• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
One of the very best ever, if not the best.
Absolute legend on the field.
Off the field i didn't care for him much.

Enr0rbjXIAU71BH
Amazing photo.

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
For those speaking spanish, here is Ruggieri's reaction, he was Maradona's teammate when they won the World cup in 86. He was live on tv when the news broke:

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
decades of drink and drug abuse take there toll

I remember in the early 2000's he had to get his stomach stapled because of his weight and drug problems were killing him back then

Disorientator

Oct 27, 2017
Cyprus
RIP

It's sad/weird stadiums are empty - football fans around the world won't be able to give him the "proper" farewell a legend of this magnitude deserves.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Ciao Diego. RIP.
The greatest.

Just spoke with a couple of friends from Napoli. Impossible to describe what he means for that city. A transcendent figure.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
fuck, that hit me like a train.

What a fucking legend.

even though it was sad to see what he made after the time as a football player he always had his heart on the right side.

May he rest in peace

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Fuck me. Pop to the shops, come back and I read this. Hit quite hard that.

Incredible footballer, he'll go down as one of the best ever for sure. Today's a sad day for the sport. I guess the hand of god finally gets to shake the hand of god, eh. RIP.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Played before my time, but obviously well loved up here in Scotland. That game against England arguably sums up the man.

RIP Diego.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
RIP. Way too young for one to die, though I understand he didn't take the best care of himself. Forever a legend of the game.

Rhav

Jun 1, 2019
I'm not old enough to have experienced more than his short 1994 WC stint but what an absolute legend - for both good and bad, RIP.

E.Balboa

Oct 30, 2017
Florianópolis, Brazil
What a legend. Not gonna say he was the best I've ever seen on the pitch (also a cheater - hand goal and giving brazilian players adulterated water), but was definitely the most iconic.

His ways contributed to an infamous life , but I'm sorry to see what it has led to.

RIP Icon.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
If you have the chance and haven't done so, I would highly recommend you watch this documentary.

www.hbo.com

Diego Maradona | Watch the Movie on HBO | HBO.com

Watch Diego Maradona online at HBO.com. Stream on any device any time. Explore cast information, synopsis and more.

It's a beautiful piece of cinema made by the director of Senna. One of the best or maybe the best documentary of last year.

As someone who knew of Maradona through the hand of God, his standing among the greats and seeing him as a manager during the World Cup, but didn't know a lot as someone who wasn't alive and living in America, it felt like it captured a lot of what he meant to all the people he touched and how his legend was wrapped into international politics.

Sad to see he is gone.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
RIP Diego. What a legend. It is hard to describe, but growing up in Bangladesh in the 80's, everyone was a Maradona fan, he probably had no idea of the impact he had on a little South Asian country.
multimedia.normal.ae280d39c0a0fc55.42616e676c61646573682070696e74616461733220636f70795f6e6f726d616c2e6a7067.jpg

lmdiario.com.ar

“Maradona conquistó Bangladesh, Messi nos enamoró”

Kumar Kymap es periodista del diario “Prothom Alo” del lejano país asiático y explica la pasión de ese video que se viralizó con el apoyo incondicional de su gente hacia la Selección argentina.

wow, thats an amazing photo! That Belgium team was amazing as well. My dad loved to talked about Maradona and Mexico 86, probably the peak world cup in terms of quality teams.
That's one of the most iconic images in football.

Last edited:

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Dang. 🙁

Loved watching his highlights. Loved his passion on that field/pitch. Just seemed to be on a different engine than most.