• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F03%2Ftoei-animation-digimon-adventure-official-trailer-00.jpg

Release Info:

Release Date:
April 5th,2020
Episodes: Unknown Amount.
Where you can Watch the Series: The Best Place to Currently Watch Digimon Adventure 2020 is on Crunchyroll which has just aired the first episode.

What is Digimon Adventure 2020?:

Digimon Adventure 2020 is a reboot of the orginal Digimon Adventure Series set in the Modern Day with changes to the story but having the same cast

Description:

As the internet became an integral element by the year 2020, a series of assumed cyber-attacks across Tokyo are the result of events at another world within the internet: The Digital World where the Digimon roam. While getting ready for summer camp, Taichi Yagami and seven other children are transported to the Digital World where they acquired Digivices and Digimon partners while learning that they have been chosen to stop the unknown threats to their worlds.

What do I need to watch?
Due to this being a complete reboot of the series - there is no need to watch any prior Digimon Material before this anime as it has been designed with the knowledge that this is an anime watcher's first time experince with Digimon

What is the cast for Digimon Adventure 2020:

Taichi Yagami - Yūko Sanpei

Agumon - Chika Sakamoto

Yamato Ishida - Daisuke Namikawa
3d6222a6ddaf40e83c436d7c147b1917172351b6r1-240-480v2_uhq.jpg

Gabumon - Mayumi Yamaguchi
latest

Sora Takenouchi - Ryoko Shiraishi
latest

Piyomon - Atori Shigematsu
Piyomon.gif

Koshiro Izumi - Yumiko Kobayashi

Tentomon - Takahiro Sakurai

Joe Kido - Takeshi Kusao

Gomamon - Junko Takeuchi

Mimi Tachikawa - Marika Kouno
latest

Palmon - Shihomi Mizowaki

Takeru Takaishi - Megumi Han

Patamon - Miwa Matsumoto
latest

Hikari Yagami - Misaki Watada

Tailmon - Mie Sonozaki

Narrator - Masako Nozawa

Trailer:

Opening:

Ending:

Last edited:

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
nice. i've been trying to get back into digimon recently but not sure where to go with the TV show. i only remember watching the first season.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty tempting. Digimon Adventure was one of the first animes I ever really watched. I still have a fondness for the franchise, so this might be a lot of fun.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting myself from the Digimon OT:
Really great start. Seeing the kids again was surprisingly pleasant, and the new story and setting has things feel fresh. The animation was great, and I really like the new evolution sequences. I hope they stick to animating them that way. Unfortunately, I can smell the Taichi and Yamato focus from a mile away already, and I hope that won't be the undoing of this show in the long run. That's my only real concern so far. I like basically everything else I saw. Excited to see where this goes.

GNOSIS

Oct 29, 2017
The first episode was so good. The battle was awesome and so was the story.

But I just can't get over the fact that I didn't hear Butter-fly or Brave Heart even once. Not even the instrumental version.
They even skipped the evolution sequence!

May 10, 2018
I'll give it a shot but it didn't dawn on me until now that this will be my first experience with subs instead of dubs for Digimon. Will be an adjustment for sure.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
hope to god there's an english dub with the nostalgia actors. I love the eng version so much. Even Tri was slightly more bearable with the dub.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The pacing for the first episode was super weird and based on the preview it looks like they're already fighting a mega next week.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Wow, a bit impressed by the look of this.

How does this still look like Anime is used to look in the 80s and 90s while so many other productions from today look like lifeless CGI digital drawn shit?

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
digimon is pretty long isnt it? not sure if im willing to go along this ride again
This is a very different version despite using the same charcters. Watching the first episode, seems like it's going to be a reboot in that it uses the same charcters in a completly new story or at least a severly altered one

I really glad it's not a 1 to 1 reboot but set in modern day like pepole thought it was

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched ep 1.

Really good, I liked what I saw, interesting to see the interactions between Koushiro and Taichi. Koushiro was rather cute with how nervous he was haha.

Really got my interest now. Can't wait til next week.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I agree with the majority opinion, i am really glad they are doing their own take on this rather than making it a complete carbon copy of the orginal and the animation for this first episode was great

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The pacing for the first episode was super weird and based on the preview it looks like they're already fighting a mega next week.

I actually am intrigued by the prospect of it. I get why it's done, but encountering nothing but champion-level digimon, until suddenly everything is ultimate and then mega has never been organic in the least. I wonder how they might handle this.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Really enjoyed episode one. Had a big grin on my face watching the episode.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I actually am intrigued by the prospect of it. I get why it's done, but encountering nothing but champion-level digimon, until suddenly everything is ultimate and then mega has never been organic in the least. I wonder how they might handle this.
We're probably going to get an Omnimon tease next week to deal with the threat. The next episode is based on that movie too.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly amazed we didn't start with the parrotmon v greymon fight. I always find that super iconic.

but our war games does rule

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
With just tryna keep up with Digimon announcements, is this supposed to be the next thing after Tri?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dunno I still think they're gonna pull some alternative universe shenanigans and this connects to the original timeline.

I liked this episode but to be honest it felt like a more serious version of Appmon moreso than Adventure.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit concerned at how fast paced the episode was. It feel like they skipped past the character interactions and introductions to get right into the action. It seems like next episode it's straight into the action with the end of the world on the line. The animation and music was good, but it seems like they are betting on nostalgia to help care for the characters.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Are all the voice actors new? Very used to the Adventure voices by now, for the humans and partners both.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is a shock.

I've got a lot of nostalgia for Digimon but the only one I really like is Tamers. Might check this out.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Went in with no expectations after being massively disappointed by Tri and was blown away. Toei putting their best foot forward here.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Pretty good intro! Seems like they're not beating around the bush either, going all with the early evolutions too.

Honestly all I'd need to consider it an excellent 1st episode would be the classic songs. On the other hand the lack of them makes it easy to mark this (mentally) as something new instead of just of a prettier version of the original.

All in all, pretty happy with this right now.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Liked the first episode. OP is fine, OST is so far excellent. Good fight animation. I think my only concern is the pacing, Digimon at its best is when it gives time to build the characters and their relationships, this was just action from start to finish which is a little worrying.

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Great first episode. The animation was great!

No butterfly/brave heart tho :(

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice if not a little too fast paced. Also surprising looks better than Dragon Ball Supper did when it started. Clearly Toei pre production for this better . Which is weird because as much as like Og Digimon it wasn't the best with it's animation.