• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Did you attend a NYE party?

• Yeah man!

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • No way!

Votes: 164 76.6%
  • I would have but couldn’t/didn’t

Votes: 13 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
If so, what the fuck is wrong with you

we're in the most contagious stage of the pandemic ever in the US

I was invited to one but my friend went and I didn't because of Covid. He wasn't boosted. He's positive now.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Well, we usually do NYE with one specific friend of ours. But she couldn't come down because travel is horrendous right now and the weather was bad. Also I was sick (with not COVID, thank goodness) the entire week between Christmas & New Years.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna judge someone that did (as long as they're boosted and vaxxed) but I just spent NYE chilling with my GF and my cats cause I'm boring

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We were at my grandma's house and while we switched between the various NYE shows she talked about how much she doesn't like Pete Davison and how much she does like Anderson and Andy on CNN

I'd call that a party but most people wouldn't

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
nope spent it with my family who had flown in from out of town earlier in December before things started really popping off with Omicron. If they weren't here I'd have spent it at home

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
I mean what constitutes a party? I stayed at some friends' house for a few days. I agree going to a huge party with 15+ people from many differnet households all intermingling seems poorly thought out but hanging out with some boosted and vaxxed friends seems reasonable to me.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Went to a pub for NYE. Vaccine and test were mandatory to get in. Not worried at all as we have a super high vaccine rate.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Had a small get-together of me and two friends, we rapid-tested both before and after the event.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
We went to a friends house, there were maybe 10 of us, we are all vaxxed and boosted... Don't really feel there is much more I can do... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I had two friends come and spend it at ours, she's pregnant so we all tested beforehand.

Ate our own body weight in Chinese food, played some boardgames, listened to music, saw in the NY.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
When you just need to let every one know for a third time that you were invited to a New Years party but declined.

OP
OP
Nothing Loud

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
We went to a friends house, there were maybe 10 of us, we are all vaxxed and boosted... Don't really feel there is much more I can do... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everyone at my friend's NYE party was boosted or at least 2 dose vaxxed and there are now 3 positive cases from that 12 person party, including my friend being an asymptomatic carrier who tested positive on a rapid test, which makes sense because the vaccine boost itself is only about 88% effective at preventing contraction of the disease iirc.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
No. It was illegal anyway (we're in lockdown), but I wouldn't have gone even so.

Dec 22, 2017
We had a 400 person orgy covered in pigs blood. As a party favor gave out omicron infected blankets for our guests to distribute to their friends and family.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Nope.
Friend recently setup a custom FoundryVTT server, so we christened it with some D&D that night.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Everyone was vaxxed. Kinda ended on a sour note, but otherwise it was alright.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Voted no as a Canadian, but always laugh when an OP,

A) Makes a poll where they antagonize you if you answer opposite what they believe before you could even answer (poisoning the poll and defeating the purpose).
B) Assumes everyone on ResetERA is from the US and all health and living conditions when there were like 59 cases in NZ yesterday and aren't in a code red health state.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not because I didn't want to, but a newborn and getting as much sleep as I can are priority #1 atm.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Just a small gathering with 2 friends (a married couple). All 4 of us are vaxxed and boosted, and we kept a reasonable distance from each other.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
It was the most insane party I've ever been too. Catnip was everywhere for my two cats and my dog got two chicken feet which made her zooms level 101. I suspect she also got in on the cats supplies.

Then again even if COVID wasn't a thing I wouldn't have gone out. I'm not going to shame people for going out though. If you are boosted and made sure you went somewhere that was following all the rules and being careful that is great.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
If so, what the fuck is wrong with you

we're in the most contagious stage of the pandemic ever in the US

I was invited to one but my friend went and I didn't because of Covid. He wasn't boosted. He's positive now.

what's with the holier than thou attitude.

People is getting sick even if they are boosted masked and did tests before and doing "the right thing"

these threads need to stop.

but yes. i went to a small get together of 7 people. All vaxxed. I was boosted

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I travelled to England to do Christmas with family. I flew back on New Years Eve and it was more than enough exposure for me. The guidance saying small family gatherings for Christmas are okay, but NYE parties weren't made a lot of sense to me if I'm honest.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Nope. Just had a small dinner with my SO and family. Spent New Year's Eve in quarantine then flew home New Year's Day.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Voted no as a Canadian, but always laugh when an OP,

A) Makes a poll where they antagonize you if you answer opposite what they believe before you could even answer (poisoning the poll and defeating the purpose).
B) Assumes everyone on ResetERA is from the US and all health and living conditions when there were like 59 cases in NZ yesterday and aren't in a code red health state.
Yeah, I don't think shaming tactics work here. Been a year or so since vaccine availability. Not really working.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Stayed home and after the kids went to bed broke out the perlers they got for Christmas and started making sprites for the fridge.

Wild ass New Year.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I guess it was a party, it was my wife, me, and two friends that we've been seeing throughout the whole pandemic. Everyone is vaccinated and boosted. We just hung out at their place.

Oct 27, 2017
My partner and I usually don't. Didn't see the point. NYE isn't much of an exciting thing anymore now that we're older. We were in bed before midnight anyway.

kalgore

Oct 29, 2017
We were supposed to hang out with my wife's sister and her family. I usually watch the Canada WJHC game with my brother in law. Game got cancelled and we got the Rona. I think my whole house was asleep by 10:30.

I wouldnt have gone to a big party or out to a club or something. I hadn't done that in years before the pandemic either.

Oct 7, 2019
Lol "what the fuck is wrong with you"? Good stuff, nice and antagonistic straight off the blocks. I went to my mates house with about 6 other people who were all jabbed and with negative tests 🤷‍♂️.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I cleaned my apartment after being away for three weeks while some water damages were repaired

Status
Not open for further replies.