• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

how'd you meet your current partner

• Dating App

Votes: 182 36.8%
  • Real Life

Votes: 249 50.3%
  • They're 2D

Votes: 64 12.9%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
canada
Most of my relationships have been through Tinder, though calling them relationships is a bit much considering they were always just physical.

However for the first time in years Im dating a woman who I met through real life. Top of my program, gorgeous, funny, gamer, we get along well. We met through me trying to wingman her for a friend of mine, her finding she didnt like him after talking to him more, and her for some odd reason deciding to date me.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Online should be an option. Some people don't meet through dating or irl.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Dating apps didn't really exist back then - I mean, I guess they were around, but few people used them.

This also makes me realize I've been with her for...18 years?

Help.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Met my wife on okcupid, one woman I'm dating on facebook dating, and the other woman on an app dedicated to poly dating.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Real life, but I'm in my late 30s and we've been together for ten years; Tinder wasn't a thing when I was dating, and even services like PlentyOfFish (which some of my friends used not too long after to meet short and longer-term partners) were in their infancy.

My brother has had a decent amount of action as well as two or three deeper relationships through Tinder, and one of my other friends met the woman he's now married to on Tinder. They're both younger than me, though.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I met her on Match. She was the fifth girl from Match I went on a date with, and I was her first from the site (she was using her free week trial).

We've been together 6 months and are moving into an apartment together in 3 weeks.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All 5 girlfriends I've had including current one (going over a year and moving in together soon) have been from OK Cupid.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I always wanted to try dating apps to see how I'd fare but I haven't been single for a long enough period since their inception.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Real life. Through a friend. To be honest, online dating was not even a thing yet when we met, so I've never had any experience with it at all.

superpickleman

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Real life, met through mutual friends at a music festival and started talking/going out afterward.

I don't think I'll ever bring myself to use a dating app. Not that there's anything wrong with them, I just can't see me putting myself out in that way.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Met in high school right before summer vacation started. Kinda sorta dated for a couple months, parted ways entirely for a couple years, got to be really great friends for a little over a decade, then got together romantically and are coming up on ten years of wedded bliss.

I did date a girl for three years that I met on Match.com, but that was back when you had to use a computer to use the site. I have never used a dating app.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Real life, happened to come with a work friend to a movie a bunch of us planned on seeing together. Unfortunately we barely see each other. She's way younger and has a job that has her traveling a lot. So it's kind of like we're dating via app?

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Mine is kinda interesting. She added me on Facebook back in 2012 cuz a mutual friend told her I was funny and had a lot in common with her- we had never met in person.

We've been FB friends since then, never interacting online or really noticing each other, than randomly a few months ago she comments on a photo i posted, we get to chatting in the comments, I hit the DMs, now it's three months later and we're best friends and in love. Guess our mutual friend was right.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
real life through work, but social media helped. I wasn't in work one day where we would usually say hi to each other and make small talk, she added me on fb and asked where I was and it snowballed from there.

basically could only ever hope to emulate this on an actual online dating site if there was was some crash course dating site over a period of a month where the other person doesn't bail after a terrible pick up attempt and first awkward first sexual encounter and there is a ridiculous attraction to the point where we talk for more than 4 hours on the phone a night