• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
Anthem, I enjoyed it enough to beat the game and do everything I could do before the updates. It wasn't a strong enough story wise, and had some obvious issues. But I'm also not someone who can grind through a game in less than a week. So I can see why those ppl may have felt the way they did about it. But for me, it was plenty of content.

Oct 25, 2017
DNF was such fun... for me at least. I might've been the only one in this whole planet.

When all the first person shooters tried to be the new Call of Duty, Duke Nukem Forever was the game it was meant to be, when they originally started developing it during 2000's. Stupid humor, a little bit of variety in gameplay, somewhat a retro-is feel... love it.

This is my answer as well.
I enjoyed it and got all the achievements in the main game and DLC.
The humor came off to me as intentionally stupid, and I liked most of it.
AND, I thought the driving segments were super fun despite the jank.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
51slULDElLL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Just above average, but I had alot of fun with it and plus it includes the original trilogy as unlockables. Am fan.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Terminator: Resistance for me.

It's not high art by any means, but I was legit stunned at the incredibly low scores it got. Again, it's not amazing, but I genuinely, thoroughly enjoyed it and found a lot of care and effort went into it.

Also, dat fucking theme tune man...

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unlimited SaGa. One of the very few games i will say that people didn't quite "get"

It's a really unique game, held back by just being so vastly different than anything at the time.
Yes! Unlimited SaGa is such an underrated gem, there really is nothing quite like it. I know some of its systems are obtuse, it being a SaGa game and all, but it's genuinely one of my favorite games of all time.

Nov 26, 2019
For movies my taste doesn't generally lineup with critics, but for games I tend to agree with the critical consensus most of the time, with a few gems in the low 70s I've enjoyed from time to time. As a matter of fact, games in the low 70s to low 80s tend to really strike a chord with me; Godhand and Grasshopper games come to mind.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I liked Amy enough to finish it and that's got a 25% Metacritic score on Xbox 360. I mean, it was very flawed and they clearly ran out of money and had to rush it out before finishing it, but I liked what they were trying to do. Similar thing with the War of the Worlds puzzle/platformer that came out on the 360 (55% Metacritic).

I like Wild Arms XF more than FFT & Tactics Ogre. WAXF has a 64% Metacritic score.

Dynasty Warriors 9, which I honestly think is a really good game. Its reception was pretty bad thanks to inexcusable performance on last gen consoles, and being so different from its series. But on a PS5, it's one of my favorite musou games.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Well I'm currently playing through Sonic Unleashed and....it's pretty great. It's easily the best 3D Sonic game. I actually played through Generations before playing this and Unleashed looked better, controls better and has MUCH better level design. Even the werehog stages are fairly decent, if a bit simple. It's basically Sonic Adventure 3, except fully realised and good.

My only previous experience with this game is the Wii version so maybe it's vastly different cause I remember it being shit.

Also begs the questions what happened to Sonic after this? The production values are crazy good. Why did they cheap out so much after this game?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Sonic 06. It's so laughably dumb and glitchy, and also takes itself way too seriously and is practically Sonic Adventure 3 that it is impossible to hate it but not love it at the same time.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crackdown 3, Kane and Lynch 1 and 2 in a way, Dark Souls 2 if you consider the fan reception (I loved it and it's pretty much my favorite in the series), Fallout 76, Anthem in a way (got more than 80 hours played until I was done enjoying it), Avengers (had a lot of fun with the campaign), Empire of Sin, and probably a ton more I'm forgetting right now.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I was obsessed with multiplayer Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. No regrets at all, it was fucking lit. Blow up the vault, rob the bank, steal the horses, escape like a boss.

I probably played it for 2 years.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Sengoku Basara on PS3

61 metacritic my arse!
Easily one of the best musou style games out there with levels that feel very unique from one another often having central gimmicks and themes running through them in a way most of the Koei Tecmo Warriors games don't come near, they even throw in some secrets in them.

These poopy reviews sunk the series in the West before it even got a chance, I'm pretty sure It's more known as a hyper crazy anime over here.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Resistance 2.

I loved that game for some reason, maybe because it was one of the first FPS PvPs I got into.
The biggest problem with Resistance 2 was that they forced you to only carry two guns and threw out the gun wheel from the first. Also, I don't believe they kept the 20v20 multiplayer either. Not to mention the story went just kinda bonkers and took the mysteries of the first game into a poor direction in my opinion.

Dying Light
Days Gone

These don't necessarily have the worst scores (low to mid 70s) but they deserve a lot more.

I think both of these games got very strong word of mouth shortly after they came out. Dying Light for sure, that game is very solid. Hope to see the sequel sometime soon.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Best combat system in the series (for me) I loved exploring the world doing sidequests, it was great sendoff to the FFXIII series, that final boss was bonkers.

I did use cheat engine to "manipulate" the timer though, so I could enjoy exploring, doing sidequests, talking to people etc at my own leisure. That probably made me enjoy it more than I would have without.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Dark Souls 2 didn't have a really bad general reception, and certainly didn't garner bad review scores. To argue otherwise is objectively incorrect. The game has 91 on Metacritic!

Come on, guys.

There's a contingent of vocal fans that quite dislike the game, but I'd argue they are in the minority. Even people who believe it's the worst Souls game don't consider it to be a bad game at all, just not as good as the other ones. . I'd argue it wasn't until the Mathewmatosis critique of the game that perception of the game began to be skewered and people became more critical of it.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
I LOVED Operation Raccoon City. Thought it was really fun. ORC2 is probably my most wanted sequel that will never happen.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
RAGE 2. Gave it a try because it's on PS Now not expecting anything based on all the shit I read about the game but ended up enjoying every second of it. The shooting was superb and it's the closest to a Bulletstorm I've ever played.

looprider

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, for sure. Xbox 360 Last Remnant, Drakengard 3, Magna Carta 2, Phantasy Star 0, Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Oct 25, 2017
Even Yoko Taro fans talk shit about Drakengard 3, but it's still to this day my 2014 GOTY. It wasn't the greatest year for gaming, but still, from trash to GOTY in a slow year there's quite a huge gap.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires. It somehow had worse presentation and game balance than DW7E, like only having a single ending doesn't matter how you play, rather than DW7E fame based midgame cutscene and endings, and at launch it was missing a bunch of features that were in 7E, but I just loved the amount of customization in the game. You could create characters, kingdoms, meeting/throne rooms(with options like futuristic, medieval and Japanese, not just based on Three Kingdoms) and actually save the custom scenarios and play through them from multiple points of view, and there was an immense moveset variety due to having everything from DW7 and DW8 (including weapons that had been dumped and replaced).

Last edited:

Many

Sep 17, 2018
Some pople say Zelda skywward sword is one of the worst. I think is one if the best.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
Fallout 4.

I main Warhammer 2, but FO4 is the guilty pleasure for sure. With ManyATrueNerd's YOLO run currently in-progress, I got the itch to go back and do a full Survivor mode run. I've got close to 1000 hours in FO4 to this point and i still haven't seen a bunch of content, so I'm committed to this run. Survival mode FO4 is a much better game than regular FO4. I'm learning the map and seeing areas I've never really seen before because of survival mode rules.

Plus, I heard one of the funniest ambient lines of dialogue in this game just the other day - while poking into Backstreet Apparel, I was in a situation where I knew some raiders were in the next room and I was trying to fish them out. After a brief exchange of gunfire, I retreated and heard one of the guys say, "Who carries around a desk fan?" and i had to pause the game I was laughing so hard.

OGM_Madness

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2019
I really enjoyed the N64 Mission Impossible game when I rented it back in the day.
I'm a sucker for a 50/60 out of 100 game

Are you me?
I bet that game has not aged well, but the version that lives in my memory is amazing. I think I rented the game and beat it and rented it again later and beat it again.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
I had fun with Paper Mario Sticker Star on my first playthrough, although I never got to the final boss. Haven't played it since though.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
A lot of JRPGs on PS3 were very harshly judged by critics like the first Atelier trilogy

Thank goodness we are past that era and now people usually assign an expert in the genre to review the genre.

For me it's Resident Evil Resistance. Too many people gave it crap for being a pretty good Mastermind vs 4 players type of game.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Loved Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness...

I also refuse to ever visit it again because I know what will happen.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I consistently enjoy the Dynasty Warriors series despite lackluster reviews here in the West.

Days Gone didn't review "badly" per se, but I loved it WAY more than critics did.

And more recently, Cyberpunk 2077. Far from perfect and it wasn't finished clearly, but I'm 80 hours in and still enjoying it.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I lowkey enjoyed my time with Sonic 06 when I played it at launch.

Don't know if I'd still enjoy it now though.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Medal of Honor: Warfighter.
Single player was utter trash, but the multiplayer was pretty good. It was a bit like BF3 MP, but with smaller maps.