• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
California
Am I getting old, or have they at some point made strides on the taste of Diet Coke? I couldn't stand it before, but I've cracked open a few cans the last few days and they've tested pretty decent!

What other diet soda actually tastes good?

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
I can't stomach the taste of pretty much any of the diet sodas. It's so weird.

I just stick to regular soda as a treat a couple times a week, and water when I want a 0 calorie drink.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Feels like they discontinued all the specialty diet sodas since the pandemic started but Diet Cherry Pepsi tasted insane for a diet soda. Just crazy sweet, I couldn't taste anything even slightly off about it.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Coke Zero, especially on my diet, but diet coke used to be my junk food for years.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It has a weird addictive quality to it, but it just tastes synthetic and gross.

Sparkling water if you need something fizzy.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I only drink Diet Coke and Diet Dr Pepper.
This is where I'm at. I have always preferred the taste of Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper since I was little (I think I can thank my mom for this because she always drank Diet). There is less of a syrupy sugar taste and more of a snap to it.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I switched to diet in like 2012/13. Took two weeks to get used to it and now regular sodas are too sweet for me most of the time.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Diet Dr Pepper is the only diet soda I can say is actually good, it's almost like they are going for a totally different drink than regular Dr. Pepper. Coke Zero is alright but Pepsi Zero is fucking horrible.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've never liked Diet Coke, but Coke Zero Sugar is pretty damn great. When Coke Zero isn't available, I usually go with Diet Dr. Pepper, which is pretty good, too.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I cut down on sugared drinks as much as I could so switched to Coke Zero/Pepsi Zero, they're far superior than diet. I'll sometimes go for diet and I think my pallet's just gotten used to dulled sweet taste. Actually kind of prefer them now.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Maybe I'm just a wuss nowadays, but I can't stand carbonation in sodas.

Except maybe Mountain Dew. It's the nectar of the gods.

The OG Coke Zero was pretty decent tho.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
I do like the fizziness... but the taste is meh. Diet Dr Pepper is seriously good though.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I cut down on sugared drinks as much as I could so switched to Coke Zero/Pepsi Zero, they're far superior than diet. I'll sometimes go for diet and I think my pallet's just gotten used to dulled sweet taste. Actually kind of prefer them now.

Same here. I prefer Zero's over regular.

Also, Melon Mountain Dew Zero is fantastic.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Cherry Coke Zero is the shit. All the Pepsi Max's and Mtn Dew Zero sugars are good too. Diet soda have gotten much better flavors. Or I got old as shit.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Diet coke (and diet sodas in general) are my thing now. I've never had Coke Zero. I should try it some time.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
All diet soda is awful I can't understand how anyone says they like it with a straight face

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cherry Coke Zero is the shit. All the Pepsi Max's and Mtn Dew Zero sugars are good too. Diet soda have gotten much better flavors. Or I got old as shit.

In college I spent an entire year using diet cherry pepsi as a mixer drink and it completely ruined the drink for all time. If I were to drink it today I would still taste the Nikolai Vodka 🤮

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
I'm sorry WHAT? Does such a thing actually exist?
Is this the rebrand of Dr Pepper Ten? That stuff was amazing. So was Squirt 10.
I dont know if its the same thing or not, in Sweden we have this that came in 2020:
1300745_Dr_20Pepper_Zero_50pet_jan_2020.jpg

Its fantastic!

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Used to be my go to and now I'm glad I dropped all forms of soft drinks.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Diet Coke is my go to but I've drastically cut down on my consumption of it. I used to drink an unhealthy amount. The caffeine addiction was weird. I would be out and about in the summer running errands and I would come home after sweating buckets knowing I was dehydrated and I would chug a huge glass of water and still feel thirsty. Chug a second huge glass of water, still feel thirsty. Crack open a can of Diet Coke, take one sip and suddenly my thirst is quenched.

Better than Diet Pepsi

That's not much of a bar.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Diet Barq's and Pibb Zero aren't being canned here because of the pandemic and it sucks since those are probably the two best diet sodas.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Coke Zero Sugar is so much better tasting than regular Coke.

The latter is sickly sweet and leaves your teeth covered in a gritty syrupy layer.

Really feels like diet beverages have come a long way in the last few years. Most seem to be using phenylanaline instead of aspartame and they taste better as a result.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Damn, I might have to blind test Coke Zero and Diet Coke, judging by the responses in here singing CZ's praises.

Just be warned they're two totally separate things.

Coke Zero is the regular coke formula, just with aspartame replacing sugar as the sweetner.

Diet Coke is a totally different formula that isn't based on the traditional Coca-Cola formula.

I started drinking Coke Zero a few months ago and I love it. Cherry Coke Zero is freaking amazing.

I haven't had a regular coke in months, and as much as I loved regular coke, I can't see myself going back to it.

rolltanksroll

Oct 27, 2017
Cherry Coke Zero is fantastic and it's a goddamn shame I haven't been able to buy some in a grocery since last summer.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Switched to diet alternatives, like Zero, a few years back and never looked back. I think "normal" sugar based drinks are too sweet now. Coke Zero in particular is more refreshing to me than regular coke.
One of us. One of us. ONE OF US.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Diet Coke is the only soda I drink. Really enjoying the taste.