• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Did you realize how bad the sound quality in Assassins Creed Valhalla is?

• Yes

Votes: 495 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 301 37.8%

• Total voters
Jan 10, 2019
Didn't play the game, but a variable 70kbps bitrate is a complete joke. Heavily compressed audio files on streaming services are almost double that, and the differences with a high quality audio file are already noticable at 128kbps. Also, it seems everything is rolled off at 11kHz which is very, very audible.

Oct 27, 2017
one other thing. you can post here with the issues you all have. a DEV responded asking for more info
discussions.ubisoft.com

Ubisoft Discussion Forums

Join the conversation on the Ubisoft Official Discussion Forums! Share your feedback and connect with other members of the Community!

NuncaBob

Dec 2, 2020
Eorzea
They can change the audio all they want but the female voice actor for Eivor isn't going to sound any better. Half the time, I keep thinking, "She's a good actress. Surely there was a better take." It usually sounds like they cut together multiple takes and the pacing and phrasing is way off.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Was excited to play on my TV and it was unbearable on my sound system. It sounded so bad. Switched back to my monitor with headphones and it's more tolerable but it still has some of the worst audio of anything I've played in a long time.

Coolsambob

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I voted no, as it didn't sound great but I don't think I'd have noticed if I wasn't aware before I started playing.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I've got used to it by now but man is it ever bad. After the first hour I had to look up online if it was a bug. Was happy to see it wasn't my headset but was perplexed how they shipped it in such a bad state. I recently played Origins and Odyssey and this was worse by far.

Agree with people saying it takes away from the combat (especially coming from Demons Souls) and that everyone sounds like they are speaking into a tin can.

There are even little sounds like the axe humming when you charge up a strong attack but you have to listen so closely its pretty much useless. Things like that would sound amazing if it was actually audible.

So disappointing. I do absolutely love the music though.

Oct 25, 2017
Switching between Valhalla and Demon's Souls was shocking. It's a shame because Valhalla had a wonderful soundtrack, so much good work hamstrung by the audio quality.

herbchamberz

Oct 27, 2017
Had to bring this thread back as I just started Valhalla this week. The audio is absolutely abysmal. I'm playing mostly on headphones on my PS5. The sound effects during combat are flat and muffled. The voice acting sometimes sound tinny, sometimes muffled, sometimes are too loud; and that's all in all in a single conversation lol. I didn't notice this when I played AC Origins. Is this game an outlier? Or have games just gotten much better with audio in the past few years? The games I played right before this are Ghost of Tsushima and 13 Sentinels, and they sound fantastic!

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Pretty much immediately, yes.

edit: It bothers me when the hard work of individuals is ruined by a poor mix.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I only experienced it second hand, watching my gf play it out of the TV speakers, so it was pretty questionable sound quality but like, it always is when games are played like that.

Otheradam

Nov 1, 2017
I think the lastest patch introduced a bug. I don't have my horse/mount gallop anymore. There are no sounds when I am on my mount moving around.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I thought Origins and Odyssey sounded sub-par even though barely anybody mentions it. Hearing so many complaints about the audio quality in Valhalla makes me think it must be horrendous.

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Yeah it is disappointing and the available audio settings don't do anything to resolve the issues. Definitely noticeable for me when playing on headphones although I did get used to it over time.