• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I graduated in 1995. Tonight I was going through my yearbook with my daughter and reminiscing. I came to a section called Beauties and Cuties where they had the most attractive boy and girl from each grade-9,10, 11 and 12 posing for photos.

As an adult looking back at this it seems kind of odd - my wife's yearbook didn't have any section like that. Just wondering how common this was.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
No, mine did not. I haven't bought a school yearbook since middle school though.

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.webp

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Graduated in 2000, and yeah, ours had "Best Body" for a guy and girl. Super creepy now that I think about it.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Never bought a yearbook or even really looked through one from high school, but I hope not. That sounds pretty fucking wrong.

Though I doubt 18 year old highschool me would have given a shit.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my school had one.

And it was voted for by the students. Of course the popular kids won but you know how that shit go.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah we had that along with a bunch of other categories like "class clown" and "most athletic".

Also senior year I was suddenly pulled out of class and made to be in this group photo. When I asked what it was for they were like "it's for people who are literally in no other photos aside from their school portrait" lol.

So basically it was just a group shot of random weirdos that had no affiliation at all standing in the hallway lol.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we had most attractive, best couple, best smile ect.. it is weird to think back on it but its also pretty tame compared to some other things i remember from Middle/High school.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
No, definitely not. We had superlatives, but it was normal stuff like Most Likely to Succeed.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Weird. I won Funniest though for class superlative. You wouldn't believe it today.

They had like... Best smile or others like that, that hint to most attractive.