This time, it was attacking the USA military's tactical network. During that, Taichi and Greymon (Agumon's evolved form) meet a boy named Yamato Ishida and his Digimon partner Garurumon (Gabumon's evolved form) inside the digital area. Taichi calls for Yamato and Garurumon to form a team with them and fight the threat.

Episode 3 - To the Digital World
April 19th / Screenplay by Atsuhiro Tomioka
The USA military's tactical network is invaded by a Digimon and the military system goes haywire. Taichi and his team fight desperately to stop the missiles, but the more they take down the enemy Digimon, the more it evolves. Then missiles are launched at Tokyo. The enemy Digimon shoots out balls of light that directly hit Greymon and Garurumon, when a giant white Digimon appears...?!

Episode 4 - Birdramon Flies
April 26th / Screenplay by Kenichi Yamashita
Blackouts occur throughout the city. Taichi and Koushiro Izumi, who knows a lot about the internet, worry that something has happened in the Digital World where Agumon and the others are. Koushiro estimates that if the blackout continues for more than 72 hours, it will paralyze all of Tokyo's municipal functions. "We're the only ones who can do something about this!" so the kids head once more to the Digital World. But the world they came upon looked vastly different from how they'd seen it before. Also, Taichi thought that he had reached the Digital World with Koushiro, but who came with him instead was Taichi's childhood friend, Sora Takenouchi.

Episode 5 - The Holy Digimon
May 3rd / Screenplay by Atsuhiro Tomioka
The deadline for Tokyo's municipal functions ceasing is approaching. Taichi, Agumon, and Sora search for a solution and aim for the "temple" that was written on a lithograph in the Digital World. Meanwhile, Koushiro who arrived in a different part of the Digital World, communicates with Taichi while gathering information with a Digimon that he met there, Tentomon. But then, Koushiro and Tentomon are swallowed up by a mysterious giant Digimon...?!

Episode 6 - The Targeted Kingdom
May 10th / Screen by Hiroshi Yamaguchi
via WtW

dorjjj

Oct 31, 2017
....why does the synopsis read like the original never happened? Is this secretly a reboot?

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
So if I'm reading it right it appears they are going to do the same thing they did at the beginning of Digimon Fusion with Greymon and Garurumon combining into Omnimon