• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, we never had consoles when we were really young and by the time we did my Mum would ask my brother and vice/versa.
The only person guilty of buying shit games for me, is me.

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (NES) I asked for it though, lol. I think just based on the cover. That was the last game my parents bought me for a long time because I didn't play it ever because it sucked really bad. To be fair, my parents owned a video store so I could just "rent" whatever game I wanted whenever I wanted, pretty much.

We also had Anticipation, but that game was just boring more than it was bad.

EDIT:

haha. I'm betting the only reason my parents bought me the game too was because of some deep discount.
Yes! I had completely forgot about the game until about 3 years ago when I saw The Angry Video Game Nerd video about it. The worst kind of nostalgia but still, nostalgia none the less.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
One of the dos Mega Man games. I think i played it for like 10 mins and then never touched it again.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I wanted Tekken but I got Criticom because some dummy at the Flea Market told my parents it was just as good

ps1_criticom-120314.jpg

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I got King Arthurs world when around 13 years old on SNES. It's not that it was a bad game, but not where my 13 year old self was looking forward to.

I loved that game :)
Perfect companion to Mario Paint, the power of the mouse ahaha.

I bet you wanted Street Fighter II turbo, right ?

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22, it has a 25 on Metacritic. To be fair I actually liked it mostly because it was the only Dragon Ball game I had at the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Sure, my mom bought bad games for me plenty of times (along with the actual ones I asked for) and I still loved those bad games because my mom bought them for me so I didn't care that they were bad.

Deleted member 79517

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 31, 2020
I got Sonic Unleashed (Wii) for Christmas. I had it penciled in on a list somewhere, and then forgot to edit it when I realized that was not a good idea.

It was okay...

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
MV5BOGQ4NTdjMGQtY2QzYy00NzE1LWFkNzctODEyOGExOTg3M2M5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg

I actually finished this in front of my parents and they were like "that's it?"

I also got Eternal Ring on the same day, but we all know that is an amazing game.

For context, my parents aren't game-illiterate, but they were hard pressed for an RPG for me in the early days of the PS2.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
My parents were pretty decent at avoiding bad games; Masters of Teras Kasi and Return of the Joker (which I wanted for Christmas) were as bad as it got. More often than not, they bought me some awesome stuff on a whim like Vigilante 8, Rayman, Spyro, Resident Evil Outbreak, Jak and Daxter, and more.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pirates of the Caribbean on the game boy. It was pretty bad but hey, it's the thought that counts.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got Mario is Missing for my birthday. I was only about 10 so I understood zero of the trivia or travel questions and just aimlessly ran around and hated it.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got this too, but I asked for it as well lol

The only LJN games I liked as a kid were Jaws and Friday the 13th. I think they're both pretty cool yet flawed games that could be really great with some QoL improvements and a little more content.
Did you play NES Punisher? That's an LJN game (developed by Beam) that I liked.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Luckily my parents just asked what I wanted lol(though when I was younger I would pick out some garbage).

Atlas_XIX

Oct 29, 2017
My parents gave exactly what I asked for if the game was terrible I only had myself to blame.

m0therzer0

Mobile Gaming Product Manager
Verified
Nov 19, 2017
San Francisco bay area

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Track Attack! for the Apple ][ was perhaps not a truly terrible game, but it wasn't the classic Infocom game I was lobbying for, either and I certainly didn't spend much time with it. One look at the "time to complete" of 8 hours for The Witness and my grandmother decided to buy something with ostensibly longer-lasting entertainment value instead.

I'd like to meet the person who finished The Witness in eight hours before the advent of walkthroughs.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not really. Shaq Fu, but I begged them for it due to the commercial so it was my fault :-/

It still had its moments though.