• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I work from home. Often, I am not moving around enough during the day to get a full appetite and rely on a hearty smoothie to get my body going.

Today, I made my usual smoothie. Blueberries, bananas, spinach, and protein powder. Toss it all in the blender, give it a minute, and start chugging it down.

BOOM! HERE'S A PUNCH IN THE FACE OF SPICY GARLIC TO GO WITH YOUR TASTY FRUIT!!

I gag, nearly puke, and realize the blender must not have been cleaned very well since making pasta sauce the other day. No matter I say, I'll scrub 'er down and make a fresh smoothie.

Thoroughly clean the blender, rinse, toss everything in, blend for a bit, then start chugging it down.

BOOM! HERE'S A PUNCH AND KICK TO THE FACE OF SPICY GARLIC NASTINESS!!

What the fuck I think? I cleaned the hell out of this thing what is going on!? Slowly, my eyes come to rest on the baggie of white protein powder laying on the counter. Hmmm, that's got a bit of a different hue...perhaps *sniff*. Yes, that is indeed garlic powder. Two heaping spoonfuls of which I had added to both smoothies. Normally we only have the one baggie of white powder in the pantry, but while I was away last week I guess my partner felt the need to purchase some garlic powder and put it in the exact same fucking spot.

So now I feel sick, I can't get the taste of garlic out of my mouth, and I said fuck the smoothie and am having a beer for lunch. If you did something stupid today, post it here to make me feel better.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I wore running shoes out in the pouring rain today and my socks got soaked

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Adding garlic and cilantro and lime to a berry smoothie is amazing tho

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am a collective of dumb decisions. Thankfully I managed to put on my pants today.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
The worst is when you keep burping up that garlic taste, there's like a heat to it.
The taste won't leave. I was always one of those "no such thing as too much garlic" people but yes, apparently there is such thing.

Chug a mouthful of pepto, that should help with the taste and also the spicy indigestion you no doubt are feeling.
Once I get this beer down me it's off to the bathroom for a full oral cleanse.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
When I was a little kid, my cousin wouldn't let me play his N64 until I ate a raw clove of garlic. I gave in. It sucked. I still remember no matter how many popsicles I had or brushed my teeth, would it go away.... It stays for a bit :/

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
PEPTO GIVES YOU BLACK POOP?

If you're one of the lucky people who's saliva and GI tends to have a slightly elevated amount of sulfur in it, you get the joy of pepto turning your tongue black for a day or two, too. It's a reaction to the bismuth in it (hence the bismol name) and it scared the shit out of me the first time it happened.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Protein powder doesn't have an odor. Granulated garlic does.

That you couldn't detect any difference before you tried to guzzle it down is concerning.

Oct 29, 2017
If you're one of the lucky people who's saliva and GI tends to have a slightly elevated amount of sulfur in it, you get the joy of pepto turning your tongue black for a day or two, too. It's a reaction to the bismuth in it (hence the bismol name) and it scared the shit out of me the first time it happened.

Damn, that's never happened to me before and I've CHUGGED some pep.

Why the fuck are you mixing spinach with blueberries. What the hell is wrong with some of you?

Oh hell yeah, all the time. My smoothies are basically:
Ice
Spinach
Berries (Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc)
Banana
Powdered Peanut Butter
Flax seeds
Some organic whole milk
Maybe a little bit of yogurt

Shit's GOOD

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
I do it all the time. You can't taste the spinach, and it gives you a lot of veggies at once. I throw in some strawberries and pineapple too. All you can taste is the fruit.
Yeah this. Great way to add some leafy greens to the diet and it all gets tastelessly blended in with the delicious stuff.

Like garlic powder, for example.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I do it all the time. You can't taste the spinach, and it gives you a lot of veggies at once. I throw in some strawberries and pineapple too. All you can taste is the fruit.

Ok but do you just not like spinach regularly? I'm all about it so I wouldn't want to mask it in a blueberry banana shake.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
When I was a little kid, my cousin wouldn't let me play his N64 until I ate a raw clove of garlic. I gave in. It sucked. I still remember no matter how many popsicles I had or brushed my teeth, would it go away.... It stays for a bit :/
But the real question is...was it worth it? 😉

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok but do you just not like spinach regularly? I'm all about it so I wouldn't want to mask it in a blueberry banana shake.
I do. But if I have a smoothie it's usually as a meal replacement, so the veggies are extra important. Or if it's with breakfast, extra spinach won't hurt. Or if I'm eating pancakes, then it's the veggies I'd otherwise miss from the meal. It doesn't hurt to add more spinach, even if I'm eating a spinach omelette.
Yeah this. Great way to add some leafy greens to the diet and it all gets tastelessly blended in with the delicious stuff.

Like garlic powder, for example.
Lol. Well, apparently not that. ;)

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. Messaged people I shouldn't because I'm having feelings of severe loneliness and reaching out to people who really shouldn't give a shit. And I feel like I'm not done yet!

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I work from home. Often, I am not moving around enough during the day to get a full appetite and rely on a hearty smoothie to get my body going.

Today, I made my usual smoothie. Blueberries, bananas, spinach, and protein powder. Toss it all in the blender, give it a minute, and start chugging it down.

BOOM! HERE'S A PUNCH IN THE FACE OF SPICY GARLIC TO GO WITH YOUR TASTY FRUIT!!

I gag, nearly puke, and realize the blender must not have been cleaned very well since making pasta sauce the other day. No matter I say, I'll scrub 'er down and make a fresh smoothie.

Thoroughly clean the blender, rinse, toss everything in, blend for a bit, then start chugging it down.

BOOM! HERE'S A PUNCH AND KICK TO THE FACE OF SPICY GARLIC NASTINESS!!

What the fuck I think? I cleaned the hell out of this thing what is going on!? Slowly, my eyes come to rest on the baggie of white protein powder laying on the counter. Hmmm, that's got a bit of a different hue...perhaps *sniff*. Yes, that is indeed garlic powder. Two heaping spoonfuls of which I had added to both smoothies. Normally we only have the one baggie of white powder in the pantry, but while I was away last week I guess my partner felt the need to purchase some garlic powder and put it in the exact same fucking spot.

So now I feel sick, I can't get the taste of garlic out of my mouth, and I said fuck the smoothie and am having a beer for lunch. If you did something stupid today, post it here to make me feel better.
I mean i checked the direct thread with hope of an announcement that in itself is a dumb decision today.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Technically today (around 1AM) I was watching BoJack Horseman while drinking. Not a good combo