• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
All I've read of Spider-Man is up to issue 118. So if it wasn't out before 1973 I haven't read it. I'm one of those psychopaths reading all these things in release orderšŸ¤Ŗ. I have heard enough of Trouble to stay away though.

No, no no, you need to do it in chronological order to have the full effect. :)

On a serious note, there is a series by Busiek and Oliffe called Untold Tales of Spider-man that was not only really good, but was designed to fit in with the original series.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
And almost Jessica Jones. Imagine that train wreck.

QIaRWxW.png
Jesus Christ Bendis sucks so much

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
lol who the hell likes Gwen Stacy more than Mary Jane

like nobody
This
The only good Spiderman love interests are Carol Danvers, Cindy Moon, Glory Grant, Anna Marie, and Michelle Rodergiez
Carol, Anna, and Glory sure. Cindy and Michelle? No way, they are like bottom of the barrel.

Also, why the MJ and Ultimate Universe hate? Most of it was just ok, but Ultimate Spider-Man was fantastic and pretty influential.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized how absurd it is to put a spoiler warning on a Gwen Stacy thread lmfao

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This probably should have set off some red flags for Gwen, but of course being from an upper class family and the daughter of a police officer, she doesn't really see an issue with what he says I guess since she will most likely not be affected.
How can Gwen Stacy simultaneously be "from an upper class family" and also "the daughter of a police officer"? Cops don't make shit for money. It's literally a blue collar job.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The best thing Gwen ever did was get thrown off a bridge, best thing Norman ever did was impale himself robbing Peter of revenge. Along with issue 33 it's character defining and bringing Norman back or retconning the relationship with Gwen is hackery.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
How can Gwen Stacy simultaneously be "from an upper class family" and also "the daughter of a police officer"? Cops don't make shit for money. It's literally a blue collar job.
An NYPD Captain's salary plus overtime could make a lot of money. It's an outlier but a few years back there was a Captain who pulled in almost half a million in one year. His base pay was $160k.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
MJ has always been better than Gwen anyways.

Besides, Spider-Gwen has kinda supplanted OG Gwen in my head.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if there is more than what is in the OP, but it doesn't seem she is sympathizing with a white supremacist really.
She wants to support the guy because he is full of law-and-order BS...and because she is a bit of a dumb ass she believes it. We readers know through the other panels that the guy is a filthy facist, but Gwen doesn't seem to know that.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if there is more than what is in the OP, but it doesn't seem she is sympathizing with a white supremacist really.
She wants to support the guy because he is full of law-and-order BS...and because she is a bit of a dumb ass she believes it. We readers know through the other panels that the guy is a filthy facist, but Gwen doesn't seem to know that.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. She seems more spurred to back the guy because he's talking about law and order when all she really wants is Spider-Man brought to justice. She doesn't seem to be aware of anything other than that. She's a willful idiot with a single issue mindset, but I wouldn't really say she's a sympathizer by what is shown.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Man, I didn't expect Jameson to turn a conscience after the later movies made him an Alex Jones analog.
Very pleasantly surprised and very disappointed by Gwen Stacy that can stay rotting where she is.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, I didn't expect Jameson to turn a conscience after the later movies made him an Alex Jones analog.
Very pleasantly surprised and very disappointed by Gwen Stacy that can stay rotting where she is.
Comic JJJ has tons of faults (that's understating it), but he's got a complicated relationship with his frenemy.
844.jpg

He's a good guy. Way, way, WAY down deep.
43afdc7aa1c680a94a9bb0808f84091e.jpg

... But, yeah, original Gwen wasn't the best for Peter. MJ was a massive upgrade.