• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
No, because I am so damn cultured*

*for the longest time I thought Chopsticks was by Mozart cos someone told me so

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember someone on this forum thinking that Greensleeves was a song from Xenosaga.

I don't even remember when or how Moonlight Sonata occurs in Resident Evil 1.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
No. Pretty sure it was Detective Conan. One of the earliest cases deals with the Moonlight Sonata.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I was already listening to some classical music thanks to Looney Tunes introducing me to some, especially Franz Liszt's works like Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2

Pascal

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Yes. Hearing Rebecca play that song in an adjacent room while a zombie crept up on me is an image that definitely stuck with me.

And I absolutely cannot wait for someone in this thread to accuse me of being an uncultured gamer even though I first played REmake when I was pretty young.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I just want to say yes because it's much cooler than having had a music teacher force you to listen to it ten times until you manage to somehow hate such a beautiful piece of music.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No. It's one of those art pieces that you should know beforehand.
Can't wait for the inevitable "OMG the Mona Lisa is a real picture?!" thread once that image gets featured in a AAA game (or Fortnite).

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I MAY have learned the name of the song from RE but the song itself for me will always be linked to the Earthworm Jim 2 level "Jim is Now a Blind Cave Salamander."

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Earthworm Jim 2 I think. Blind Cave Sally level. Or an episode of Garfield and Friends from around the same time.

OP
OP
AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Those that say you learned the song from other games, did the games tell you the name like RE does, or did you have to wait for the credits or something?

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I was like twelve. Never heard it or its name before, but Resident Evil made it stick in my head.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
I was 11 and somehow convinced my dad to play the game so yes ... I did.

However since I would become obsessed with music and play guitar I did learn it on piano since the piano is a wonderful instrument when it comes to music theory.