• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

how'd you meet your current partner

• Dating App

Votes: 182 36.8%
  • Real Life

Votes: 249 50.3%
  • They're 2D

Votes: 64 12.9%

• Total voters

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Real life. Not a serious relationship, though. I'm fine with meeting people online, too.

Oct 27, 2017
Real life, but I personally know three married couples who met through dating apps. I met my wife before they existed but if she decided to leave me tomorrow I'm sure I'd use them.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
met her at a new year's eve party

that was... almost like 8 or 9 years ago. been happily married for 4 years and have a daughter now

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Found my girlfriend on tinder. We've been dating for 3.5 years already.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Met at a swimsuit warehouse job before college, we both quit and started hanging out a lot more and it just kinda happened, married now for almost 2 years

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically we met when my friend made a video dating reel to try and sell her on one of the lonely virgins from our office- and when he ran out of real single dudes he asked me to pretend to fill it out. I put on a green plastic leprechaun hat and pretended to be a German game coder who had come up through the Amiga demo scene in the 80/90s.

I claimed that I once got 15 parallax copperbobs each separately running a live HAM mpeg movie rotating around its circumference.

I also claimed I was in hiding because of a deadly beef with the Belgian Cracking Service.

she dismissed all the real available dudes from the video and asked about "Klaus Von Blowyoo"

I was (obviously) not single at the time but later became available. She must have felt like she won the Hotto Lotto.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Currently I'm having sex with my friend's co-worker which I met at my birthday. Nothing serious though.
My previous ex I met through Tinder, the one before real life.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
A dating website that no longer exists. It was the very beginnings of online dating, around 2000.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Met mine on a dating site 10 years ago now. Got a house, two lovely little kids and are happily still together

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Internet, but not on a dating app.
Social media and skype.
Know her since january 2014, we met in real life with a bunch of other e-friends in april 2014 (basically, those people knew each other since early 2013, I got introduced to them online because my best friend was part of that online group chat), but we started to really talk a lot on december 2014.
From february 2015, we started to flirt, and we started dating on april 2015.
We live together since september 2017, it works really well.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Through an app which is funny because we live 2 blocks away but we never would've run into each other without it.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Met on Tinder to hook up thinking that'd be it and now we're about to celebrate seven months together.

Pinku

Dec 21, 2017
Only ever hooked up with women from work. Now in a relationship for 6+ years and with a 6mo baby.