• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Did you get along with your sibling(s)?

• Yes

Votes: 196 59.6%
  • Only the one(s) with a big age gap

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • Only the one(s) with a small age gap

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • Only the one(s) that were the same gender as me

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Only the one(s) that were a different gender than me

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • None of the above (No correlation between who I did/didn't get along with)

Votes: 13 4.0%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I have 3 siblings, 2 of which are over 10 years old than me and 1 of which is only a few years older than me. The sibling closest in age to me, I spent the most time with but I'd say we got along the least. We fought a lot. I got along really well with my oldest siblings though.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have three brothers, one of whom is three years younger than me, who was my best and closest friend growing up. We eventually drifted apart when he was around 12 and I was around 15.

We did basically everything together, to the point that I think it actually arrested my development a bit -- an 8 year old spending time exclusively with a 5 year old, a 10 year old spending time exclusively with a 7 year old, and so on. I had only one friend my age and I didn't spend as much time with him as I did with my brother and his friends, who were all substantially younger than me.

My other two brothers are eight and nine years younger than me, so we weren't really close as I was already a teenager when they were children.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My little brother(youngest), 5 years younger than me, 99% of the time - always been good friends.
My little sister(middle child) 1.5 years younger than me, 20% of the time at best. Problem child.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
No. I have an older sister and she has always treated me like shit. After our parents die, I don't care if I ever see her again or not.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
eh they were much older than me and i dont really have any happy memories other than my sister helping me with ocarina of time and watching her stoner friends play mario 64 (i liked to see someone older than me do something i liked to do)

my sister would defend me from real shit like psycho next door neighbor kid and my parents acting like teenagers when they had marriage problems, but i dont know that we ever really talked or did much together before she went off to college

my brother basically i have absolutely no memory of whatsoever but at least he was the reason we had a NES

then later on they both became pretty annoying, i love my sister but she has some problems she is never willing to deal with and my brother is just kind of a jackass

my sister is 7 years older than me and im not sure about my brother but like possibly 12 years+

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
1 older (26), and 2 younger siblings (23 and 20).
They're pretty much my best friends and I can always rely on them.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
mostly, yes

im closer with my brother than my sister, but in general we all get along, and got along growing up

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, not really. We don't really get along nowadays either. We're just ok.

Mostly because of family trouble i wanted to separate myself from.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how to answer this. I have one sibling and I never had strong feelings toward her in either in direction. We didn't fight, so in that sense we "got along".

If anything I was mostly apathetic to her, then grew closer to her after her children were born, then grew distant again because of life choices and events.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
me and my little sister fought about stupid shit all the damn time

i was probably not a very good brother. i was quite mean. but the little shit broke my arm once. so i think we were even

now we get on quite well

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I love my siblings and even though I am oldest and they may have been intitmidated or annoyed by me at times, overall we have had good relationships. We all generally get along with one another.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I often got punched in the head for the most minor reasons. For a couple of years there were few days I didn't have some sort of lump on my head. So I'm picking "no."

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Me and my older bro (small age gap) are very close, we talk all the time, but there was a brief period of time when we were both young that he kept locking me in cupboards. Still not entirely sure why

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Only one near-age (year and a half difference) and same gender sibling.

Got along the vast majority of the time and hung out regularly growing up. Had a few small spats and physical altercations but nothing that really lasted past a few days of hurt feelings.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
I have 4 siblings, but the only one I regularly interacted with is 13 years younger than me.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
My sister and I really did not get along. She bullied me pretty relentlessly. Although she did go out of her way to look out for me as her younger bother. As we became adults our relationship got a lot better pretty quickly.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
My younger brother once stabbed me in the eye with a pair of scissors.

Yeah, we got on fine.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
My older brother used to beat the shit out of me all the time. Broke my nose when I was 8. He was a very troubled person and took it all out on me because I was so tiny.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe off topic as it's more recent(we are in our 50's) but I basically told one brother to F off this week. About 20 years over due. As the youngest of 3 I'm sick of walking on eggshells for the eldest.
Me and my middle bro are cool. Same chill attitude. Don't know where our oldest came from.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
My older sister liked to lock me in the utility room. We didn't get along. She's schizophrenic now and barely functional, just when things were starting to get better between us. Breaks my heart.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
no

me and my younger brother constantly fought. used to beat eachother up, he'd break my things and I'd lock him out of the house and stuff.

We get along really well now, though.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
I get along with all my siblings. As the oldest I helped raise and take care of them. My brother who is only two years younger than me is a pain in the ass though.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah but they are 13 and 16 years older than me so there wasn't much conflict to be had there.

My brother have never been that close with each other though.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Well enough. Me and my three years younger than me sister got in the occasional arguments and I wouldn't say we have ever been ultra-close, but we have always gotten along well enough 95% of the time.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Sorta? I mean, i never HATED my siblings, I actually loved my older brother but he abused the fuck out of me and was a bully (not sexually abused, but physically, yes). But i think i understood even from a younger age it was a product of a broken household and my brother being the focus of my father's unhinged ire for literally no reason. So while he made my life hell I still always considered us friends and close?

I got along with my younger sister but we had a convo recently with our SOs where she mentioned she didnt think any of us liked each other as kids and now Im like wait wtf I thought we were cool. Idk we had a fucked up childhood, we're all good now tho they live states away so I dont get to see them much. I probably wont see them for a long while because of the pandemic which sucks. I gotta get better at actually picking up the phone and calling them.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I never spoke to either of my siblings growing up and still to this day i don't talk to either of them much. It's sad, but it is what it is as we didn't have much in common.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
grew up with an older sister and we used to fight a bunch. we get along great now though.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
No, mostly not. My older brother was kind of a butthole to me until we got older. Then I had three half sisters who weren't very kind either until we were adults.

Man thinking about it now I had kind of a messed up group of siblings.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
One brother is two years younger than me, the other is almost ten years younger. I got along with the youngest one alright, but I was out of the house by the time he was eight. I really didn't get along with the brother who was closer to my age and we fought a lot.

When he became an adult, we started getting along better, at family gatherings and the like. It was a nice change. However, once my wife and I announced her first pregnancy on Facebook, he publicly posted that we wouldn't be good parents and felt that we would be unable to support a kid so she should get an abortion. That was ten years ago, we haven't talked to him since.

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
I am the youngest sibling of 6, I was bullied badly by my siblings and generally had a miserable childhood, we were dirt poor and life was tough, that being said were a lot closer these days than when we were kids and I love them all very much

MatchaMouse

Mar 12, 2018
Yep. Had usual sibling annoyances going on but for the most part we all got along well. Now that we're all adults, they're my best friends haha.

May 10, 2018
Not really. The siblings on my father's side I haven't had any contact with in almost a decade. My sister by my mom lives with me but we are 8 years apart in age so we don't have much in common and are polar opposites personality wise.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Me and my younger sister get along decently now, if primarily because we can confide in each other in the craziness that is our family. Plus, my sister was always the "baby" of the bunch of the extended family, but when I began my gender transition she realized that SHE gets to be the older sister for once.

However as children we were constantly at each other's throats.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
My 2 year younger sister and me were like dog and cat. I liked teasing, she always over reacted.
vicious cycle.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
For the most part yes, but things got strained during our teenage years. Our seperation due to moving out was the best thing to happen to us - we all get on great now.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
I have two older brothers and I get along with them really well, despite any age gaps or what not. I guess when I was really young, my oldest brother didn't necessarily talk to me all that much but when I turned 9 or 10 that shifted pretty dramatically.